“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wetheral
Lichfield England
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed recently , I had a suite which was a nice room. Shower is electric but not power showier . There is a nice coffee machine in the room. One of my pet hates is dispensers in the bathroom for shower gel and soap, why can't we have the normal little bars of soap. Bar was lively with some nice beers. Breakfast was served and was good quality. One night we ate in the restaurant, had a very nice steak, with a nice black pudding starter, all good.
Location wise it's out on a limb, taxi ride into Carlisle £15 or so.

• Stayed April 2013
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the hotel, especially your dinner.

On behalf of my myself and my team, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Hotel in the near future.

Paul Hicks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Had a great meal last night for our 25th wedding anniversary. Friendly attentive staff and comfortable surroundings. We were never hurried at any time. Cannot fault any aspect of the evening. I live locally so will tell others of my experience. Will definitely return!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Conservatory Restaurant. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal with us at the Hotel.

As you live local we look forward to seeing you back in the hotel in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This is my second visit here and I feel really disappointed this time as I liked it last time but things have got worse in a short space of time.
The Internet has improved a bit, you can actually connect now, not for very long, about a minute or two, I got told its an area problem. Get it sorted or lose customers, simple really .
My 1st room this time was right above the kitchen, very noisy so they moved me, the duty manage said yea we get a lot of complaints about noise in this room, I'm not surprised.
Room no.2 was a disabled room, sorry I am able bodied. But disappointingly the room is in real need of refurbishment very tired.
The food in the bar was fine, service ok as was the breakfast

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jimbo367
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Firstly I would like to apologise for any shortfalls in the standards that you experienced. I was disappointed to read that sadly this review did not match the standards that you received on your last visit in December, where upon your review stated that this hotel is real quality.

I do apologise that you experienced noise from above the kitchen in the first room you were allocated. We agreed to move you to our last available double room that we had on this evening. This was our disabled friendly room. I am lead to believe that my receptionist had informed you and organised you to view the room before you moved.

I am sorry that you have experienced problems with our internet. Just recently we have had our system upgraded to eliminate any further problems. Please be ensured I take all complaints seriously and I will have our IT department look into this again.

To ensure your faith in the Crown Hotel, on your next visit please contact my reservations department, where we will ensure that your next visit will meet your expectations of your previous visit.

Glasgow
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed as a couple for 3 nights on a B&B basis in early April. Last stayed over 20 years ago and was pleased to see that the Crown and Wetheral had lost nothing of their charm. Lovely walks are to be had along the River Eden and Carlisle is only a few miles away. While in this area we visited the Vindolanda Roman site, Hadrian's Wall and the Metro Centre.
Our room was fresh, modern and clean. Breakfast was plentiful and of good quality. We had dinner in the Warwick Bar each night and again the food was very good. All staff were pleasant and helpful.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Malgy
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you thought the hotel had not lost its charm since your last visit 20 years ago. The old charm is something we dont ever want to loose. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

On behalf of myself and my entire team, it was a delight to see you return back to the hotel and I hope your next visit is not another 20 years away.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

My partner booked the the bridel suite as a suprise for me as he had just proposed that day we had a fantasic night , we asked for a late check out and got it for free which we thought was very kind , we had a nice meal in the bar and the spa bath was lovely , but got woke up very early in the morning by the noise in the corridor , also there was no hot water as there was a problem it , we were offered another room to use the bath , but we were both really disappointed as we were really looking forward to a long soak in the spa bath ( one of the main reasons he booked this hotel ) other than that every thing was nice

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review. Firstly congratulations on your engagement, we were thrilled that the Crown hotel was part of your engagement proposal.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your meal. I am sorry to read that you were woken early by passing guests and also I do apologize that we did have a problem with our hot water during your stay. Please be assured that we have had this looked into and rectified. I hope this will not stop you returning to the hotel. If you would like to return in the future please contact me personally where I will be happy to offer you a favorable rate on your next visit.

Once again congratulations on your engagement and we hope to see you back at the Hotel in the near future.

Brampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013

we got married here years ago,and often dine in the restarant here,as its local and very good. my husband was 60 and wanted to do something special,so we decieded to stay overnight on the bed breakfast and eveing meal special/which is value for money.After a lovely afternoon in the lesuire center,swimming,a walk around wetheral which is very pretty(a little cafe,shop pub ,restarant , hairdresses,train station,church and green + some beautiful artitechure)there is a beautiful walk along the river where you can find caves,we built up an appitite for our evening meal, which was wonderful,cooked well,served with a smile and in lovely surroundings(.a large conservertorty)our room had a little balconly overlooking the garden",excutive"every thing you need is catered for,- slippers,dressing gown,a little gift bag with toilerties,iron and ironing board,kettle etc,coffee machine, hair dryer and straightners.large flat screen t.v and trouser press,chocolate,and water bottles,they had even left an easter egg in the room,which was a nice touch. the room was comfortable,warm, quiet.Breakfast was cooked to order,from full english to smoked salmon,smoked haddock and eggs.hotrcoss buns! and alittle choclotate egg under the cups.the easter bunnie was in the gardens hiding lots of chocolate,sweets and eggs for the children.(easter sunday) a bright cold march day,fantastic day for a tresure hunt! after a swimm,jacuzzi and a lesirely read of the sunday papers it was time to say goodbye.staff polite,service with a smile,food great,clean,comfortable,homely,deffiently be back again. all the little extras mean so much.

Room Tip: suites are beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Crown Hotel and that you have noticed some of the extra products we have placed into our bedrooms. I hope you enjoyed your easter egg in the room and the easter eggs at breakfast.

It was a pleasure to look after you and your guests and I hope the birthday celebration was everything you had hoped for.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Crown Hotel in the near future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This was a nostalgic trip for my wife and I. The last time we stayed here was after our wedding in carlisle in 1978. A lot had changed but it had retained much of its charm and continues to be an excellent hotel that we would stay at again at again but we will not leave it 35 years next time. The hotel is in the quiet locat of Wetheral just outside carlisle on the A69. There are some wonderful local walks visitors should try in particular by the river Eden to the old priests cave and over the wonderful viaduct to the village of corby.
Our room was very good in the old part of the building. The only minor moan was the hot water system,after one bath it takes quite a whils to heat up for another one.
We had a package of £49 per person DBB in the pub part of the Hotel followed by a £59 pp DBB in the main Hotel resteraunt. The first was very good value and you can mingle with locals and residents there if you so wish. Themain resteraunt was very good as wasthe food. A bitof a complaint/observation here though is despite being on the package you are required to pay a surplus if you want steak [ £5] and £3 if you want cheese and biscuits as your sweet. The was not the case in the main bar on the cheaper package. Residents can also used the fascilities in the fitness centre including a very nice pool which was not there in 1978!. We used the pool and it was very good. Our package wastitled March Madness and prices are higher inthe summer. As to value for money i would say the March madness was a decent deal accepting my criticism of the suppliments which should be done away with IMO. I think higher charges later in the season would probably be less good value. A great time and we will stay again subject to the above comments. All staff were very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Take advantage of deals out of season if possible. The hotel has itsown websire detailing these
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our March madness offer. I have spoken to my head chef regarding supplements and this has been reviewed. Thank you for also mentioning the hot water system, I will have my maintenance department look into this and we will get this rectified .

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Crown Hotel in the near future.

Paul Hicks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetheral
Crown & Mitre Hotel
#17 of 20 in Carlisle
Dalston Hall Hotel
Dalston Hall Hotel
#14 of 20 in Carlisle

Been to Crown Wetheral Hotel? Share your experiences!