“Relax in Paradise”

Mount Hartman Bay Estate
Reviewed 11 July 2014

A unique architectural experience with spacious comfortable rooms. Originally a multimillionaire's private home, now a luxury boutique hotel. Excellent restaurant, superb food with friendly courteous and attentive service. Wonderful cool infinity pool (you'll need it!) and lovely warm sea.
Private beach and dock to ensure a relaxing secluded break

Room Tip: They are all excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nigel H
mhbeowner, Owner at Mount Hartman Bay Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Nigel, thank you for supporting us in this way and I am so pleased that it was a successful trip for you. We very much hope to see you and your family back for a longer stay. Best wishes, Nikki.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here just last week to celebrate our 3rd Wedding Anniversary and were extremely impressed. Our great impression started with immediate responses to our queries. When we arrived we were welcomed with cold wet facecloths (it's HOT here!) and ice cold rum punches. Glendalyn and Tim were the perfect attentive hosts. This is NOT your typical hotel, but rather a unique setting with a limited number of rooms that ensure privacy in idyllic settings. The resort grounds are gorgeous and the feeling of comfort is at your disposal, the body starts to relax the moment your feet hit the beach, or as you wade into the infinity pool and gaze at Mt Hartman Bay below you, or just doze in the chaises or new cedar chairs. We stayed in the Dais Suite which resonated extreme comfort in perfectly gorgeous surroundings, from the large canopied bed to a relaxing bubble-bath with a view !! Fast WiFi, true comfort, personalized service with attention to detail, I'm sure if you want it and ask for it, you'll receive it !! A must stay here !! For additional details, please visit our blog : http://www.sailblogs.com/member/banyan/?xjMsgID=323730

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SailingBanyan
mhbeowner, Owner at Mount Hartman Bay Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Alex and David, thank you very much for your wonderful review. We really appreciate it. I really enjoyed reading your BLOG and recommend it to anyone who would like to get the 'feel' for Mount Hartman Bay Estate. I think you have captured who we are brilliantly. Thank you again. I am also very impressed that you did the running track of the Hash. To anyone new to Grenada who is looking for a physical challenge the Hash operates every Saturday afternoon in Grenada and moves to a different village each week. Worth doing and it undoes some of Chef Trevor's efforts when you are staying or eating with us! We operate a shuttle service to the Hash for guests.
Nikki.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I am a nube to writing a review on Tripadvisor inspired by the hotel that I just stayed in on my business trip to Grenada. I go to Grenada twice a year and normally stay in one of the medium size hotels. I have never stayed in a bad one and although service is often slow and wifi unreliable hey its the Caribbean right? In arranging my trip to Grenada this time my secretary told me that they now offered the Mount Hartman Bay Estate as a luxury alternative to the usual hotels and that the other visitors who had tried it had loved it. The price wasn't much different so I agreed and it was one of the better decisions that I have made this year. It is an outstanding place to stay. The rooms are stunning inside and out. The bed must be 7 foot wide and yet it looks small because the room is so big. The furniture is all big and very comfortable. There was a decent size desk to work at with a table lamp, a big flat screen tv to catch the news. coffee maker, stocked fridge. The shower is huge and great water pressure. Everything you could want or need and the views are just stunning. The staff are amazing. Very friendly and welcoming but also efficient and professional. Everything was on time and service was always prompt and spot on. The wifi was reliable and fast and worked everywhere in the resort. The food was just as outstanding as everything else. The restaurant is stunning. The food and service great. For my next trip to Grenada I will definitely be staying at this resort again, bringing my wife and extending to have a holiday. I want to have some time to enjoy the pool and the beaches and the peace and quiet. The only thing wrong with my stay this time is that it was too short and I don't often say that about business trips. Since getting back from my trip I have received an email from the Owner asking me how I enjoyed my stay and my suggestions for any improvements. Really impressive hotel and management. I expect it will get difficult to get bookings as it gets known as it only has a dozen rooms and prices are bound to go up so we will go while we can afford it. They deserve to be successful.

