“very warm welcome”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sudbury
wisbech
“very warm welcome”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Hi, We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on the weekend of my daughters wedding, the landlady of the hotel was so welcoming and she couldn't do enough to help. As my daughter was getting married away from home, i had to bring the flowers and a 3 tier wedding cake with me. Due to work commitments and freezing fog on the journey to the hotel, it was almost 10pm when we arrived. Therefore i didn't get chance to take the cake and flowers to the barn where my daugher was getting married. The landlady was very helpful and placed the flowers in her utility where it was nice and cool and she place the wedding cake in her conference room for safe keeping. The accomadation was more than adequate, it was warm, clean and the breakfast was excellent. My inlaws also stayed and there room was even better than ours. For a comfortable, friendly stay this hotel is recomended and i would definately stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank julie r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The owner & hotel were lovely..both friendly & attentive,room 10 was also very nice & comfortable & the owners pet dog Polly was gorgeous & gave the stay a homely feeling for me..I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
Long Melford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Although I live locally, I had a house full of visitors, so needed to get away for a couple of nights. On arrival I was greeted by the owner who was polite and friendly. The room was clean with a comfortable bed, flat screen TV, tea and coffee and, most important to me, a shower (actually a wet room - even better).

The room I stayed in had a limited view but other rooms would have better - then again, I don't tend to stand looking out of the window al night!

Breakfast was a choice of either a light breakfast or a full English. Being a veggie, I was offered veggie sausages to replace the traditional meat bits.

Great stay with friendly and approachable staff.

As a foot note, we had our wedding reception at this hotel some years back. Fantastic day / evening and again the staff were brilliant.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Richmond, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2011

my husband and i stayed three days over xmas,very friendly,the room was very clean and bright,breakfast on xmas morning was accompanied by a small gift,a very nice touch.will be using this hotel again.very friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2011

This is a beautiful, family-run hotel. They are so nice, I could not reccomend a better place in Suffolk, England!!!

Room Tip: Please come here!
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Clacton - Essex
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Nice clean room, comfortable bed.
Lovely full english breakfast included in the price, very tasty.
Our room was to the front of the hotel, near the main road, and it was a little noisy with the passing traffic.
Otherwise good value for money and would stay here again

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Gravesend
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We have stayed here before and have not been disappointed. Basically you pay for what you get. It's not 5 star luxury but it's not 5 star cost. Our room on each occassion has been clean and confortable. The staff have always been very friendly and polite. The breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. We shall stay there again the next time we visit our relatives in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sudbury
The Mill Hotel
Travelodge Ipswich Capel St Mary
The Bay Horse
The Bay Horse
#7 of 16 in Sudbury

Been to Hill Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!