“Stunning Wedding Weekend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wetheral
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Stunning Wedding Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My son and fiancé booked The Crown for their wedding and all the family went for the weekend, and we were well looked after, the rooms were extremely pleasant and with a pool with spa we were pampered as well.
The wedding went to plan, the food and service was excellent, the following reception also went to plan with a band and BBQ in the evening.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PhilH972
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your highly praised review. I am delighted to read that your son and daughter in law enjoyed celebrating their special wedding day with us. On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel as a wedding venue, and I would like to wish them both happiness for the future ahead.

Paul Hicks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Fantastic , the food and service was excellent ! The crown is a real gem hidden away in the North Cumbria countryside. Quality of the food was excellent ,with superb service from all the staff . Will visit again soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your retirement treat with us at the Crown Hotel. I have passed your rewarding comments onto my team.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regard's
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good things

1. Ideally positioned for stopovers travelling from the south to Scotland (or indeed the other way round)
2. Beautiful location in a very pretty village
3. It's dog-friendly -- a dog bed, bowl and treats were all provided in the room
4. Friendly and helpful staff in both the hotel and pub
5. Room was spotlessly clean
6. Great breakfast
7. Selection of real ales in the bar

Not-so-good things

1. Very, very tight squeeze in the rather pokey carpark, jammed with people using the spa, pool and leisure facilities
2. Dinner was OK without being brilliant
3. Room was rather boringly decorated

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank furtho
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your recent overnight stay with us, where upon you have enjoyed the facilities and services that we offer.

On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We booked nine rooms at the Crown Hotel for a Saturday night and the staff could not have been more helpful, despite having a wedding that weekend as well. Our rooms were all at the other end of the hotel to limit any disturbance, a private room was arranged for dinner, unexpectedly, dedicated parking was cordoned off for our cars and we had comfortable rooms and very good food. I had the gym to myself and the gardens were well maintained and attractively laid out. Definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your highly praised review, I have passed your comments onto my staff. On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you and your guests for choosing the Crown Hotel as your desired destination. It was our pleasure to look after you all and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stumbled on this hotel because it was dog friendly and what a find!
The bar meals were extremely good value and second to none. We had the roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and fresh vegetables and the pulled pork burger with homemade chips. Both dishes were absolutely fabulous.
The pool and leisure facilities were clean and well proportioned with friendly staff.
The dog was catered for too and allowed in the public areas which is a pleasant change. The gardens were very well kept and the setting beautiful.
We shall return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read that you , your family and your dog enjoyed your recent stay with us. I have passed your rewarding comments onto my team.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had quick one night stay over at this fantastic hotel lovely village to walk through and a great leisure center for a splash in the pool, all for £100 in a four poster bed. Will be going back and as it is only 200 yds to a very quait railway station it hopefully will be by train from Newcastle. The station has a great viaduct with a foot bridge attached which gave us a fantastic view to the east and over the River Eden.Well worth a visi as is the other local in the village

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed our Hotel and the services and facilities that we offer.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I spent a wonderful night at the Crown Hotel Wetheral. The hotel has recently been awarded a fourth star and is thoroughly deserving of this accolade. The hotel buildings are divided between a new wing which holds a health spa, conference rooms and bedrooms and the original building which holds the bar, bedrooms and Conservatory restaurant. The setting is charming and the local area is stunning - especially walking along the river Eden. The hotel accommodation varies between the different bedrooms but all are comfortable and well maintained. the food in the restaurant is pretty good and the wine list reasonably comprehensive. Breakfasts are all cooked individually and evening dinners offer a good variety of dishes. On top of all this are the most attentive and friendly staff imaginable. All in all, the Crown is a wonderful jewel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your highly praised review. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your recent overnight stay with us. I have passed your rewarding comments onto my entire team.

Paul Hicks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetheral
Crown & Mitre Hotel
#5 of 20 in Carlisle
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,329 reviews
Premier Inn Carlisle (M6 Jct42) Hotel
Premier Inn Carlisle Central Hotel

Been to Crown Wetheral Hotel? Share your experiences!