“gem of hotel again!”

Crown Wetheral Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wetheral
Reviewed 1 March 2013

had recent stay here, cant compliment this hotel enough, stayed here few months back, from check in with lovely jan, def in right job, always lovely to my little girl, who was disappointed if she wasnt on, to the spotless spacious family rooms, big shout to joan on breakfast so friendly chatting away and talking to my little girl, beppe like a steam train, keeps everything running smooth, young man mathew on sun morning, straight over asking if needed anything else, smiling charlotte and girl name began with g, noticed daughters boiled eggs hard and brought fresh ones out! food here fab, ordered room service was always lovely, bar food great, fresh kids meals, lots of locals get in the bar but friendly smiling faces not clicky at all, irish girl in there does great job, health club great young men in there cant do enough n welcoming, booked to come bk 10 may, thanks mr hicks to you and your team for another great stay!! lisa, stephen and steffi foster, newcastle upon tyne x

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Hi Lisa,Stephen and Steff, Its lovely to see you returning back to the Crown Hotel so quick after your recent visit.

Once again I am delighted that you enjoyed all apects of your stay here at the Crown Hotel, I think you experience everything we have to offer here at the hotel.

On behalf of myself and my entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in May.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Pleasant stay again, this time on older part of hotel. Room was fine but not spacious. Bar food tasty and good value. Leisure facilities are good. Enjoyed breakfast but coffee not special, will come back on next trip to Carlisle.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Jewelscrown, Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Crown Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I found this hotel was further from Carlisle than I expected, parking being on the main road. When I arrived I was greeted by a porter who was so far up himself, any further and he would have been invisible! The check in was swift and cheerless. The room was poor and on a bit of a slope, a glass tumbler rolls right across the room, as if on a ship. The room was absolutely freezing and took about three hours to warm up, a gale force blowing through the gap in the window. The room was clean and tidy. The bar meal was excellent in taste and value and a welcome relief together with smiling staff which made the night. The gap in the door to the room and constant noise from every other room was a constant irritation throughout the night, to the point where I had to put the television on to blank out the noise. The shower took ages to warm up. The breakfast was excellent though the service was a little too quick! The waitress was like a hawk, as soon as I put something on the table it was assumed to be finished and whisked away. Probably something to do with wanting to get home due to the snow! I did not use the fitness centre or pool as I was too tired. There is nothing else anywhere near this hotel, but based on the price and compared with the many rubbish hotels in Carlisle I would probably go back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments. Firstly I would like to apologise that you have not enjoyed stay here with us at the hotel.

I would like to ask that you contact me personally on my email where I will only be to happy to discuss this matter with you.
My email address is paul@crownhotelwetheral.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Great atmosphere in a lovely village. Follow sign to railway station. Great welcome from all the staff, mainly local. Absolutely perfect service and perfect food in the restaurant. Restaurant well staffed at breakfast- so delays in a quick getaway.
Only negative comment was the £26 meal in the restaurant- wasn't really this price unless you missed out on potatoes and vegetables, both of which were extra.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Crown Hotel.

I am surprised to read that vegetables and potatoes were extra on your £26.00 menu, as this menu is a incluvise three course at £26.00. I have spoken to my team to investigate what happened and as yet they have been unable to throw any light on this matter. So my apologies that this occured and i hope this will not deter you from using the Crown Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

I found this Hotel on Trip Advisor and I agree with all the other very positive reviews about the Hotel and Staff. It is great value for money, the staff are very friendly and in general it was a great find. All that being said my Bed Mattress was dreadful and worn out. It was the type of mattress that when you sit on it you go straight through to the box spring and when you lie down the springs poke you in the ribs. Why refurbish a room to executive standards and then leave the old bed in place – It doesn’t make sense if the guest isn’t comfortable and can’t sleep properly because of it. When checking out I was asked if I had enjoyed my stay- I said Yes but….. The receptionist took my criticism on board and acknowledged that it was an old bed that was due to be upgraded soon. If I ever go back to this area I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again, I’d just make sure to book a room with new furniture for it was for this reason that I couldn’t rate my experience higher.

Room Tip: Check to make sure you get a fully refurbished room with new furniture - see my review about the bed
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments, I can assure you that following your comments on departure I immediately checked the room and ordered a new mattress. I can only apologise for any discomfort that you may have experience and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

stayed one night on the way to Scotland, the room was clean, bed was comfortable and the bathroom was good. Had a meal in the bar and it was excellent, good value for money and the staff were great, the wines were good value for money as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments, i am delighted that you ejoyed your recent stay here with us at the Crown Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was one of the hotels used on a Steam Railways trip. It is a comfortable, friendly hotel, and the food is good. It is walking distance from the railway station. It has two bars, the public bar serves good beer and has a great atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your lovely comments regaring your recent stay here at the Crown Hotel. The railway station being so close and being refurbished a few years ago is a real gem!

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Crown Hotel,

Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetheral
Crown & Mitre Hotel
#10 of 20 in Carlisle
Dalston Hall Hotel
Dalston Hall Hotel
#14 of 20 in Carlisle

Been to Crown Wetheral Hotel? Share your experiences!