“Summer Lodge lives up to its name! Comfortable stay and wonderful experience - highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Summer Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dalwood
Ranked #2 of 2 Dalwood B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Approximately 2 months in advance of a wedding I was attending in the area, Summer Lodge was listed as the nearest B&B to the venue, so I checked the website and everything looked very inviting, as were the room rates! After making enquiries by email and receiving speedy replies from Tim, booking over the phone was simple and easy.

Upon arrival, the splendid stonewalled Summer Lodge stood proudly in front of me, I was amazed at how beautiful it was. Immediately the front door opened and Tim came out to greet me and help me with my luggage. As soon as you walk through the front door of the main house, the breakfast room is right in front of you (hard to miss!) as are the stairs leading to the bedrooms on the first floor. The decor was very cosy with a modern twist; I made sure to compliment Tim on this!!

As a solo guest, I stayed in the Dovecote Room*, which was bright and airy, with 2 sets of windows (3 including the bathroom) and thick curtains to keep out the heat and sun rays; Tim advised that I close the windows during the day to keep the flies out, which was expert advice!! The bed was very comfortable to sleep in and the sheets were spotless. There was lots of room to put your things, namely in the two wall cupboards which allow both hanging and folding space. Having an easy accessible ensuite bathoom was a neat addition, along with the useful extras (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, cotton pads - had I known, I wouldn't have brought my own!). It was also refreshing to have the option of having a bath or a shower, and had the weather been cooler I might've had a bath! On the whole, the room was hygienic and pleasant, I had no issues whatsoever.
*The room gets its name from the Dovecote which you can see from the window facing the fields at the back.

Breakfast each morning was delicious (a selection of fresh fruit & berries, along with mini boxed cereals and the option of a fried breakfast too - kudos to Tim!), and conversations with the other guests was enjoyable as well. On the second morning, Tim even came to join us for a cup of tea which was a nice surprise; I felt like more like a friend staying than a guest visiting.

As I was only in Axminster for a wedding, I did not have much of a chance to explore the area or nearby towns; however, a couple also staying at Summer Lodge did ask Tim for recommended places to visit, eat and drink. Tim was very informative and also offered to book an evening table for them at a popular pub which was very kind.

The location of the B&B is a little tricky to get to if you don't have a car (like myself) but there are several taxi companies in the area; I recommend that you book ahead if possible! Also, shortly after my arrival Tim was very generous and drove me to my next destination (which was close by).

To sum up, everything about this B&B is wonderful, Tim & Ady have done a spectacular job, and I would definitely stay there again. I imagine it is as cosy and welcoming in winter as it is in summer!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here for one night due to a friends wedding in the area. Tim made a great breakfast was very welcoming, also very generous giving us a lift to the reception just down the road. We stayed in the annexe which was a great room really spacious and very comfortable bed! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pauric-sarah
Appledore, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

As there were 3 of us we had the annexe (the music room) which was extremely spacious, comfortable, clean and had an amazing shower!!! I cannot give enough thanks to Tim and Ady who made us feel so welcome and we were treated more as friends than guests. The setting is amazing and the gardens stunning. Very highly recommended and we hope to visit again soon. Rose, Ian and Nicky

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rose T
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

A very nice and welcoming B&B. We were 'upgraded' to the music room which is more like your own hotel room. Tim and Ady were excellent hosts and very helpful with lots of hints and tips about where to go and what to do, where to eat etc. (before and while we stayed there). The B&B is situated on a quite country lane within walking distance of the local pub the Tuckers Arms and the lovely village of Dalwood. Great breakfast. We hope to revisit soon!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 318ise
Souhampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

We had such a nice stay in this beautiful b&b in the west country. Our room at Summer Lodge was the Music room, and as an annex to the main house was really private with its own entrance. It was lovely and cozy, and very warm - I think it had been well insulated. The bed was very comfortable and had the luxury of white company linen! A top notch full english breakfast was had by us in the morning, and we found the owners really welcoming and helpful. I would definitely come back to this fabulous b&b and highly recommend it to anyone wishing to stay in the area. oooo and the local pub was fab! - the Tuckers Arms i think it was called?

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sugarbee101
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

Warm welcome, wonderful breakfast and very spacious room with a very comfy bed! The setting is beautiful and just a short stroll from the village of Dalwood where we enjoyed a massive meal at The Tuckers Arms. Tim was a great host and I would stay there again on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Emsworth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

My wife and I spent a very enjoyable three nights at Summer Lodge. The Music Room was very roomy, nice bathroom and a large comfortable bed. Tim & Ady Henderson were friendly and helpful. The local pub, the Tucker's Arms was a delight - well-cooked food and sensible helpings. We hope to return.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dalwood
#1 of 2 in Evershot
Smallicombe Farm
Smallicombe Farm
#3 of 5 in Colyton
Andrewshayes Holiday Park

Been to Summer Lodge? Share your experiences!