“Great food and service”

The Goat Inn
Price range: US$11 - US$31
Cuisines: Pub, Welsh
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Goat Inn is a traditional country restaurant, that prides itself in serving the best quality home cooked food alongside real ales and an extensive winelist. Sunday lunches served every week, function room available for special occasions or events, children welcome. We also have a beer garden for you to enjoy the sunshine.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Went last night after reading some good reviews on here. We were impressed by the lovely service and how quickly our orders were taken. We shared a starter which was cleared away efficiently by very polite staff. My husband had the ribs for main and said they were possibly the best ribs he'd ever eaten! I had the chicken and mango curry which was delicious, decent portion size and really good flavours. Didn't try any deserts as we were too full. Would definitely recommend and may return before the end of our holiday to try some of the other yummy looking meals!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

One of many visits to The Goat Inn and I felt compelled to write something. Our most recent visit was on a busy Tuesday evening (always advisable to book as it can get very busy) and was as enjoyable as ever. We had a couple starters to share (big portions) and then some steaks to follow and as ever they did not disappoint. The food arrived quickly and was incredibly tender and tasty, we all had a lovely time, much down to the food but equally the service was efficient and friendly and the atmosphere homely and relaxed. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Visit Wales regularly from Scotland and always make sure I eat at The Goat - on this occasion, lunch and dinner consecutively!!
Great food, friendly service, welcome atmosphere- highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Visited recently with a table of 10 the food came out fairly quick I ordered garlic bread which was pretty ordinary as a frozen one also my partner had chicken goujons again very ordinary for the price as they had the frozen feel about them. if I could give an opinion I would say maybe change the garlic bread to a ciabatta with the garlic butter you use on the garlic chicken "main" and maybe give the goujons a southern fried coating as they were pretty boring.

Main I ordered BBQ chicken cooked perfect partner had garlic chicken this was nice to.
I only heard the rest of the group say nice things about their meal.This isn't a critical thing but think the place would benefit from these suggestions.also I'm a bit of a fussy eater and struggled to find something I like I have noticed lots of local places offering a "welsh black burger" so wouldn't mind seeing a burger on there.
Again this is not me being critical but just an opinion.thanks kindly

2  Thank Cymru-reviews
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went there twice on recent visit to Llyn peninsula. Half hour wait for food. Good food well cooked. Large portions - too large in my opinion