“Fab Location, excellent facilities & great service”

Crown Wetheral Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wetheral
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fab Location, excellent facilities & great service”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here over the May Bank Holiday Weekend. It is a great place to visit Cumbrian tourist attractions and The Lakes.
We had a standard room as the place was fully booked all weekend for weddings. The rooms were lovely so the deluxe etc will be worth experiencing.
Waltons Bar is absolutely great - service, food and general relaxed atmosphere
Breakfast could not be faulted either - self service for cereal, fruit, croissants etc and then cooked to order for the main event. Plenty of choice and the eggy bread was amazing - took me back to my childhood.
The hotel team advised us that there would be noise due to the weddings but it wasn't invasive despite our room being right over the garden/bbq area where they all were.
This place is one to visit without a doubt.

Room Tip: I would book early and try to get into one of the deluxe rooms or cottages but having said that if s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent Bank Holiday break with us. I have passed your highly praised comments onto my team.

Paul Hicks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We booked a table in Walton's bar at the Crown as we needed a lunch stop en route to our holiday destination. Have already been thinking of reasons to revisit and stay overnight. Every single member of staff were friendly and helpful and we couldn't have felt more at home in the cosy bar. There was an extensive range of food on offer from sandwiches and baked potatoes to more substantial meals and of course a children's menu. I plumped for the pulled pork in a toasted brioche bun with Cajun coleslaw and it was absolutely divine; the husband had black pudding meatloaf with homemade crumpet, sausage and a poached duck egg. The kids all had breaded mozzarella sticks with ketchup and then chicken boulders, pasta bolognese and a pizza, which was all polished off with gusto. For desserts I had amaretto creme brûlée with shortbread, the husband had rhubarb Eton mess and the kids shared a banana split. All three were absolutely gorgeous. An absolute gem of a place and I guess it shows how good a place is when it is full on a Monday lunchtime.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your response. I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent lunch with us in Walton's bar. I have passed your comments onto my food and beverage department.

I would like to thank you for choosing Walton's bar for your chosen lunch destination and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regard's
Bridlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My son and fiancé booked The Crown for their wedding and all the family went for the weekend, and we were well looked after, the rooms were extremely pleasant and with a pool with spa we were pampered as well.
The wedding went to plan, the food and service was excellent, the following reception also went to plan with a band and BBQ in the evening.

1 Thank PhilH972
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your highly praised review. I am delighted to read that your son and daughter in law enjoyed celebrating their special wedding day with us. On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel as a wedding venue, and I would like to wish them both happiness for the future ahead.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Fantastic , the food and service was excellent ! The crown is a real gem hidden away in the North Cumbria countryside. Quality of the food was excellent ,with superb service from all the staff . Will visit again soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your retirement treat with us at the Crown Hotel. I have passed your rewarding comments onto my team.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regard's
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good things

1. Ideally positioned for stopovers travelling from the south to Scotland (or indeed the other way round)
2. Beautiful location in a very pretty village
3. It's dog-friendly -- a dog bed, bowl and treats were all provided in the room
4. Friendly and helpful staff in both the hotel and pub
5. Room was spotlessly clean
6. Great breakfast
7. Selection of real ales in the bar

Not-so-good things

1. Very, very tight squeeze in the rather pokey carpark, jammed with people using the spa, pool and leisure facilities
2. Dinner was OK without being brilliant
3. Room was rather boringly decorated

2 Thank furtho
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your recent overnight stay with us, where upon you have enjoyed the facilities and services that we offer.

On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We booked nine rooms at the Crown Hotel for a Saturday night and the staff could not have been more helpful, despite having a wedding that weekend as well. Our rooms were all at the other end of the hotel to limit any disturbance, a private room was arranged for dinner, unexpectedly, dedicated parking was cordoned off for our cars and we had comfortable rooms and very good food. I had the gym to myself and the gardens were well maintained and attractively laid out. Definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your highly praised review, I have passed your comments onto my staff. On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you and your guests for choosing the Crown Hotel as your desired destination. It was our pleasure to look after you all and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stumbled on this hotel because it was dog friendly and what a find!
The bar meals were extremely good value and second to none. We had the roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and fresh vegetables and the pulled pork burger with homemade chips. Both dishes were absolutely fabulous.
The pool and leisure facilities were clean and well proportioned with friendly staff.
The dog was catered for too and allowed in the public areas which is a pleasant change. The gardens were very well kept and the setting beautiful.
We shall return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read that you , your family and your dog enjoyed your recent stay with us. I have passed your rewarding comments onto my team.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Paul Hicks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetheral
Crown & Mitre Hotel
Dalston Hall Hotel
Dalston Hall Hotel
#15 of 20 in Carlisle
Travelodge Carlisle Central

Been to Crown Wetheral Hotel? Share your experiences!