“The staff were rude”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The staff were rude”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I found the staff very unhelpful and very rude we had a problem with our Meal and asked for them to change it and they refused so my partner had to buy another one Won't be going back there again

• Visited March 2014

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our friends use this pub a lot for Sunday lunch and took my husband and I today. It was very busy and we waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for our food which was tepid. We had roast but only 2 veg as they'd run out of peas and we were not impressed with frozen roast potatoes! Our friends were embarrassed and complained and we got a free drink. Apparently it's not always like that so we will try it again.

• Visited February 2014
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Friday Night Dinner”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

we arrived a little early for our table but were found a seat immediately... Very Good
Value for money was good....
The food was average but arrived very quickly.
Service from then on was poor, It turned out to be very dirty, dirty cutlery on the floor, Waiters had no napkins...
atmosphere was soso. what you would expect from a green king pub on a Friday night.
Overall, good if your going to the pub anyway but i wouldn't go out of my way to eat there and most likely wont be eating there again.

• Visited February 2014
York, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a winner”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Yet again great food and service for a great price. I have to recommend the steak sizzler, it always hits the spot. We will be again soon :)

Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

After using this Pub for some time, and have found the food and service very good, I must say that on my last two visits the food appears to have gone down hill. I had the Roast dinner last Sunday, and the food was cold, a tablespoon full of gravy, and roast potatoes that were equivalent to Aunt Bessie's. Must say, not worth the long wait for food or money.

• Visited November 2013