Room Tip: I travelled with 2 colleagues and we all had great rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank thomas e
mhbeowner, Owner at Mount Hartman Bay Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear T, thank you very much for your very supportive review and your lovely email. We really appreciate your help and support and although we appreciate your comments about potentially getting busy we still have plenty of availability for the next 12 months and special offers available!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back and to meeting your wife. Kind regards, Nikki.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Amazing! This is an awesome hotel! The architecture, built into the rocks. The best 5 star boutique luxury hotel I've ever stayed. An experience you will never forget. Peaceful, tranquil haven. You forget the world outside, with the stunning bay views all around you. I plan to return for my 50th birthday next year please God. Great staff who looked after your every need, thank you Glenda, Peter, Dean, Timothy and the maids. The chefs were amazing, the food absolutely delicious! Looking forward to Breakfast and Dinner every day. The huge suites not rooms are beautifully furnished with their individual styles. I felt like a millionaire. You could wake up at 5am and meditate, the wind blowing, the birds singing, the green iguanas running around and camouflaging themselves when they saw you. Seeing a sea turtle coming into the bay one morning, the infinity pool, the beach house below, my goodness we were just spoilt for choice with the beauty and ambiance of Mount Hartman Bay Estate. You have to experience this place to understand. This is definitely a romantic haven for newly weds, couples, anniversaries, best friends. A beautiful piece of paradise in Grenada. Thank you Nikki!

