“Realy Enjoyed!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wetheral
England
“Realy Enjoyed!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Excellent value at this hotel with a fairly newly renovated room and a nice dining/breakfast area. The food for dinner was really good as was the breakfast menu. Way more than we needed but we did enjoy!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janice51
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review. I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us, where upon you have enjoyed the services and facilities that we offer here at the Crown Hotel.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel as your desired accommodation and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Paul Hicks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

took up the silver spa package deal with a friend and it was a lovely experience. The treatments were great with reserved table by the pool, gowns and slippers. we used the pool (Jacuzzi wasn't working) and enjoyed sitting outside - although the seating area outside the pool was small and a little tatty. Lovely lunch in the pub and finally to our room which was a suite room. Very spacious with all the extras you would expect . I was a little worried as it overlooked the railway line but there were barely any trains. The room as very warm and couldn't find any A/C. Evening meal was nice too although the maître d is a bit stiff and formal, more suited for fine dining in London than Weatheral! The Maitre D at breakfast was wonderful and welcoming and arranged a veggie breakfast for me with no fuss at all. Great hotel, thank you xx

Room Tip: Ask for one of the suites as the rooms are larger
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent silver spa break. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all included features of our spa break. I have passed all your rewarding comments onto my team.

Sadly we don't have air conditioning in our rooms but we do offer fans if any of our guests rooms are to warm.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel for your spa break, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Prestatyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed the one night for a business trip, nice country hotel in a lovely quite village and I got a great price on late rooms, staff were really good and friendly, my room (103) was small but adequate for a single, did need updating though, and extractor fans outside the window were a little noisy.

Had dinner in the bar, which had a good atmosphere and was quite busy, When I ordered I was told it would be 20 minutes wait, which was ok with me, however it did turn in to being 40 minutes plus, and when the food arrived it was only just warm, and not particularly great. Breakfast next day was good, and overall an enjoyable stay, so I would not let my experience with the food put me off, I'd try it again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, Firstly I would like to apologise for the length of time that you waited for your evening meal in our Bar, we do try to give an accurate waiting time during busy periods of service and I do apologise if this was incorrectly given.

My rooms manager has written to you personally. I do hope that that this letter will be able to restore your faith in the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have just returned from a weekend break at the Crown Hotel. This hotel has to have the best staff I have met in a hotel. Lynn on reception was particularly nice and even arranged a plate with chocolates with a happy birthday greeting for one of our friend to be put in his room. When I took his birthday cake down to breakfast the staff provided a sparkler to put on top, brought it to the table and sang happy birthday. A really nice touch. Beppe was very efficient at breakfast and looked after us very well, always with a smile and joke. Breakfast was a mix of buffet and to order and there was something there for everyone.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. The only downside was the tv reception wasn't great but as we were not there to watch tv this was a minor niggle. The pool is an added bonus, with a jacuzzi, both of which we had to ourselves.
We were amazed that although there was a wedding and several birthday celebrations on the same night, there was no noise or inconvenience for the other guests.
The hotel also has a very nice garden and a bar which serves food as well as a formal restaurant. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank holidaysnandsea
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I have passed your comments onto Lyn and Beppe and my team.

I would like to apologise that TV reception did not have a good signal, I have had my maintenance team look into this and once again I do apologise.

I would like to thank you for choosing The Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regard's
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here over the May Bank Holiday Weekend. It is a great place to visit Cumbrian tourist attractions and The Lakes.
We had a standard room as the place was fully booked all weekend for weddings. The rooms were lovely so the deluxe etc will be worth experiencing.
Waltons Bar is absolutely great - service, food and general relaxed atmosphere
Breakfast could not be faulted either - self service for cereal, fruit, croissants etc and then cooked to order for the main event. Plenty of choice and the eggy bread was amazing - took me back to my childhood.
The hotel team advised us that there would be noise due to the weddings but it wasn't invasive despite our room being right over the garden/bbq area where they all were.
This place is one to visit without a doubt.

Room Tip: I would book early and try to get into one of the deluxe rooms or cottages but having said that if s...
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent Bank Holiday break with us. I have passed your highly praised comments onto my team.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We booked a table in Walton's bar at the Crown as we needed a lunch stop en route to our holiday destination. Have already been thinking of reasons to revisit and stay overnight. Every single member of staff were friendly and helpful and we couldn't have felt more at home in the cosy bar. There was an extensive range of food on offer from sandwiches and baked potatoes to more substantial meals and of course a children's menu. I plumped for the pulled pork in a toasted brioche bun with Cajun coleslaw and it was absolutely divine; the husband had black pudding meatloaf with homemade crumpet, sausage and a poached duck egg. The kids all had breaded mozzarella sticks with ketchup and then chicken boulders, pasta bolognese and a pizza, which was all polished off with gusto. For desserts I had amaretto creme brûlée with shortbread, the husband had rhubarb Eton mess and the kids shared a banana split. All three were absolutely gorgeous. An absolute gem of a place and I guess it shows how good a place is when it is full on a Monday lunchtime.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your response. I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent lunch with us in Walton's bar. I have passed your comments onto my food and beverage department.

I would like to thank you for choosing Walton's bar for your chosen lunch destination and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regard's
Bridlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My son and fiancé booked The Crown for their wedding and all the family went for the weekend, and we were well looked after, the rooms were extremely pleasant and with a pool with spa we were pampered as well.
The wedding went to plan, the food and service was excellent, the following reception also went to plan with a band and BBQ in the evening.

1 Thank PhilH972
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your highly praised review. I am delighted to read that your son and daughter in law enjoyed celebrating their special wedding day with us. On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel as a wedding venue, and I would like to wish them both happiness for the future ahead.

Paul Hicks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetheral
Crown & Mitre Hotel
#17 of 20 in Carlisle
Dalston Hall Hotel
Dalston Hall Hotel
#14 of 20 in Carlisle

Been to Crown Wetheral Hotel? Share your experiences!