“stunning hotel, stunning place and fantastic staff!”
Review of The Mill Hotel

The Mill Hotel
Ranked #11 of 93 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kent, United Kingdom
“stunning hotel, stunning place and fantastic staff!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked a one night Travelzoo deal at The Mill which included room, champagne afternoon tea, bottle of prosecco, evening meal and breakfast, and booked a second night to make a weekend of it. On arrival we had a really warm welcome by Lorraine on reception who had been really friendly and helpful considering I had phoned a few times beforehand! I had forgotten to tell them that I required gluten free food. Considering this was a last minute request they went out of their way and laid on a lovely afternoon tea for me. Our room was lovely (room 36) right on the river and over looking the meadow. It was modern, clean and had everything we needed and was so very peaceful. My husband and I ate in the restaurant and again nothing was too much trouble. Such lovely friendly staff especially the Romanian head waiter Codin (sorry if I've got your name wrong). He was especially friendly, informative and attentive. He made us feel quite special and the food was amazing. We had such a lovely weekend there and would go back in a heartbeat. Well done to all at The Mill and thankyou, it really was one of the best short breaks we've been on.

• Visited April 2014

Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Good quality food”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We ate at the Mill Hotel for our Christmas meal, I had never eaten there before. The service was excellent and the staff were very attentive. I really enjoyed the food. Considering it was cooked en mass (there must have been 70 - 80 people there) the standard was very good.

Visited December 2013
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Good hotel in Sudbury”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very helpful staff. We stayed in ground floor room which had recently been refurbished. It was small but excellent for two people. The outlook on the river and water meadow was lovely. The food was excellent. Breakfast served up to 10.30 a.m. on a Sunday was a bonus as many hotels finish by 9.0

Visited January 2014
Rayleigh
“Poor”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I booked a room over the phone and when we arrived we were told the room was not booked. The restaurant service was very bad, we were told because there was a function upstairs that our meal would be delayed. This was quite the opposite. The food come out very quickly and the staff were rushing around everywhere. The table next to us even got their main course before they had finished their starter. The room was very small although this didn't matter as we were only staying 1 night.

1 Thank Ianeee
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“nice view”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

called in on a realy warm summer evening,nice cold beer and glass of wine,
sat on balcony looking over meadows.perfect,if you need somewhere to chill out in sudbury this is the spot,

• Visited September 2013