excellent room service dinner - good quality;
Beautiful position with lovely views on the riverside.
Car park not obvious as sign is miniscule;
Not for those who enjoy a lie in as loud thuds before 7am, and noise from showers in other rooms sound like the old industrial mill!;
Room too hot to sleep - no air con;
Drinking cups in bathroom kept above toilet cistern - hygienic?!
Breakfast left a lot to be desired as lack of choice. In addition, I put a plate aside as it had a dirty mark on it and watched as a member of staff wiped it with her finger and put it back on the pile - another 0 on the hygiene scale.
I wouldn't stay here again given the choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in breathtaking Suffolk countryside, The Mill Hotel is a beautifully converted water mill situated on the banks of the picturesque River Stour. Originally a working water mill, this converted historic building now boasts a completely refurbished contemporary interior. The merging of the old with the new, together with The Mill's imposing façade and stunning views guarantee a real wow factor for visitors and guests. The hotel is ideally situated for exploring and visiting the many tourist attractions and cultural sites in the area and the rich heritage of East Anglia's beautiful countryside and coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Mill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Hotel Mill Riverside
- Mill Hotel Sudbury
- Mill Sudbury
- The Mill Hotel Sudbury, Suffolk