“Amazing value”

Crown Wetheral Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wetheral
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Amazing spa package.full day using the facilities,an hour of treatments,lunch,3 course evening meal,overnight stay and breakfast for £99 amazing value not available anywhere else. Lovely hotel and staff. Stay a few times a year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Good Afternoon.

Its always a pleasure to welcome repeat guests back to the hotel. I am happy to read that you and your guests enjoyed your recent spa break which included dinner bed and breakfast, lunch, leisure facilities and treatments.

I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

General manager

There are newer reviews for Crown Wetheral Hotel

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I will be as brief as possible.

Fourth stay this year, as still takes some beating, not just around Carlisle, but in the UK.

Excellent staff. Great food. Comfortable rooms. Good gym. Terrific value for money.

On checking out, I was even given some information on the roads (M6 was shut Northbound) to ensure I didn't get snarled in traffic.

It's a home away from home here and I will happily use this staging point as many times as I can. Plans are afoot to even use it for pleasure. And that is a recommendation!!

Please keep the excellent work up.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Good Afternoon Mr Rowley

Thank you for your rewarding review. I have passed your comments onto my entire team. It was a pleasure to welcome you back for your fourth visit this year. I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty over the past years and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again this year or early next year.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Crown Hotel from the 24th to the 27th October 2013.
Excellent food and facilities. The Spa is wonderful and the gym services very good. The staff were kind and helpful and friendly, everything we needed they provided, nothing was too much trouble. Many years ago our daughter had her wedding reception at this hotel and we thought we would come and visit again whilst we were up in Cumbria seeing the family. Our room was a little small but was clean and comfortable with views overlooking the grounds. I know there are much larger rooms in the hotel and next time we will enquire about staying in a more larger room. Our only complaint is that there is no lift in this hotel and our room was on the second floor. The breakfast was wonderful and reception staff very professional. The hotel does need to update its DVD library though, and perhaps consider adding SKY to the tv. Well done to everyone at the Crown we will come and stay again. Mr & Mrs Barrett Lincolnshire.

Room Tip: Ask about the room and what floor it is on and enquire as it a view rather than looking out onto the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review I am happy to read that you enjoyed your recent three night break with us where you especially enjoyed the food and our leisure facilities.
Sadly we don't have a lift in the hotel but we do have three bedrooms on the ground floor if any of our guest require these. Thank you for mentioning the DVD collection I will have my Front office team look into this.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We booked in for one night on spec and were delighted to find a hotel with charm and character and one that was pet friendly too. We were made very welcome as was our dog who found a welcome drink and biscuits waiting for her in our room. The place was spotless and breakfasts very good. We ate in the bar for supper where dogs were permitted which was a boon for us. We had such a nice time we stayed an extra night and wished we could have stayed longer. Wetheral is a lovely small village only a 4 mile or so drive from Carlisle. We can highly recommend the Hotel. Special thanks to Lawrence who looked after us so well and our dog in the bar at supper time. We will definitely return. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: You can ask for a table to be reserved in the bar for supper.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your rewarding review. I am happy to read that you and your dog enjoyed your recent stay with us last week. Its great to see that you have also booked to come and stay with us over the Christmas period also.
I have passed all your highly praised comments onto my team and especially Laurence who you gave a special mention to.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the next weeks

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a stop off on the way to Scotland. We arrived late, our room was just lovely. We ordered room service and the standard of the food was amazing! The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom of a high spec. Would really like to come back here for a longer stay. The staff were a delight, particularly those on reception and on room service, friendly and ensured our stay was perfect. What a lovely place!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us on your way up to Scotland. I have passed your comments onto my entire team, and we look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The Crown is larger than I expected as it is tucked a way at the back of a rather beautiful and quiet village. There is a leisure centre attached and it is popular with coach trips and so it is always busy. Despite this the welcome is extremely warm and friendly. The room provided was fine; quite spacious , with a balcony, well equipped and plenty of little extras which add to your feeling of being well looked after. The evening meal was very good in the restaurant, a varied menu with some local ingredients and the chef is obviously good. The breakfast was the same , and very filling! Everything was fine until we went to bed. Suddenly there was a load droning machinery noise from the boilers or central heating system which appeared to be vented right through our room. I asked for it to be stopped but they could not however they immediately moved us to a new and much quieter room where we slept soundly, until between 6 and 7 a.m. when the first freight train rumbled past our window. Despite all this we still enjoyed our stay and would recommend it. It's location is ideal for Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the railway line , the boiler house and the air vents.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review .Firstly I would like to apologise for the noise disturbance that you suffered when staying in one of our executive bedrooms. I have had my maintenance department look into this noise. I am happy that we were able to move you to another bedroom, but again I see that the freight train woke you between the hours of 6.00-7.00am. Sadly this railway noise is out of our control and I do apologise that you have had a disturbed night sleep.

I see that you did enjoy all the other services and facilities that we offer. If you would like to return to the Crown Hotel, please contact myself personally where I would be happy to offer you a favourable rate on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Crown Hotel.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

What a find this place was. From the second we arrived to the very sad moment we had to leave we were overwhelmed by the personal and professional service received from all staff. Our room was ready upon our slightly early arrival and we had somehow bagged a beautiful 4 poster room which was very clean and well presented with the most comfy bed and bedding. Whilst unpacking we were greeted by 2 members of staff bringing me a slate platter with 'Happy Birthday' wrote on in white chocolate and a macaroon each – how lovely. After having a most relaxing massage each and making the most of the leisure facilities we then went to indulge on a delicious afternoon tea. Whilst pre-booking this I had forewarned them that my other half is a (fussy) vegetarian and also didn't like fruit scones. They had changed his sandwich selection to suit, especially made a cheese and tomato tartlet in place of the sausage roll and also made a beautiful plain scone which to be quite honest I was gutted about as far bigger than my fruit scone haha. Oh and I was greeted again by another slate platter with 'Happy Birthday' wrote on and another macaroon each! We didn't have an evening meal here as obviously had already over indulged but we did enjoy a few drinks in the ever so cosy bar which is also reasonably priced. After an exceptionally good nights sleep we enjoyed a beautiful breakfast from the wide choice of hot food available on the menu whilst over looking the gardens. All in all a most excellent and unforgettable stay. The hubby and I both agree that it's got to be the best hotel we've stayed in and will certainly be going out of our way to visit again very soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank claires79
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your highly praised review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations here with us over the past weekend, and that you enjoyed the facilities and services that we offer. Its a pleasure to read where you have stated that we are the best hotel that you have ever stayed in. I have passed these comments onto my team.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again in the near future.

Paul Hicks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetheral
Crown & Mitre Hotel
#16 of 20 in Carlisle
Dalston Hall Hotel
Dalston Hall Hotel
#15 of 20 in Carlisle

Been to Crown Wetheral Hotel? Share your experiences!