Crown Wetheral Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
County Hotel(Carlisle)
1,122 results
All reviewsconservatory restaurantleisure centreleisure clubpretty villagesteam roomlovely villagemain restaurantwedding partywedding receptionthe pubexecutive roomevening mealreturn visitrailway stationcar parksalmona lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We booked this as a last minute as our first choice was fully booked. Lovely hotel set in a small rural location. Well kept gardens, lots of lovely flowers, lovely gazebo with breathtaking views.

We booked a half board option. Room was on the ground floor facing onto the car park. Not ideal but room was decent size clean and decor was good. We ate in the conservatory, salmon, rib eye. Steak was delicious, with proper thick cut chips followed by Lemon Possett, with the nicest shortbread I think I have ever tasted. Nice bottle of vouvray to wash it down.

Lovely peaceful hotel, even with a room on the car park. Very friendly and helpful staff, made it a real pleasure to stay and definitely go Bach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all services and facilities that we offer. I have passed your rewarding comments onto my chef and his team.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed with friends and we enjoyed our time at the hotel. The gardens were wonderful and the meals in the bar were great. The staff were very attentive and I would seriously recommend this location to anyone wanting a lovely hotel off the main traffic route. The parking on the day we were there was very difficult due to the hotels popularity with its conference facilities...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us . I am delighted to read that you and your friends all enjoyed your time with us. I have passed your highly praised comments onto my team.

On behalf of myself and my staff, I would like to thank you for choosing the hotel and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regard's

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have stayed here a few times on business in last 6mths and each time has been great. Lovely quaint Hotel in small rural village. Rooms allocated to me have been great (124). Large and spacious and quiet. Decor in rooms could be better but that is about it. Bar meals are average but good value for money. Restaurant menu could be better but good quality
Overall a great wee place to stay on business if in Carlisle

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your past visits over the last six months. I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed staying with us.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the bar meals and restaurant menu, and my Chef is looking into this.

I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty over the past six months and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regard's

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Once again the Crown has met all our expectations from check-in to check-out. Very good food and efficient service throughout. I feel that large groups were better managed in the restaurant this time, being located in the Terrace area. This made it more comfortable for smaller groups or couples like us, not having to compete with the noise levels :-) . I believe that this arrangement will be better for the groups too, giving privacy for their event.
I mentioned when I booked that we were having the weekend away for my husband's birthday.To our great surprise we returned to the hotel on the Saturday afternoon to a birthday message in our room, complete with delicious truffles. A very nice touch!
There was entertainment in the bar on the Friday evening which was very good. Will visit again in late autumn, as our "refresh" before winter sets in. We so enjoy our visits to the Crown, please keep it up!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that the hotel meet all your expectations with facilities and services that we offer. I hope that your husband enjoyed his birthday.

On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the autumn.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Visited the hotel for a hen weekend a few weeks ago. We had a spa package which included lunch, dinner, breakfast and 2 spa treatments as well as use of the spa facilities so was really good value for money. The treatments were really good as were the facilities at the spa. The rooms were lovely and all the little extras in the room were a lovely touch - especially the chocolate and toiletry packs. The staff were helpful and happy and really added to the stay. I would highly recommend the hotel and would really like another visit!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Good Morning

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you and your friends all enjoyed your recent spa break for your friends hen weekend. I have passed your highly praised comments onto my team.

I would like to thank you for choosing The Crown Hotel as your desired hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please pass on my best wished to the Bride & groom for their wedding day.