Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
Lance Aux Epines Cottages(Lance aux Epines)(Great Value!)
US$147
Orbitz.com
US$689
US$394
US$96
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Siesta Hotel(Grand Anse)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$87
US$183
US$155
US$111
  • Pool
US$387
Travelocity
Mount Hartman Bay Estate(Lance aux Epines)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsrhodes restaurantpool suitebeach bargarbutt familyeach morningtapashalf boardbreakfast is serveddaily specialsbash restauranteach eveningwonderful hotelsuperior suitemain restaurantwithout exceptionmoment you arriveprickly bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

From the moment I arrived and thru my departure, Calabash Hotel and its staff truly accommodated our amazing stay. I had stayed just up the road for several nights and wanted to try a different and more luxurious hotel. My mom and I stumbled upon this one . . . . and boy did we enjoy it!

I find that a PROS and CONS list works well in describing resorts so here goes . . . .

PROS: Security gate, then I was greeted by a beautiful smiling staff member.
The Grounds were immaculate.
Super FRIENDLY AND ATTRACTIVE STAFF
Very serene and secluded spa/ massage overlooking the bay. I really wish I had experienced a massage in that studio.
Staff, mgmt. went above and beyond the services they provide. If you have a question or concern, they tended to it immediately.

Food = Some of the best food I have ever eaten. Apparently, by world renown Chef Rhodes.
And speaking of food--along with your stay, breakfast each morning is including on your very own porch! Elegant table setting, fine cutlery and fresh hot meal that's made in the very unit you live in(not transported across the grounds from a main kitchen). A very nice daily touch to the vacation, I must say!
Nice sandy beach to walk along, lie out, build sand castles, etc.
Good water sports selection along with a SCUBA diving center!

CONS
Basic gym for the Avid gym rat but since WE all are creative, one should be able to come up with a good workout. ;-)
Mosquitos at night-- but you're in the tropics --just reach for the bug spray if you are a delicate flower. I chose not to and paid an itchy price.

Without reservation I would highly recommend staying here while exploring Grenada.
Thanks Calabash . . . . we loved our stay!!

Room Tip: If you have the doors open during the dusk hours, be sure to have your unit sprayed or use "bug off" etc for those pesky mosquitos. My last night I was eaten alive--that was my fault.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hello_travelaround
Adele G, Owner at Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear hello_travelaround,

We absolutely loved having you both with us and we were so impressed your sense of adventure.

Thank you for the lovely review. Your kind words are very motivating and help us to improve everything we do at Calabash. You are quite right to mention our wonderful staff who constantly go the extra mile and make us very proud.

I'm very glad you brought up the mosquitos. As you rightly mention, we do live on a tropical island and biting insects are part of the environment. However we are researching and implementing new methods of mosquito control which seem to be working. However we do still have insect repellent available, just in case!

We hope to see you again soon.

Adele

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just returned from 10 days at the Calabash. Without repeating any of the glowing previous reports (which are absolutely correct) sufficient to say it was a wonderfully splendid holiday. The holiday was made for us by ALL the staff, the family owners and the stunning food,
This was our first time and WE WILL BE BACK..
This is a stunning, relaxing holiday hotel. Ideal for us persons of a senior age.

Room Tip: They are all brilliant
3  Thank roosterbri
ZackSamuel, Manager at Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Roosterbri,

We are so pleased to hear that you found the holiday so perfect, and we can assure you that we will be doing our best to ensure that your return visit will be just as magical if not more so.

We do like to maintain a comfort level on our property that allows our guests to fully relax, and we will not be changing that formula any time soon.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our second visit, 3 weeks this time and still not long enough.
The staff are all wonderful, particular praise for Linda who cooked us such brilliant breakfasts and even found us Marmite and happily chatted about families; Sherlyn who is always lovely and Ingrid who was so kind when I was poorly. I feel mean singling these out because the others are all superb too, so sorry George, Desmond, reception and everyone else, just too many of you to mention.
it really is a home from home, little surprise that so many return year after year. Nothing is too much trouble, even got me a special mattress topper for my sensitive muscles.
We love it there and can't wait to return for more sun, sea, sand, great food and total relaxation, plenty for room on the beach for everyone, with such lovely people.

Room Tip: The one nearest the beach is great if you want to have breakfast to the sound of waves lapping gently, but please don't ask for it in January!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank halcyon_times
ZackSamuel, Manager at Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

C H,
Such a wonderful review, and I am so glad that Linda, Sherlynne, George, Desmond, Ingrid and the rest made it such a special trip. As we like to say here at Calabash, nothing is indeed too much, and we will continue with this outlook so that yourself and all the other repeaters continue to feel as comfortable and relaxed as ever.

we look forward to seeing you in the future, and next time feel free to extend your stay for as long as you need.

Regards,

Zack Samuel

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at the Calabash last week it having been recommended by friends who had stayed there many times before. It did not disappoint. We had an upstairs Junior Suite which had a view across the garden and beach area. It was a good size and well maintained. Breakfast was served on our balcony each day something we had not come across before. The meals were a delight and the staff excellent. Can't fault this hotel and would have no hesitation about returning.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a better view.
1  Thank John D

John D,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your suite, and our hotel. After being recommended I know it can be difficult to match up to expectations, but I am glad to hear that we did. If you do indeed feel like returning we will be waiting to welcome you back with the same exceptional service you experienced this time around.

Regards,

Zack samuel

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Now I have never written one of these before so please excuse my ramblings ... But the Calabash Hotel really needs to come with an excess baggage warning... Because to stay here for two weeks you will require your original wardrobe... that fitted you at the time you left home in one case... And then in the other one a new set of clothes at least a size larger....

I write this whilst about to eat the final meal of our stay ... So before I am ejected for an unfair comment against this truly amazing establishment I best clarify my claim of excess baggage...

I must point out that the food is in a different league at the Calabash's two restaurants compared to the rest of the Caribbean. The dynamic duo of of Mark and his team at the Bash Bar ... The best beach bar anywhere in the world coupled with Dexter and his team at the Rhodes Restaurant in the evening.... All delicious offerings served by the friendliest and most professional staff I have met in a long while.

Let's not forget the amazing house staff who cook, deliver and serve you your chosen breakfast to your balcony each morning at the time you dictate...

It was wishful thinking we would get away from here lightly ...

Like all the other comments I have seen... The place is just amazing ... I cannot say more ... But unless your a gym freak or Kate Moss ... Bring that second suitcase of extra size clothes... Off now to lay on the bed and try and make some trousers fit ready for dinner ... You have been warned!! :-)

Huge thank you to all the team here ... You are the best !!

Dave & Maggie xx

2  Thank Dave V

Dave V,
Thank you for your wonderful review! it was a bit scary at first, but then i was very happy to read your comments about our food, which we pride ourselves on. Our chefs put a great deal of love and attention into every meal, so it is truly rewarding to hear that you enjoyed each meal so much.

We are proud of our unique breakfast, so thank you kindly for your kind words, and i will reiterate them to all the staff who will strive to maintain the same level of professionalism and friendliness that you enjoyed while here.

again thank you for the review, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Zack Samuel