Mount Hartman Bay Estate
Lance Aux Epines Cottages(Lance aux Epines)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$525
US$509
US$248
US$186
US$96
Orbitz.com
Siesta Hotel(Grand Anse)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Pool
US$374
US$363
US$916
All reviewsprivate homeboutique hotelview suitepeace and quietevery morningsmall hotelsmall gymcab ridebbc beachrest and relaxationabsolute luxurythe entire staffbottle of champagnecoffee makerprivate poolour honeymoongrand anse beach
Reviewed 12 June 2014

As an events organiser for many years I'm going to be absolutely stuck now when looking for another venue in Grenada to hold an event because you won't find another venue, location, hotel as beautiful as Mount Hartman Bay Estate - It is truly Grenada's best kept secret. I held my first event there at the beginning of June 2014 and I couldn't fault the efforts from the staff, management and especially the new owner Nikki for their assistance to make it a complete success. They will stop at nothing to accommodate your every needs to ensure your stay or business meeting goes according to plan. Although I organised an event there, I have made up my mind that when I find the woman of my dreams, it will definitely be the place where I'll be getting married because it has ALL the elements of being the perfect place for a wedding or honeymoon. The bedrooms are extremely large and romantic, with four-poster beds, gorgeous bathrooms, along with picturesque views of the bay, a lovely gazebo, an infinity pool to die for and mouth-watering food prepared by their head chef (I hope my future wife doesn't read this, then she'll know where our marriage will take place) - Seriously though, you won't be disappointed - 100% satisfaction.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jerry B
mhbeowner, Owner at Mount Hartman Bay Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Jerry, it was an absolute pleasure to work with you on the Dress in White Ball and our whole team were thrilled to see our lovely property filled with music, laughter and people having a great time. Your effort to bring over 50 people from the UK to Grenada in a quiet month is much appreciated by me and I am sure by all of the many restaurants and hotels who directly benefitted.
We were also thrilled by the fact that the event was attended by over 100 people meaning that the occasion appealed to our fellow Grenadians. We will be working hard to earn the trust of couples to host their weddings and to make sure that we understand and then exceed their expectations. Our chefs and team at our Cave House Restaurant excelled themselves and I know that the 3 course meal was enjoyed by all. Once again Jerry thank you for the business and it was a real pleasure to work with a professional events organiser of your calibre.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

As others have said, you are almost hesitant to tell how great this small hotel really is, for fear it will be overrun.
Our third trip to Grenada and first stay here. We arrived late, 11 pm to be greeted by the General Manager who carried our bags up to the room and then graciously explained all the details of our room.
We woke to our beautiful view, had coffee on the deck as the sun rose across the bay.
In 25 years of traveling the Caribbean we have become immune to mediocre service and food.
Definitely NOT what Mount Hartman Bay is about. Everyone on the staff was extremely friendly. They found us a rental car with ease and made suggestions on where new to go that we hadn't been previously.
Without a doubt the meal at the restaurant was the best I have eaten and the best service in the Caribbean.
Quiet, very special and very romantic and great food with excellent service.
An absolute excellent stay!

