“Great curries”

Rafi's Spicebox Ltd
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Sudbury
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Spicebox we flippin' love food! We want to share with you our passion and knowledge to help you create delicious food for your family and friends. We have shops in Sudbury, York, Harrogate, Newcastle Fenwick Food Hall and online. Pop by for tips & advice, menu planning ideas and our handmade Curry Packs, tailored to your tastes. We also have a large range of loose spices, gift sets & kitchenware, pickles & chutneys, snacks & sweets, breads, rice and much more. Whether you're a novice cook or avid foodie, we'll have something to tickle your taste buds and help you get creative in the kitchen.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great curries”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Wish there was a Rafi's in Australia. Only here in Sudbury for 2 more months, wish I found Rafi's earlier.Delicious curries and very knowledgeable staff. Intend to try every curry before I leave. Never had a Phall before and Rafi's one was the perfect temperature and delicious.

Visited April 2014

Sudbury, United Kingdom
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Finally tried out raffis”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Don't know why it has taken me so long to go into here, but finally did the other week. We helpful and knowledgeable staff. And they were so easy to make. You choose which type you want, they bag up the appropriate species etc there and then, and can adapt mildness/ heat if required. They advise of anything else you may need like coconut milk which can be brought there, or a can of tomatoes . All you need is the meat. All instructions enclosed as well as explained to you in shop. Very easy. Ps this is a shop although listed under attractions.

Visited February 2014
United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Spice up your wife!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Love the spices in this shop but why oh why do you open at 9.30 when every other shop opens at 9? Are you still in bed, are you still drunk from the night before, who know. I've seen so many people walk past because your not open and in these days of austerity I would think you would want as many sales as possible. My advice is open half an hour earlier and bag those people walking past you never know it might improve your sales.

Visited September 2013
Spicebox, Manager at Rafi's Spicebox Ltd, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear flash_gordy,
Thank you for your feedback. We have a small team in our Sudbury shop who all work very hard. Perhaps in the future we will be able to open longer hours. If you ever find yourself short for time, you can always call ahead and we can prepare your order for collection. Thank you for your support of the Spicebox and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ely
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Superb results every time!”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I first experienced Rafi's currys when a friend came to visit and bought one over, I have been hooked ever since. I have now tried most of the curries and side dishes and love every one.
They are so easy to make, the shop staff are very helpful and they have a great range of other food stuffs and larder fillers. I recently purchased one of their spice boxes and am now learning how to use spices properly. I always go to Rafi's to stock up whenever I visit my parents in Sudbury and can't recommend it highly enough!

Visited July 2013
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Spot on every time”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Every time I visit my mum in Sudbury, one of the first trips is always to Rafi's. The staff are helpful and friendly and the currys are awesome. There is a wide variety of choice and they are so easy to make, and for what you're getting, really good value. Their website is also easy to navigate nod order from.

Visited August 2013