“Authentic curry a to make without fuss”

Rafi's Spicebox Ltd
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Sudbury
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Spicebox we flippin' love food! We want to share with you our passion and knowledge to help you create delicious food for your family and friends. We have shops in Sudbury, York, Harrogate, Newcastle Fenwick Food Hall and online. Pop by for tips & advice, menu planning ideas and our handmade Curry Packs, tailored to your tastes. We also have a large range of loose spices, gift sets & kitchenware, pickles & chutneys, snacks & sweets, breads, rice and much more. Whether you're a novice cook or avid foodie, we'll have something to tickle your taste buds and help you get creative in the kitchen.
York, United Kingdom
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Authentic curry a to make without fuss”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have used Rafi,s for Years service and advice is excellent. Email your order and pick up latter. Lovely food and keep in the fridge or freezer for months. Great for a quick meal and tastes home made.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Clarky57

Clare
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“wonderful curry”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

If u don't live near an excellent curry house then these are for u, if u love curry then these are for u, if u like to know what meat goes in your curry then these are for you. These are some of the best curry's I have ever had and I order them over the internet all the time. I adjust some to my own tastes and sometimes add other little things but in the main they are perfect just as they are. The Thai curry's are stunning too. I have turned all my friends on to them. Keep it up Rafi's you are my kids hero's.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank golfgolfgolfnut
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“I make the most amazing curry with these.....”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I met Rafi Fernandez many years ago at a Wine Tasting event in London and have been a convert of her curry mixes ever since.
My friends and family never fail to be amazed at my expertise in producing the most fantastic curry with Rafi's mixes - and yes I always admit they're not my own....
Having met her on several occasions at the shop in Sudbury, she always gave super little hints and tips to add to the occasion.
We have recommended these mixes to friends in may countries and with mail order no problem - go on give them a try....

Visited January 2013
1 Thank y123_11
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great little shop with very helpful and knowledgeable staff”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

without a doubt, Rafi's spice mixes produce the best, most flavoursome and delicious curries i have ever tasted - and i now live in East London. I used to go into this shop as a child (around 20 years ago) and now i order the packs online. The quality has never faltered. I have also converted numerous friends to this wonderful little shop who continue to keep themselves well stocked with packs.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Rachelle_Daron
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“When the restaurant is just too far to go...”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

For anyone interested in making their own curry, but perhaps not keen on amassing a cupboard full of spices (can't think why anyone wouldn't, but some people are funny), or for those whose time is at a premium, this is the place to go. Rafi's excellent curry packs can be bought here, along with just about every accompaniment you can think of and a good range of spices too. There is a great range on offer and staff are always happy to tailor the heat level to your liking. The packs themselves can be frozen and even once the curries have been made, can be divided into individual portions and slung into the freezer for that perfect 'want a curry but can't be bothered to go to the take-away' moment. In addition to that, I can genuinely say the quality is pretty close, if not equal to restaurant standard.

Visited June 2013