1  Thank david d
mhbeowner, Owner at Mount Hartman Bay Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review and your very positive comments that I will share with the whole team. We all appreciate it very much and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have travelled extensively all over the world and stayed in some of the best hotels, we have also covered most of the Caribbean Islands including a stay at Sandy Lane, however the one island we had not covered and had been planning on doing for sometime was Granada and checking out all of the hotels (there aren't that many) this little beauty cropped up on trip advisor.
From the moment we booked (Nikki the owner replied straight away) I knew this was going to be a excellent place to stay. It has recently been bought by a well known and respected British business women who obviously fell in love with this place at some point last year and decided to buy it, since then the hotel has been subjected to much expenditure in all of the right places and I understand there is more to come, I understand they have a new boat on order and they have recently bought cars and a minibus for the hotel (all top of the range no expense spared).
This hotel is not for you if you like going along with the crowd, we were the only guests for the first few days bar an american couple who we never saw, we sat round the beautiful infinity pool most days and never saw another soul, there are a few things that really makes this hotel, the location on a headland looking out to sea one way and over the bay the other. The staff are just superb, friendly and discreet most have been there since it was a private house (and you do actually feel like your a guest of the owner rather then staying in a hotel) and the hotel itself, small intimate beautifully appointed, moorish in design, cut into the cliff it feels like it should be in a Bond movie.
special thanks must go to the kind ladies in the laundry that did our washing and ironing everyday, Dean, Timmy and Addy in the restaurant who looked after all of our needs, and a special mention to Alan who Nikki has appointed to oversee the project ( He was staying whilst we were there) not a hotelier by trade but recently retired, but in fact a born people person who would make the most fabulous manager for this hotel, kind, considerate and thoughtful nothing was too much trouble and he is worth his weight in gold!
The food in the restaurant was great, good fish, meats and puddings and sorbet interludes.
A few things that could be improved and I am sure are coming but this is the caribbean and they operate on a different time to the rest of the world, they could do with a towel station down by the pool (a couple of beautiful wicker baskets with lids maybe) as if your in and out the pool all day you really need more then one towel, someone to tidy up the chairs at the end of the day, or too leave rolled towels on the beds in the morning. The sun loungers, super cool stainless steel, super expensive ( I know we had them at our villa, but long since replaced) if your lounging on them all day you really need something a little more comfortable maybe with a cushion, there are some teak arm chairs and tables that are obviously new but they look a little clumsy for the setting, a specialist firm like Iola would provide breathtaking furniture here in all of the right places. The aircon unit in our suite, effective but very noisy, really could do with replacing/updating. Water pressure in the bathroom a bit hit and miss. None of these points are criticisms and are small things and as work is still ongoing and will no doubt be dealt with, but its a magical place in a magical setting where nothing is too much trouble, Nikki should be proud because in the not too distant future this will probably end up as one of the best hotels in the Caribbean. We hope to be back later in the year!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, the beach house breath taking, with its own pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank justin61

Thank you very much for your review and for recognising the efforts of Alan, Dean, Timmy and Aggy. As you correctly surmise I stayed at the beautiful property for the first time in October (and wrote a TA review at the time!) I fell in love with it and had bought it by the middle of December! Alan informed me about the water pressure issues you had with the jacuzzi suite and I am very sorry about it and thank you for your patience. You were very understanding and did not want to change suite. I am informed that the problem has now been rectified. Thank you very much for your suggestion about towels by the infinity pool and we are going ahead with that straight away whilst the work on the pool tower is finished and then we will have a proper 'towel station' together with a new swim up bar. Work will be complete by the end of August. We are having all new luxury pool towels made and embroidered. They are on a container to us somewhere on the ocean and then we will absolutely have plentiful additional towels available. Meanwhile I have asked our team to source some additional towels locally. Lounger cushions are on order and I understand the first batch arrived this week. Thank you for all of your comments and support, we really appreciate it and hope to see you back in October. Best wishes, Nikki.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We choose to celebrate our first anniversary at home, Grenada. We found the perfect place at Mount Hartman Bay Estate. The location is peaceful and serene. It provided a private, 'get away from it all' romantic hideaway. We enjoyed the calls of nature, the birds, heard fish jumping in the bay and got a snapshot of three iguanas relaxing on a cactus on the cliff face enjoying the cool evening breeze. The view is fabulous. An added feature was being able to enjoy the view while soaking the tub in the bathroom. The staff was warm and welcoming. The meals were delectable. We would highly recommend this boutique hotel to couples. We had a wonderful stay.

