We booked this hotel for an overnight stay whilst we were attending a wedding. We'd been told lots of good things about the place before our stay but sadly they didn't happen.
Our room was very small but enough for one night. It was very hot and there was no way for us to open the window so it became quite unbearable. The worst thing about the stay was the noise!!! We were woken very very early by slamming doors. The main door to the building would benefit from a slow closer to prevent this.
Staff were friendly when checking in and out. The room was very clean and had everything we needed for one night, we were just very disappointed that we didn't enjoy the night due to lack of sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in breathtaking Suffolk countryside, The Mill Hotel is a beautifully converted water mill situated on the banks of the picturesque River Stour. Originally a working water mill, this converted historic building now boasts a completely refurbished contemporary interior. The merging of the old with the new, together with The Mill's imposing façade and stunning views guarantee a real wow factor for visitors and guests. The hotel is ideally situated for exploring and visiting the many tourist attractions and cultural sites in the area and the rich heritage of East Anglia's beautiful countryside and coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Mill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Hotel Mill Riverside
- Mill Hotel Sudbury
- Mill Sudbury
- The Mill Hotel Sudbury, Suffolk