“Great Thai food”

The King's Head
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you do not want to pay for the surroundings, but just get great value good quality Thai food, this is the place to go.

We used to travel all the way to Ridgewell to frequent the last pub this couple ran.

He is a no nonsense genuinely nice, but quiet guy who runs the bar and his wife is the Thai cook.

She is very hospitable and often brings out little freebies that we haven't ordered if she would like you to try something, such as her lovely lavender and milk rice dessert.

The food is very reasonably priced and always great quality. The pub itself is a bit tired and run down but they are only tenants so cant invest too much in the fabric, personally I don't think it matters at all, the food and the friendly staff are what counts.

5  Thank matt w

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great food
great value for money
lovely people.
We used to frequent their pub in Ridgewell -it's such a shame that they had to move quite a long way away from us but when we want good quality Thai food we still travel all the way to Sudbury. Well worth it ♥♥♥

3  Thank Chariz B
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We live very close to this restaurant but have never got round to going in until last night. It was a last minute decision to go and we are very glad we did!

Extremely friendly staff delivering quality service and amazing food.

My wife chose a mild creamy Thai curry (Masaman), this was really lovely and full of flavour, I went for a dish off the specials board, who's name escapes me but was a lamb dish on the very hot scale! Again the flavours were amazing and the lamb was extremely tender, in fact the only thing that stopped me finishing it was the size of the portion. In short I doubt you'll find better Thai food at incredible value anywhere in this area and we will be returning there soon

4  Thank Johnny A
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Don't be put off thinking this is a pub, give the food a chance it is second to none. Service is great and the owners are lovely. The prices are very reasonable and allow us to dine here often. My partner adores the pad Thai, and I love any of the hot dishes. The Burmese king prawn curry is probably my favourite so far!

4  Thank Leigh M
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Sorry to harp on but after another visit here this evening I just had the most amazing Chicken Masaman Curry. It was just awesome. Please give it ago.

2  Thank angela a