“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wetheral
Sydney Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here because we wanted to visit Carlisle and because of TripAdvisor reviews. Wise decision. Wetheral is well worth a visit for its own sake and the Crown generally lived up to the reviews.

One caveat - it was a warm sunny day when we arrived and the second floor room facing the garden had its own balcony with a glass door and window opening onto the balcony. Just as well! The room was more than warm and even with the door and window open, it remained warm. Otherwise, no major problems.

The combination of Wetheral and the Crown is such as to encourage a return visit - maybe a few nights next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ExLawyer
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay, where upon you agreed that the Crown hotel has lived up to all its reviews on tripadvisor.

With this lovely summer weather we are having some of our rooms are very warm but we do offer fans to be put into the bedrooms if needed.

Paul Hicks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We came a open this gem of a
Pub / hotel restaurant while travelling on the train to carlisle along the Hexham line. the magic atmosphere of this tiny stop off attracted us to look for a restaurant and we were not disappointed. the Crown was barely a minute up the Hill and what a find! good quality food, excellent service and and a tranquil break from the hustle and bustle of trains and timetables. I would recommend this to place to anyone

Room Tip: Can't say as we only ate here. however it looked very good!
Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Morning

Thank you for review, I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your recent meal in our Conservatory restaurant. I have passed your comments onto my food and beverage department.

Driffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This must be the 10th time I've stayed at the Crown, but it's been sometime since I put in a review.

Basically, as the strap line says, they are keeping up their very high standards of customer care, attention to details and quality.

The food is, as always, excellent and the menu changes pretty regularly, so there's no chance of getting bored. Breakfast offers a wide choice and the teapot contains 3 or 4 cups worth, not these piddly little things that you try and squeeze a second cup from.

Rooms are clean, tidy, functional and everything works properly. Windows open to let in fresh air, most important in summer.

The staff are helpful, polite and attentive.

I think this is a great place to stay, whether on business or for pleasure. Well done.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank IDavidRowley
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Good Afternoon Mr Rowley

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very happy to read that once again you have enjoyed your stay. On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you personally for your continued loyalty over the past few years, its always a pleasure to welcome repeat guests back to the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your 11th visit in the not so distant future.

Cromer,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at this lovely hotel with my daughter, we were in Carlisle for a music event (Kaiser Chiefs at the nearby racecourse) and booked this online. The staff did ring me to let me know my choice of a quiet room was not going to be possible as a wedding was being held on the Saturday night. This made no difference to us, but I was impressed that they'd bothered to let us know. We were greeted by friendly staff on arrival. The room was lovely, well worth the money we paid, super clean with a lovely view of the gardens, which are so pretty and obviously loved and well cared for. The hotel itself could do with some updating perhaps - though it is a very small village hotel and I am probably judging it on the hotels I stay in in large cities. The dinner we had the night we arrived was well above average, and reasonably priced. Two things really to improve. One source some local preserves for the fantastic breakfast (apart from that I'd say the breakfast is magnificent) and maybe some updates with regards to an ipod dock? Is that asking too much perhaps. There is free wifi, which was welcome. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and the village in general was beautiful.

Room Tip: My daughter and I had a room overlooking part of the garden, but on one night's stay there was a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us when you went to see the Kaiser Chiefs, I do hope that you enjoyed the concert.

Thank you for your comments regarding the local preserves at breakfast and Ipod dock , I will have my team look into this.

On behalf of myself and my staff I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Crowland, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We booked this as a last minute as our first choice was fully booked. Lovely hotel set in a small rural location. Well kept gardens, lots of lovely flowers, lovely gazebo with breathtaking views.

We booked a half board option. Room was on the ground floor facing onto the car park. Not ideal but room was decent size clean and decor was good. We ate in the conservatory, salmon, rib eye. Steak was delicious, with proper thick cut chips followed by Lemon Possett, with the nicest shortbread I think I have ever tasted. Nice bottle of vouvray to wash it down.

Lovely peaceful hotel, even with a room on the car park. Very friendly and helpful staff, made it a real pleasure to stay and definitely go Bach.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all services and facilities that we offer. I have passed your rewarding comments onto my chef and his team.

Sylvania, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed with friends and we enjoyed our time at the hotel. The gardens were wonderful and the meals in the bar were great. The staff were very attentive and I would seriously recommend this location to anyone wanting a lovely hotel off the main traffic route. The parking on the day we were there was very difficult due to the hotels popularity with its conference facilities...

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us . I am delighted to read that you and your friends all enjoyed your time with us. I have passed your highly praised comments onto my team.

On behalf of myself and my staff, I would like to thank you for choosing the hotel and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Inverurie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have stayed here a few times on business in last 6mths and each time has been great. Lovely quaint Hotel in small rural village. Rooms allocated to me have been great (124). Large and spacious and quiet. Decor in rooms could be better but that is about it. Bar meals are average but good value for money. Restaurant menu could be better but good quality
Overall a great wee place to stay on business if in Carlisle

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your past visits over the last six months. I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed staying with us.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the bar meals and restaurant menu, and my Chef is looking into this.

I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty over the past six months and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Paul Hicks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetheral
Crown & Mitre Hotel
#5 of 20 in Carlisle
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,310 reviews
Premier Inn Carlisle (M6 Jct42) Hotel
Premier Inn Carlisle Central Hotel

Been to Crown Wetheral Hotel? Share your experiences!