“Good value, quaint location”

Crown Wetheral Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wetheral
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here for one night to get a spa treatment and a nice evening meal for the bank holiday weekend.

The spa treatment was really good value for money and I couldn't fault it. Very relaxing and good facilities. The swimming pool was in a nice place, very light with tables and chairs for family to sit and relax by the pool without having to go in the pool themselves. The steam room and sauna were good too.

The room was not big but it was comfortable and the decor was really tasteful. The bathroom was really clean and light. The doors do bang and the walls are quite thin so I didn't get much sleep - try to avoid 206!

The food was amazing and the service from the waiting staff was exceptional - tip - get your drinks from the bar yourselves as getting them from the wait staff costs extra with a longer wait!

The breakfast was lovely too and we would like to mention Sue Murray who had a lovely manner and nothing was too much for her. Good to see someone enjoying her job and taking a real pride in looking after her customers.

The grounds of the hotel are lovely and if you are looking to get married it is a really pretty location.

Overall really pleased with our stay and the price meant it was really good value for money.

Room Tip: Avoid 206 - its next to a very noisy fire door
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsjtaz
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Good Morning

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your recent spa break with us over the weekend. I have passed all your highly praised comments onto my team and especially Sue who you gave the special mention too.

On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Crown Wetheral Hotel

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel was pretty hectic during our stay due to a wedding party. In the older section of the building, sound insulation is poor with partying and plumbing system noises all too evident. One of our friends had to complain about the noise at 3.00am!

The staff are welcoming and seemed eager to please. The standard of food is acceptable without being outstanding.

It's a pleasant place to stay provided it's not too busy.

Room Tip: Chose one that's not above the bar.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Good Morning.

Thank you for your review, firstly I would like to apologise that the noise from the wedding and plumbing disturbed your stay with us. I am happy to read that you thought all the staff were welcoming.

If you would like to return back to the Crown hotel please contact myself directly where I will be happy to offer you a favourable rate on a return visit.

Once again I do apologise for any inconvenience caused and I hope in the future I will be able to welcome you back to the Crown Hotel.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The hotel is situated only a few miles off the M6 in a pleasant, quiet, little village. We had booked a dinner, B&B package. The dinner was excellent and the service very professional. Our (executive) room was a good size and overlooked the attractive gardens. The hotel is close to a railway station but trains are few and far between and unobtrusive. We stayed the night to break a journey from the south of England to the north of Scotland and this was an ideal place to rest between the two halves of the journey. The buffet breakfast in the morning was a good start to the next day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Morning

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us at the hotel. On behalf of myself and my team I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Attended a friends wedding and I cannot fault the hotel or the service from the staff, I noticed a lot of things as I work in a hotel myself but the hotel In question I couldn't find a fault , well presented gardens lovely, areas throughout hotel clean and well managed, staff all friendly polite and helpful :-)

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Angela M
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, where upon you have stated that you could not find fault with the hotel. Thank you for this, I have passed your comments onto my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed this weekend for a Spa break. Fantastic value for money but with absolutely no cut backs in service, quality or cleanliness. A lovely little country hotel with the warmth, charm and hospitality to match. The staff were amazing from reception, the spa, the restaurant and the bar.
Would highly recommend. We have already booked to go back and will probably slot another visit in over the next few months too.
We went for the silver spa package.... wonderful and the food included was first class.
Go on give it a go.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent spa break with us at The Crown Hotel. Its a pleasure to read that you have already booked your next spa break with us.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back personally in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

A comfortable country village hotel, near Carlisle and Hadrians Wall
A mix of old and new buildings, nice rooms in the newer block have a balcony.
Pleasant small garden, separate block of leisure facilities.
Good food, proper public bar with draught beer and food. Useful stop from M6.
Service could not be faulted.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I have passed your comments onto my team.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just back from an overnight spa break at the hotel. We all had a great time enjoying fab treatments, amazing food, great accommodation but the best thing was the helpfulness of each member of staff. They were so welcoming, polite and such credit to the hotel. The spa packages are excellent value for money I haven't seen any deals like that elsewhere. It was so good were booked to go back later in the year!!

• Stayed: April 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your rewarding review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent spa break with us at the hotel, where upon you have enjoyed all the facilities and services that we offer. I have passed all your comments onto my team.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next spa break .

Paul Hicks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetheral
Crown & Mitre Hotel
#16 of 20 in Carlisle
Dalston Hall Hotel
Dalston Hall Hotel
#15 of 20 in Carlisle

Been to Crown Wetheral Hotel? Share your experiences!