“Not as expected”

The Maldon Grey
Ranked #61 of 93 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hartest, United Kingdom
“Not as expected”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Took my husband here for a birthday lunch on a weekday as he enjoys pub grub that's exactly what we got but halfway through eating lunch realised the football was on and hoards of people arrived drinking heavily no separate areas so for this will not be returning. So went out for a lovely meal at the weekend with the family at a different establishment.

Visited July 2013

“Love this place!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner eat hear regular, mainly in a Sunday. The roast dinner is huge! And I love it! The staff are polite and attentive, nothing is to much hassle. If we take friends out this is where we book :)

Great Cornard, United Kingdom
“Pub grub”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Pub one side, resturant the other. Visited sunday lunch time and had to wait to get a table (not the greys fault for being popular). I had a roast which I really enjoyed and finished it off with a dessert that was most sickly but I had to finish as very morish. Family friendly but could do with more high chairs.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank thelard
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I can't believe that this pub/restaurant has no reviews! Admittedly it is a bit out of town and not where you would expect to find it, but, it is definitely one not to be missed. The exterior of this pub does not do justice to the interior, it is welcoming, well decorated and has great furnishings. The staff are all friendly and obliging, and as for the food......well, it might only be what some people would class as "pub grub" but all three meals we ordered were excellent. My husbands "sizzling steak" really was sizzling and cooked just as he likes it (blue) and his verdict was "that was the best cooked steak I have ever eaten". Well done chef! The other two meals were very well cooked.....Hunters Chicken was juicy with plenty of cheese on top and a big rasher of bacon (not a miserly rasher of streaky) and the Ultimate Surf, Turf and Cluck Burger was a huge, both in size and taste, hit with my daughter. We arrived, at 12 noon, to an almost empty pub and when we left at 1.30pm all tables were taken, this surely speaks for itself. It also has an outside seating area so is ideal for familes. We will definitely be returning when next in the area and will be recommending this establishment to anyone that will listen!! If you go to their website the menu is there for you to browse before visiting.

• Visited June 2013