“Had to leave”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hutton B&B and Inns
Blaina, United Kingdom
“Had to leave”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Booked this as a present for my mam and husband for my Mams 50th booked 6weeks in advance so nothing could go wrong had booked private facilities as I would expect this in this day and age and for 130 for two nights I would also expect this.
When my mother arrived she was told that her bathroom was down the hall and was shared with other guests. When she said that this was not correct she was told she was wrong.
When I checked my conformation this was not the case I had booked private when I contacted them she said she had given my booked room to other guest and only had that available and didn't see the problem as the only had to share with another room.
Then asked what I wanted her to do as there was nothing else she could do. I asked for money back which she agreed and my mother had to go find alternative accommodation on what was suppose to be a 50th birthday present.
Would never recommend this place

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katie B
Moorlands_Guesthouse, Owner at Moorlands Country Guesthouse, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that this unfortunate error occurred and your Mum of course would have been disappointed. I have contacted Freetobook to ensure the room is advertised as a standard room with shared facilities as obviously this has not been clear in the past. Regards Margaret Holt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I took my mother for a three day break to this lovely period guesthouse in the village of Hutton as a birthday treat.
The room(ground floor ensuite twin)was perfect, as my mother can't manage stairs too easily.The gardens were so pretty-a peaceful and relaxing environment for reading or enjoying a cup of tea.
The owner, Margaret, was friendly from the outset, and the cooked breakfast each morning was plentiful and fresh-delicious!
This guesthouse is a perfect base from which to explore Somerset.Wells, Glastonbury, Burnham on Sea and Cheddar Gorge are all within easy reach and the seafront at Weston Super Mare is 10 minutes drive away.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: Ground floor twin en suite room is ideal for anyone with difficulties climbing stairs
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank paulinehall33
Moorlands_Guesthouse, Owner at Moorlands Country Guesthouse, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
We were delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. My sincere apologies for not responding
sooner, a huge oversight on my part.. You were such charming and interesting guests and we
thank you for your comments.
Margaret
Bristol
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I loved our period room with all the lovely furniture, and the garden was to die for! we were made to feel very welcome without the feeling we were being watched all the time, it was a relaxing place to be and we intend to go back! the room was on the ground floor which was perfect for me as a disabled person, we LOVED it!!
Teresa & Geoff

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Moorlands_Guesthouse, Owner at Moorlands Country Guesthouse, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
We are so pleased you loved it here. It makes us happy too and you even had wonderful weather.
A good bonus. Be great to see you again maybe sometime in the future.
M.L,N.
West Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Margaret and her family offer a lovely break as well as a base for exploring the area. The hotel is a beautiful old house which has kept much of it's character. The bedrooms are quaint and have some great vintage pieces of furniture. There is easy parking and very friendly breakfast service. The gardens around the house are just lovely and the pub over the road ideal for your evening meal, good quality bistro style food and top class beer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Moorlands_Guesthouse, Manager at Moorlands Country Guesthouse, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
It was lovely to have you stay with us and we are delighted you enjoyed both the lovely house and pretty gardens. Look forward to welcoming you again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Margaret was very welcoming and we had a charming attic room with exposed beams and full of character. The breakfasts were great and there was a pub across the road which provided good value for money meals. We enjoyed visiting cheddar gorge and uphill village near Weston super mare. The house is in a great location with beautiful gardens. A very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We were so pleased you were able to visit us during your time in the UK and are glad you had such a pleasant stay. Hopefully see you again soon!
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

A beautiful period character filled guest house with a large landscaped garden that's run by a lovely lady and her family. Zee stayed in a double room with em suite shower room. Spotlessly clean room and a comprehensive choice of breakfast. Doggie friendly too.

All in a charming village just 10 minutes from Weston-Super-Mare.
We would recommend it!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Moorlands_Guesthouse, Owner at Moorlands Country Guesthouse, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
It was a pleasure to meet you and we were so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It has been so nice having visitors from this country and around the world who have enjoyed staying in this beautiful house.
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Margaret welcomed me & my family from the moment we arrived. The house was full of period features and the family room was large and comfortable with stunning views of the beautifully maintained gardens.

Margaret's daughter in law intoduced my 3 boys to her adorable dog, Millie. They thoroughly enjoyed playing football with Millie in the garden.

Breakfast was perfect, Margaret was very accomodating.

We would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014
Moorlands_Guesthouse, Owner at Moorlands Country Guesthouse, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here with us and look forward to welcoming your lovely family here again in the future. Millie will also be very pleased to see you!

Regards

Margaret
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hutton
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare East (A370) Hotel
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare Ea...
#7 of 28 in Weston-super-Mare
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (Seafront) Hotel
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (S...
#6 of 28 in Weston-super-Mare
Lauriston Hotel
Lauriston Hotel
#11 of 28 in Weston-super-Mare
Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa

Been to Moorlands Country Guesthouse? Share your experiences!