1  Thank Nicolepd
mhbeowner, Owner at Mount Hartman Bay Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

We are very happy that you had a wonderful 1st Anniversary with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us and for mentioning the wonderful wildlife that we have at our property. It is always a thrill to me to sit quietly on one of the patios and watch the hummingbirds and in the evening we have hummingbird moths which are also very beautiful. Grenada is blessed with having absolutely no poisonous creatures (other than stone fish by the reefs) so we welcome and encourage all wildlife and we are an all organic produce property. I am so pleased you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We are long time Luxury Link users and found this hotel listed on Luxury Link as part of a nice package deal and snapped it up. We are so glad we did as this hotel was simply wonderful! We were in the Reef View room the 1st night and yes it does have a wonderful big window next to the bed looking out at the harbor with an amazing view, however, as we actually spent most of our time outside on the deck we really did not appreciate the view from the bed and since the sun rises on that side we actually found that the sun beaming in the window was making the room hot (there is a metal shutter you can close to block the sun) so we moved 2 doors down to the black suite and loved the black suite. We found the black suite to be a bit more spacious than the Reef View suite and it has a wonderful outdoor shower - loved it! The bathroom itself is smaller than the one in the Reef View suite but it was not a problem especially since it had a bathtub and the outdoor shower. There is also a small kitchenette in the black room (the refrigerator and stove are in need of repair but we did not care as we were not cooking on this trip). There is very ample closet space with plenty of hangers and drawer space, nice plushy bathrobes and slippers are provided as well as very nice amenties in the bathroom - hairdryer, razor and shaving cream, toothbrush and small tube of toothpaste, full size bars of Pears soap (one of my favorites). In the main part of the room there was a beautiful king size bed with pretty mosquito netting drapped around it, 2 couches (one a sofa bed), a nice comfy easy chair, side tables, refrigerator stocked with bottled water and a chocolate bar, coffee/tea maker with tea bags, coffee pods and sugar and creamer - all we needed! There are 3 rooms on the topmost floor of the hotel - Reef View, Odeon and Black suite all share a spacious outdoor deck with plenty of chairs and tables and the most amazing views of the harbor. We spent the bulk of our time sitting out on the deck just drinking in the view and listening to the birds. We did see 2 other rooms at the hotel - the Dais suite - very nice and I would recommend this room too and the Blue Suite which has no outdoor seating area but is a spacious suite with 3 rooms off the main dining area - this suite also has the small "hobbit" windows that you see in the hotel's pictures.
When you arrive at the hotel there is the hotel office and a nice seating area right at the entrance. From the seating area you can go up a beautiful wood staircase to the dining and bar area or down another tile and wood staircase to the pool area and entrance to 2 other suites. It is surprising how spacious this small boutique hotel actually is - I never would have guessed there was this much space in a hotel built into a hillside! The dining room is lovely and the food and service are excellent (I did a separate review on the restaurant - The Cave House). The infinity pool overlooks the private beach and harbor and is wonderful place to just sit, relax and enjoy the stunning views (my only suggestion is maybe a bathroom closer to the pool so you don't have to walk up all those steps - maybe in the Tower room that is getting renovated?)
Peter, the general manager, has been with the property since it was a private house and he and a crew actually built the place. He has been on Grenada for 20 years and is a fount of Grenadian knowledge (he is originally from Wales) - if you have a problem or need help with something, Peter will solve it - he is the man! Excellent staff - thak you Peter, Glenda, Aggie, Tim and Dean and the room maids (sorry we do not know your names) who expertly cleaned our room and did our laundry everyday (free of charge). We spent 7 nights in this amazing hotel and could easily have spent another week here. Great place, excellent food, excellent service, beautiful views and Peter to chat with -what more could you want!!!
I hope the new owner (since December) keeps up the good work.
Highly recommend staying at The Mt. Hartman Bay Estate.
We did take many photos and will have to add them on soon!

Room Tip: Any room is nice - the 3 at the top have a large deck with amazing views (it does get a bit windy but when it is hot you appreciate the breeze), we saw the Dias suite and that was larger than the 3 on top and looked nice, The Blue Room is spacious and quirky with a shower that looks right out of Dr. Who but has no outside deck and if you are claustrophobic it may not be for you as it only has the small hobbit type windows.
2  Thank dannerd
mhbeowner, Owner at Mount Hartman Bay Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Mrs D, thank you very much for your helpful review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do not work with Luxury Link anymore (preferring to make our special offers available for direct bookings via our website and on Bookings.com) but we were very pleased to be able to honour the booking that you had made prior to my ownership. I am sorry that the bathroom facility in the Pool Tower was closed during your stay. The Pool Tower is being turned into a swim-up bar but everything takes a little longer in the Caribbean! Likewise we are still awaiting the consignment with the replacement fridge and cooker for The Black Suite so consequently we do not market that it has a kitchenette at the moment. Thank you for mentioning the staff by name, they really appreciate it and I know that our team very much enjoyed your Company and hope to see you again. Thank you for your support and I will indeed keep up the good work! I would love to see your photos when you have a chance to upload them. Best wishes, Nikki.