“Swimming - Splash club”

Crown Wetheral Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wetheral
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Saturday morning splash club for the children is great. Staff are always friendly and helpful and you feel children are safe as lifeguards constantly watching. Able to relax while the children played. Exceptionally clean too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah R
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review our Saturday morning splash time. I am delighted that your family all enjoyed the their time with us at our leisure facilities. I have passed your rewarding comments onto my leisure club staff.

I would like to thank you for attending splash time and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to splash time in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Located a few miles outside of Carlisle in a lovely little village, this hotel was quite the stately place. It's bigger than it looks and there were tourists, business travellers and a wedding party or two making it quite the busy spot. It's slightly dated but still quite posh - there's a nice pool and well kept grounds, as well well as a restaurant and a pub. We walked the grounds and yes, we had a drink in the pub, which was really quite nice (we got a spot by the fire). Breakfast was good and I was pleased to hear Guns & Roses playing quietly as we munched on toast soldiers and looked out over the grounds. Nearby there's a path going down to run beneath the impressive train bridge and along the exceedingly lovely Eden River. It's a far cry from the grit and history of Carlisle, but only a short drive or train ride so its a nice place to cool your boots on a tour of the region. It's close to Hadrian's Wall and the Long Meg standing stones, as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Excellent value at this hotel with a fairly newly renovated room and a nice dining/breakfast area. The food for dinner was really good as was the breakfast menu. Way more than we needed but we did enjoy!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janice51

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review. I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us, where upon you have enjoyed the services and facilities that we offer here at the Crown Hotel.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel as your desired accommodation and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

took up the silver spa package deal with a friend and it was a lovely experience. The treatments were great with reserved table by the pool, gowns and slippers. we used the pool (Jacuzzi wasn't working) and enjoyed sitting outside - although the seating area outside the pool was small and a little tatty. Lovely lunch in the pub and finally to our room which was a suite room. Very spacious with all the extras you would expect . I was a little worried as it overlooked the railway line but there were barely any trains. The room as very warm and couldn't find any A/C. Evening meal was nice too although the maître d is a bit stiff and formal, more suited for fine dining in London than Weatheral! The Maitre D at breakfast was wonderful and welcoming and arranged a veggie breakfast for me with no fuss at all. Great hotel, thank you xx

Room Tip: Ask for one of the suites as the rooms are larger
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent silver spa break. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all included features of our spa break. I have passed all your rewarding comments onto my team.

Sadly we don't have air conditioning in our rooms but we do offer fans if any of our guests rooms are to warm.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel for your spa break, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed the one night for a business trip, nice country hotel in a lovely quite village and I got a great price on late rooms, staff were really good and friendly, my room (103) was small but adequate for a single, did need updating though, and extractor fans outside the window were a little noisy.

Had dinner in the bar, which had a good atmosphere and was quite busy, When I ordered I was told it would be 20 minutes wait, which was ok with me, however it did turn in to being 40 minutes plus, and when the food arrived it was only just warm, and not particularly great. Breakfast next day was good, and overall an enjoyable stay, so I would not let my experience with the food put me off, I'd try it again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, Firstly I would like to apologise for the length of time that you waited for your evening meal in our Bar, we do try to give an accurate waiting time during busy periods of service and I do apologise if this was incorrectly given.

My rooms manager has written to you personally. I do hope that that this letter will be able to restore your faith in the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have just returned from a weekend break at the Crown Hotel. This hotel has to have the best staff I have met in a hotel. Lynn on reception was particularly nice and even arranged a plate with chocolates with a happy birthday greeting for one of our friend to be put in his room. When I took his birthday cake down to breakfast the staff provided a sparkler to put on top, brought it to the table and sang happy birthday. A really nice touch. Beppe was very efficient at breakfast and looked after us very well, always with a smile and joke. Breakfast was a mix of buffet and to order and there was something there for everyone.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. The only downside was the tv reception wasn't great but as we were not there to watch tv this was a minor niggle. The pool is an added bonus, with a jacuzzi, both of which we had to ourselves.
We were amazed that although there was a wedding and several birthday celebrations on the same night, there was no noise or inconvenience for the other guests.
The hotel also has a very nice garden and a bar which serves food as well as a formal restaurant. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank holidaysnandsea
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I have passed your comments onto Lyn and Beppe and my team.

I would like to apologise that TV reception did not have a good signal, I have had my maintenance team look into this and once again I do apologise.

I would like to thank you for choosing The Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regard's

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here over the May Bank Holiday Weekend. It is a great place to visit Cumbrian tourist attractions and The Lakes.
We had a standard room as the place was fully booked all weekend for weddings. The rooms were lovely so the deluxe etc will be worth experiencing.
Waltons Bar is absolutely great - service, food and general relaxed atmosphere
Breakfast could not be faulted either - self service for cereal, fruit, croissants etc and then cooked to order for the main event. Plenty of choice and the eggy bread was amazing - took me back to my childhood.
The hotel team advised us that there would be noise due to the weddings but it wasn't invasive despite our room being right over the garden/bbq area where they all were.
This place is one to visit without a doubt.

Room Tip: I would book early and try to get into one of the deluxe rooms or cottages but having said that if s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent Bank Holiday break with us. I have passed your highly praised comments onto my team.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Paul Hicks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetheral
Crown & Mitre Hotel
#16 of 20 in Carlisle
Dalston Hall Hotel
Dalston Hall Hotel
#13 of 20 in Carlisle

Been to Crown Wetheral Hotel? Share your experiences!