“Best Breakfast Ever”

David's
Ranked #8 of 94 Restaurants in Sudbury
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe, Soups
Description: A continental coffee shop for grown ups! The best coffee, fine scrambled egg, home made cakes, warm croissants and a warmer welcome.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had salmon and scrambled eggs and was blown away by how good it was (I am very fussy do this is big praise). The person who served us (I assume the owner) was charming and his coffee fantastic. All in all a lovely ladies breakfast get together and certainly worth another visit when I am around that area. Superb. Well done to that man

1  Thank holiday232323

Reviewed 7 August 2014

If you are fed up of these coffee chains churning out mediocre beverages in a sterile environment, then you must visit David's Deli in Sudbury! Without doubt the best macchiato outside Italy, using my favourite Segafredo beans, made by David or one of his capable team. The homemade cakes are just that - homemade... by some of his loyal customers I understand, and the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs are cooked to perfection.
If you want to relax in a charming and peaceful atmosphere, full of character (and I am not just talking about the owner!) then this is a must!

2  Thank DMHentall
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Indeed an oasis in Sudbury. Absolutely gorgeous coffee. Charming and helpful (also unflappable as the day we went he was on his own) host. A place to sit and spend time without tripping over a buggy or the table being knocked by marauding kidiwinks.
Keep up the good work.
If you haven't tried it, please do!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

After reading the reviews I though I was in for a real treat............. try a real let down.
The chap whom I believe was the owner was busy chatting to what I presume to be regulars.Service was very slow , I had a sandwich , the bread was dry to the point it stuck in my throat.When I mentioned this to another member of staff I was simply told , well its fresh in every day ! Throughout this time the owner continued to chat loudly to regulars.The place is cluttered and the floors needed a damn good hoover.The cakes looked good but after trying to attract attention to order some , I gave up.Funnily when I walked up and asked for the bill I didn't have to wait.

7  Thank Rog B
Reviewed 21 July 2014

On a short visit to Sudbury to see Gainsborough's House and needed refreshment. This place was recommended by the staff at Gainsborough's House and lived up to the billing. Beautiful cake, excellent coffee, friendly service all at a fair price. Would heartily endorse.