Room Tip: Odeon room is the best and perfectly situated. I loved my room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jahan S
mhbeowner, Owner at Mount Hartman Bay Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Jahan, it was our pleasure to host you both and it would be an honour to welcome you back for your important birthday. Just contact us directly and we will do something special for you. I am pleased you love the Odeon suite. The long awaited container with the rugs arrived yesterday and now the suites are all finished so we will be updating the website soon and renaming some of the suites, the Odeon suite will be called the Bay View Suite. Thank you for your support, I and the whole team appreciate it and very much look forward to welcoming you back. Best wishes, Nikki.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Well we are another couple who would normally describe ourselves as jaded American travellers who are too used to disappointments when travelling. We booked a last minute trip to this hotel more in hope than expectation. As other people have said we got excellent service on booking. We had a response to our email inquiry from the Owner within a couple of hours with a no nonsense deal proposal for upgraded room and table d'hôte dinner. She sounded friendly and welcoming and 'on the ball'. We were arriving on a late Carib Airlines flight but she assured me that was no difficulty. Our flight was delayed and we did not arrive until 11pm but Peter the Manager was waiting for us and was so welcoming and friendly. In our suite we had a fantastic caesar salad all laid out for us with chilled drinks and a dessert in the fridge. A very impressive start that just went on and on. We were in the Rose Suite although I am not sure why it is called that because the furnishings are most a vibrant caribbean green (beautiful). We had a very private outdoor space and a deck that was less private with table and chairs. The bed was a huge four poster with a mosquito net around it and the doors on 2 sides of the room had been opened up. Having eaten we decided to sleep like that to listen to the sounds of the tropics. When we woke up in the morning early we were astonished by the view. The suite is set into the side of the cliff and you are overlooking a natural bay and then rolling hills of the Mount Hartman Nature reserve. Completely unspoilt. Just some yachts bobbing up and down but quite well away from the hotel itself. We sat and drank coffee in bed just watching the view. The Rose Suite is half way up the cliff. 1 flight of stairs down to the horizon pool and then another flight of stairs down to a long dock with helicopter pad and a white sand beach on either side of this. The beaches have concrete steps built out over the rocks into the bay. The water is clear and warm but you are straight into deep water. The beaches, like everything else at this hotel, are very private. Looking at Trip Advisor forums before we booked we could see that most of the luxury hotels sold day tickets to cruise ship guests or students but Mount Hartman Bay Estate does not. I personally cannot think of anything worse than paying US$500 a night for a luxury hotel to have it invaded by cruise ship guests who have paid a couple of hundred dollars to use the facilities. Someone else talked about the sun beds and the ultra-chic ones are not very comfortable after a few hours of laying on them but as we were there new sun beds were arriving and they were really comfortable. So from the beaches (that had lovely cooling breezes and palm trees and the view of the nature reserve) back up 2 flights of stairs to the Rose suite. There are seats at every level and paths for the golf buggy but we chose to walk. Then up 1 flight of stairs to the arrival level and a large very swish lounge and then up one more flight to the restaurant. Like nearly all of the rooms the restaurant opens on 2 sides to panoramic views. It is up one more level again to some very private suites on the top of the cliff. On our first morning we had not seen anyone until we got up to the restaurant and it was still only about 7am but on walking into the restaurant we were greeted by name as if old friends. We were very warmly welcomed by Dean and offered fresh fruit juice and a breakfast menu. On the first morning we ordered cooked breakfasts before we realised what came first. Unless you need your fix of eggs in the morning you don't really need to order cooked food as so much comes as part of the standard breakfast. The fruit is fresh and delicious and the service is friendly but very professional. We were there when the fleet of shiny new silver vehicles arrived with the Mount Hartman Bay Estate logos on the side. The hotel is up a steep hill so you need a car or to use the hotel shuttle to take you into town but it is only 10 minutes away. The shuttle is free of charge and calling it a shuttle is a complete disservice. Think cream leather seats air conditioned luxury and you are on the right track. St Georges town is pretty and worth visiting. There are a couple of marinas worth walking around and further afield there is rainforest. Beautiful beaches everywhere of course. We went out a few times but mostly just wanted to relax. Whenever you come back you are warmly greeted by all of the staff and asked about your time away. Cool drinks appear. The fridges in the room are kept stocked with bottled water. Our favourite spot was the horizon pool and we mostly had it to ourselves. There are many places to sit and all suites have their own decks and terraces so it is the place to go if you are happy with your own company. The service is excellent always. You can have a cooler of drinks if you want absolutely privacy or Timmy, Dean or Addy will bring you drinks wherever you are. Lunch can be served where you want it. The food is top notch. Superb. I agree with the people who have said that staying at this hotel is like being guests at a private home. It is the best of what a boutique hotel should offer and it is a much higher standard of anything we have been to before in the USA or the Caribbean. We stayed at place in Thailand years ago that had a similar level of service but nothing since. I was surprised by the personal attention of the Owner during the booking and we had a subsequent follow up email asking us if we had any comments or could offer any suggestions for improvement. My response is to change nothing. It is perfect. Congratulations. We will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are oversized at least 3 times a normal hotel bedroom size. From what we could see a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vleinitz
mhbeowner, Owner at Mount Hartman Bay Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review and I am pleased that your last minute break was so successful. I can see that you posted 2 photos of the new beach areas, thank you! We are waiting for one more container to arrive and then we will be updating all of our photographs to show the hotel after the renovation. I understand what you mean about the Rose Suite not being aptly named any more. We are planning to rename the suites shortly. I will share your review with the team and I thank you again on behalf of all of us. We very much look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this superb hotel for 7 nights for our honeymoon. We had seen the Trip Advisor reviews over the past few months and were cautiously excited but as another reviewer said we thought we were taking a risk as it is a new hotel with only 50 reviews. What a place! It is fantastic! Although we work hard we will never be millionaires and this was our chance to live like a millionaire for a week. We have never had such personal attentive service anywhere before and the facilities are amazing. Top of the range everything! The bathroom of the suite was bigger than our apartment! We had 2 private terraces and complete privacy - all over tan! 2 beautiful white sand beaches, a huge infinity pool and everywhere has the most amazing views. The place is really private and exclusive and you are made to feel like VIPs all of the time but it is not at all snooty. The staff are so friendly. I can't mention them all but special thanks to Glenda, Peter, Dean, Timmy, the Chefs and the lovely maids. We can't recommend it too highly. We know it is going to be rated as a 5 star soon. We think it is probably going to get much more expensive when it gets known so probably best to go sooner! We had bed, breakfast and dinner but all-inclusive was available. You never have to sign for anything and there were no nasty surprises on check out.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Hamyjamy
mhbeowner, Owner at Mount Hartman Bay Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so pleased that your honeymoon exceeded your expectations. It is my absolute pleasure to share this piece of paradise with interesting visitors from all around the world and in doing so to provide employment for the wonderful team at Mount Hartman. Thank you for sharing your experience and we very much hope to welcome you back and I will share your feedback with the team. Best wishes, Nikki.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have just returned from a 2 week vacation staying at the Mount Hartman Bay Estate and all I can say is wow!! A pearl of the sea. This place is huge and spacious. The rooms are suites, with no two rooms the same. Unique in design and solid sturdy furnishings. The views are breath taking. I used to wake up at 6am and just sit out on the porch with a wonderful breeze taking off the heat of the morning. All the staff are so accommodating and will do anything to please their guests. Glenda a welcoming Manageress, Peter the general grounds Manager and workaholic, there's Dean and timothy the smiling waiters and the chefs with their culinery skills are all amazing. Nikki you have a diamond there, so continue to treasure it and making it work!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the top (the Black or Odeon rooms) are the best for the early morning view and cool breeze
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Stephanie Y
mhbeowner, Owner at Mount Hartman Bay Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Steph and Jahan, thank you very much for your supportive lovely review. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is early morning here as I write this and the birds are singing and the sun is shining and it is going to be another wonderful day in paradise. Hurry back! Kind regards, Nikki.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lance aux Epines
True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
#1 of 4 in Lance aux Epines
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & Restaurant Grenada
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & R...
#1 of 1 in Saint Patrick Parish
Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina
Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & M...
#1 of 1 in Petite Calivigny
Spice Island Beach Resort
Spice Island Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Grand Anse
Radisson Grenada Beach Resort

Been to Mount Hartman Bay Estate? Share your experiences!