We had booked this family holiday for 6 of us after reading lovely review in this website. We knew that Grenada was beautiful and the people so friendly. But what we experiences blew us away.
Sterling customer service from the time of booking, to our eventual departure.
We were picked up at the airport by David, who is such a gentle soul with an engaging smile. We were welcomed by Thaneia, and what really impressed me was the way were were shown around our gorgeous two apartments Wren and Ramier which were linked so it felt like one huge open space. We were made to feel like this was our home away from home. There was also no pressure to fill in paperwork as one has to do when checking in to some hotels.
For my Mum who was recovering from knee surgery, the location of the apartments to the little gazebo was perfect as she could get there with her walker, on her own, sit and relax, looking out to the sea. She even managed to get into the water with our assistance.
The kitchen was fully equipped and we loved the fact that on arrival there was a jug of water already chilled and trays filled with ice cubes. We did most of our cooking but next time we will have some food prepared for us! Rooms are spacious, well decorated and so homely and so clean. Lots of clean towels available and especially beach towels!
Who needs a pool when this gorgeous beach is on your doorstep! We loved the fact that the beach is off the main tourist track, it really truly felt private and no hassle from beach hawkers. A portable icebox in the apartments made sure the boys took their beers down on the sand for truly relaxing time. Kayaking across the bay was lovely.
Prickly Bay Marina is on the other side of the bay and a short 7 min walk away. There is small supermarket here, where you can get bread, groceries and vegetables. The bar and restaurant here is really good where many ex-pats (british and american) hang out. The pizzas are amazing. And we even took part in the BINGO night where all the locals come to try their luck at winning the jackpot and several cheesy prizes. The atmosphere is truly energetic. Grenadians are so polite, have a great sense of humour and again so welcoming!
We have never experienced a self-catering holiday like this before. Lance aux Epines.....you have set the standard so high up there, thank you.
We will be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully equipped Cottages and Apartments directly on a peaceful tree-shaded beach. Maid and light laundry service included so you can relax! Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lance Aux Epines Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lance Aux Epines Cottages Hotel St. George`s
- Lance Aux Epines Hotel
- Lance Aux Epines Resort
- Lance Aux Epines Cottages Grenada, Caribbean