TripAdvisor
All reviewshot tubself cateringmilking parlourlarge grouphen dospa treatmentsfriends weddingwedding receptionworking farmlyme regisfunction roomblown awaystunning viewsfrom start to finishmy mumlovely weekendwifi code
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Returned early from The Stables!!
Owners didn't question why (guess it happens a lot?) and didn't seem bothered! They had taken our money upfront anyway!
Location? Building site all day every day! We travelled with young children and didn't feel safe! No car park and constantly had to get builders to move vans and lorries so we could get near to Stables!
No welcome or welcome pack for us!
Had to keep windows shut as noise and dirt from building work unbearable! Main bedroom v damp: you can both smell and see it!
Expected for £1000 for the week a bit of luxury but these were just a few of our issues, wish it was just the lack of luxury we could complain about! And people wonder why the Brits travel abroad?
Bliss to be home: should NOT have to say that....

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Boopie2
CranberriesH, Owner at Cranberries Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

My name is Steve Littley and I am the owner of Cranberries. I have never replied personally to a Tripadvisor review before, but I felt that after reading this I needed to respond to such a negative review. On arrival you were greeted by myself and shown to the Stables by me personally. As with all guests arriving you are shown to the barn and given instructions and information. You said you ordered 2 cots and 2 highchairs, 1 cot was requested only by yourselves on booking only, 2 cots and 2 highchairs were subsequently delivered to you for your twin babies. We charge for hire of these items but the fee was waived.
After you had been here for 3 days yourself and I had a conversation for over 10 minutes, if there was any issue at all during your stay you at no point during that conversation did you mention anything. If you wanted to contact me at any point during your stay to mention any problems I am easily contactable, I live on site, as do my parents and in the information booklet (provided in all barns)there is a number for the office and 2 telephone numbers for out of hours issues. At no time during your stay did you telephone me with any problems or indeed come to the office to tell me of any problems.
We have over 400 car parking spaces here but you choose for your own convenience to park outside of the stables. The major part of our renovation works is complete and it is now only internal fittings that are being finished so there is no outside noise. There is an equestrian centre onsite and they use a blower to clear the yard of hay and straw to keep a tidy yard. If any noise disturbed you, we apologise.
The damp you mention, the stone barns are over 250 years old and constructed of lime and stone (as mentioned on our website all literature) it is a breathable material and as such from time to time moisture will penetrate walls it is easily fixed and not long lasting. The main farmhouse and all other barns onsite are made and constructed of the same materials and are of the same age. The rooms are kept warm with the underfloor heating installed which is power by our eco ground source and air source heat pumps. If again you had mentioned a problem we could have moved you to another barn or freshened up the room for you.
I am sorry you felt the need to leave a day early, if you have mentioned during the 4 days you were here that there were problems you were experiencing then we could have done something to make your stay more comfortable. Instead I find myself responding to a very negative trip advisor review (1 of only 24). We have had thousands of people stay at Cranberries who have enjoyed, weekends, week long stays and their wedding and reception here with us. I would be thankful if everyone who stayed left a review we would be over the 10,000 mark by now and small negative comments would be lost in the many reviews from happy customers and of course our returning customers. Can i please reference a review that was left by a person on Laterooms who stayed here the same time as you:
A little piece of heaven
I have never felt compelled to leave a review before but I thought that this place totally deserved the excellent feedback that I am about to leave......... We stayed in the Saddlery and although small, it was perfectly formed with officially the comfiest bed in the land. Cranberries is tucked away from the hustle and bustle with amazing views from all aspects. The booking experience was seamless and the additional extra's of Breakfast, Food Hamper and Taxi's made the whole experience a breeze.
I would recommend Cranberries to anyone - You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed in "the dairy" and the positives are a lovely location and a nice welcome pack of groceries. But although we enjoyed our stay, as four women who like a bit of luxury, we were disappointed that some of the basics were missing. The spa bath looked fantastic but was a waste of time, as we gave up on trying to fill it as it was so slow, barely a trickle and the shower power was very minimal and no toiletries provided. There is no power point near the mirror in the double bedroom and no mirror at all upstairs so hair drying difficult. Sorry to sound negative but when you are away for a weekend these things are important. It was a particularly cold weekend for the time of year but as there were no logs for the wood burner we only had a convector heater so we were cold as well. We were with a group who stayed in the large barn, that was warm and well equipped.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank miloleicestershire
Reviewed 1 May 2014

There is something very special about Hills farm. Time seems to slip away when you stay there and you never really want to leave. The views are breathtaking and the staff are very friendly and attentive.

I have been going to Cranberries for many years now and each time I go, the place is unrecognisable from the previous year (for the better) and talking to the owner when I stayed here over the weekend more plans are in place to make it quite 'special'

Although the hideaway does on occasion have construction in progress (Rome wasn't built in a day) if you are caused by any disruption whatsoever, the staff will do their utmost to rectify the issue as they have done for me.

The Cranberries is somewhere you can go all year round with family or for a romantic weekend away and not be disappointed. We will definitely be going for many years to come.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CranberriesH, Front Office Manager at Cranberries Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us. We have thousands of visitors every year, some new and many returning customers. It would be lovely if every customer could write a review when they leave Cranberries. We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The accommodation ( the Hayloft ) looks great from the outside, however we were a little disappointed on the condition & standard inside. Sorry to be picky, but it isn't up to luxury standard, especially for the £400 we paid for the 2 nights. (4 people)
Our carpet was filthy in the lounge area, cheap Tesco own brand saucepans, still with labels inside them, the kitchen sink tap sprays water everywhere when you move it around, the grouting in both the bathrooms is poor & missing in some of the joints, & an extra temporary fan heater was in the room as there was no heat in the radiators. It's a shame that the small details weren't addressed or done on the cheap, as it could be worth the money paid.
As the whole complex is an ongoing building concern, we would hope a higher standard of attention to detail in the new build, be more attentive.
The location & views of the surrounding countryside & closeness to tourist attractions, makes this perfect accommodation, but please make sure the rooms are 100% before occupancy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Macus075
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed in the Tack Room, quality fixtures and fittings, clean and tidy. Lot's of development going on but it didn't interfere with our enjoyment of the stay. Looking up at the stars in mid March from the hot tub was cool. The Old Inn is a short walk, but with a varied menu is well worth a visit. - small gripe, no wi-fi, but then it was nice to be (partially) cut-off from the outside world! We would certainly return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian C
verity c, Front Office Manager at Cranberries Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. We do offer free wifi throughout Cranberries. Due to the barns having very thick stone walls the signal in the Tack Room can be intermittent. I will pop you in the Saddlery for your next visit or try our new build Hotel Rooms! we look forward to welcoming you back