Crown Wetheral Hotel
US$90
US$204
US$65
1,147 results
All reviewsconservatory restaurantleisure centreleisure clubpretty villagesteam roomlovely villagemain restaurantwedding partywedding receptionthe pubexecutive roomevening mealreturn visitrailway stationcar parksalmona lovely stay
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed one night at the Crown on a business trip to the area. It was recommended as being convenient to my meeting and easy to get to from the station. It was these things but also a very good hotel - much better than I was anticipating.

The hotel is situated close to the train station giving easy access on foot. From the front it looked like a nicely kept, older, country hotel but once inside I discovered that there was a larger and newer back section for the accommodation. My room was a reasonable size, modern and nicely furnished. It looked out on a large back lawn with tables for guests and visitors. The free wifi was excellent and the room came equipped with the usual tea making things plus an iron and ironing board. The bathroom was modern and very clean.

I happened to be there on a beautiful hot, sunny day when the outdoor areas were bright and inviting. I am sure this does't happen all that often but it certainly made me appreciate the tables on both the back lawn and the front of the hotel.

A good breakfast was included with the very reasonable tariff.

All in all, the Crown was a good hotel that exceeded my expectations and a place I would go back to if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent overnight stay. I am very happy to read that you thought the hotel exceeded all your expectations and you would like to come back. I have passed your comments onto my team.

On behalf of myself and my staff, I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed for one night and we were told that there was a wedding and that we might have some noise as the room was near the function. We decided to book anyway, and yes, there was noise but we were warned, so no complaints there. It was boiling hot, so we could have done with air con or a fan, but the weather was exceptionally hot. The room was lovely, the view into the gardens beautiful, the staff friendly and the breakfast great. We ate in the bar and the food was delicious. My husband used the pool and said it was good. This is a great place to stay.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed the facilities and services that we offer where upon you have stated the hotel is a great place to stay.

On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you for choosing The Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The room and leisure facilities were great value for the price and ideal for our two small children. Food good and staff very warm and friendly. The nearby quaint railway station and stunning views from the viaduct footpath were a bonus! We would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review. I am very happy to read that your enjoyed your recent stay with us. On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We arrived here for a two night stay ,its easy to find being signposted from the main road and straight away you are impressed by the appearance of the building
The receptionist , friendly and professional .The room was compact but there was space enough , all the necessary mod cons were there .Down to what appeared to be locally produced biscuits to go with the tea and coffee .
Again the en suite wasnt the largest but it was fine .The best thing was the bathroom essentials that were supplied .Soames and Gilchrist if memory serves ,a pleasure to use .Even the towels were properly laundered and presented
If perfection lays in the detail ,this hotel had it covered
The first night we ate in the public bar , and I would not use it again .The best thing I can say is that it shows just how good the rest of the hotel is .
Breakfast in the conservatory was lovely , good food , gardens all around a great setting to eat in , staff all very professional and pleasant
The second night we ate in the hotels restaurant and what a difference that was .A dining delight .Two courses for £25, three for £28.The food was excellent and brilliantly served .
This is sad but I saw one of the staff clean one of the tables at the end of the night , and she took real pride in how she did it
There is one more thing about how attentive the staff were .The first night proved unbearably hot , in the morning we asked if a fan was available .Not expecting an affirmative answer .When we got back one had been supplied
I have wiped the bar from memory .The rest of the hotel and staff are excellent.We will be back

Room Tip: we had 118 , would willingly go back

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your rewarding review, I am delighted to read that your enjoyed your recent stay with us, where upon you have stated If perfection lays in the detail, the hotel has it covered. I have passed these rewarding comments onto my team.

I am very sorry to read that you were not happy with your bar meal, I have passed your comments onto my Bar Manager who will look into this for you and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regard's
Paul Hick's

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hotel feels like a traditional well-run place valuing service and quality. Friendly staff and great service always - reception, bar, leisure club, restaurant, breakfast. Rooms 238,240,242,244,246,248 have balconies and look out onto the gardens and beyond - we had one of these and as it was "Executive" had added extras, which seemed worth it for the small price increase - water,choc,nice coffee,robes/slippers,bath salts etc... Wetheral is a lovely little village and is worth a wonder around. The leisure club is good - clean and bright and a sizable pool. Gardens are lovely. We ate in conservatory restaurant where food quality and service were exceptional. The £28 3 course set menu is actually pretty good value. There were no weddings on during our weekend stay so cannot comment on noise etc... from this. Breakfast combination of table service and buffet, very tasty.

Room Tip: Rooms 238,240,242,244,246,248 have balconies and look out onto the gardens and beyond.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the facilities and services that we offer. I have passed your rewarding comments onto my team.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.