Crown Wetheral Hotel
US$94
US$90
US$204
US$64
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,149 results
All reviewsconservatory restaurantleisure centreleisure clubpretty villagesteam roomlovely villagemain restaurantwedding partywedding receptionthe pubexecutive roomevening mealreturn visitrailway stationcar parksalmona lovely stay
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hotel feels like a traditional well-run place valuing service and quality. Friendly staff and great service always - reception, bar, leisure club, restaurant, breakfast. Rooms 238,240,242,244,246,248 have balconies and look out onto the gardens and beyond - we had one of these and as it was "Executive" had added extras, which seemed worth it for the small price increase - water,choc,nice coffee,robes/slippers,bath salts etc... Wetheral is a lovely little village and is worth a wonder around. The leisure club is good - clean and bright and a sizable pool. Gardens are lovely. We ate in conservatory restaurant where food quality and service were exceptional. The £28 3 course set menu is actually pretty good value. There were no weddings on during our weekend stay so cannot comment on noise etc... from this. Breakfast combination of table service and buffet, very tasty.

Room Tip: Rooms 238,240,242,244,246,248 have balconies and look out onto the gardens and beyond.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the facilities and services that we offer. I have passed your rewarding comments onto my team.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

could not be bettered- pretty and tranquil setting,warm helpful staff,excellent food,lovely leisure centre. only 10 minutes from motorway and 15-20 minutes from carlisle. this was a return visit and we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your highly praised review. I am delighted to read that you have stated that the hotel could not be bettered, I have passed these rewarding comments onto my team.

On behalf of myself and my staff, I would like to thank you personally for choosing the Crown Hotel, and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Kind regard's

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here because we wanted to visit Carlisle and because of TripAdvisor reviews. Wise decision. Wetheral is well worth a visit for its own sake and the Crown generally lived up to the reviews.

One caveat - it was a warm sunny day when we arrived and the second floor room facing the garden had its own balcony with a glass door and window opening onto the balcony. Just as well! The room was more than warm and even with the door and window open, it remained warm. Otherwise, no major problems.

The combination of Wetheral and the Crown is such as to encourage a return visit - maybe a few nights next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ExLawyer
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay, where upon you agreed that the Crown hotel has lived up to all its reviews on tripadvisor.

With this lovely summer weather we are having some of our rooms are very warm but we do offer fans to be put into the bedrooms if needed.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regard's

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We came a open this gem of a
Pub / hotel restaurant while travelling on the train to carlisle along the Hexham line. the magic atmosphere of this tiny stop off attracted us to look for a restaurant and we were not disappointed. the Crown was barely a minute up the Hill and what a find! good quality food, excellent service and and a tranquil break from the hustle and bustle of trains and timetables. I would recommend this to place to anyone

Room Tip: Can't say as we only ate here. however it looked very good!
Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Morning

Thank you for review, I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your recent meal in our Conservatory restaurant. I have passed your comments onto my food and beverage department.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This must be the 10th time I've stayed at the Crown, but it's been sometime since I put in a review.

Basically, as the strap line says, they are keeping up their very high standards of customer care, attention to details and quality.

The food is, as always, excellent and the menu changes pretty regularly, so there's no chance of getting bored. Breakfast offers a wide choice and the teapot contains 3 or 4 cups worth, not these piddly little things that you try and squeeze a second cup from.

Rooms are clean, tidy, functional and everything works properly. Windows open to let in fresh air, most important in summer.

The staff are helpful, polite and attentive.

I think this is a great place to stay, whether on business or for pleasure. Well done.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IDavidRowley
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Good Afternoon Mr Rowley

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very happy to read that once again you have enjoyed your stay. On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you personally for your continued loyalty over the past few years, its always a pleasure to welcome repeat guests back to the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your 11th visit in the not so distant future.