“Bringing back top class to local Inns....”

The Cock Inn Glemsford
The Cock Inn Glemsford
Ranked #8 of 16 Sudbury B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Bringing back top class to local Inns....”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

...most definately leading the way to attracting people to stay in a warm, welcoming, local environment and friendly atmosphere in our beautiful countryside.

I booked the Cock Inn as I was attending a wedding in the area. From past experience my presumption was 'a bed for the night'. However when I arrived I was more than pleasantly surprised. In fact my expectations were smashed! The welcome was extremely friendly, the accomodation was excellent. My room was clean, complete and of no corners cut. In fact, I've stayed in higher star accomodation that lacked much more.

The pub was traditional with a modern twist that compliments each other. The outside has been well thought of with a relaxing beer garden for those who need a bit of fresh air(or smoke) without feeling anti-social. All excellent facilities available and expected of a local pub(pool table and juke box). Everything well thought of, placed and provided, with a pleasant relaxing lounge for those who appreciate a less active and more laid back environment to enjoy the local atmosphere with friendly faces.

Breakfast was again perfect and cooked to order and devoured in relaxing, peaceful surroundings....a perfect way to start my day to face my journey back home.

The landlord Chris was very friendly...in fact all the team were.....in fact the locals aswell.

I have since spread the word on how much my expectations were exceeded and hope to visit again, next time I'm in the area...but next time for a couple of nights with my partner.

I recently stayed in a B&B in central London, New York & Cape Town and I can tell you now they could learn alot from what Chris in both Atmosphere & Service!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Chris C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cleveland, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This place is terrific. The owner wasn't there so he had family running the business and what lovely people they are, we were really well looked after. The room was big, airy and very clean, we couldn't fault our experience. I only wish that we could have stayed more than one night. The pub is well stocked and it's obvious the owner takes pride in his business. I can highly recommend The Cock Inn. I totally agree with honda124. Bravo and thankyou.

Room Tip: Get in early to book this place as it's a gem. We stayed in a downstairs room which is perfect f...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank boozybub
Norwich
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My wife and I took our new motorbike out for a ride and decided to stay overnight at The Cock Inn, Glemsford, and we found an absolute gem.
The landlord, Chris, is freindly and welcoming. The pub is very clean and comfortable and the food is first class. We had a couple steaks, they were cooked just how we asked and were delicious.
The room we stayed in was very comfortable, very well appointed and excellent value.
This really is a brilliant pub, restaurant and accommodation, and this is all because of the landlord. Other landlords could learn from Chris, how to treat, talk too and look after their customers. Five star

Room Tip: Tip, Just go and stay there
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank honda124
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sudbury
Black Lion Hotel
The Old Rectory Country House
The Old Rectory Country House
#1 of 1 in Great Waldingfield
Bridge Street Historic Guest House

Been to The Cock Inn Glemsford? Share your experiences!