1,252 results
All reviews conservatory restaurant leisure facilities leisure club pretty village lovely village steam room main restaurant wedding party wedding reception executive room the pub sunday lunch return visit evening meal waltons bar railway station lamb
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Group of 20 on golf trip
Good rooms, friendly and obliging staff.
Welcoming reception.
Excellent food.
Convenient location for Carlisle, Hadrian's Wall and surrounding areas
Would recommend this hotel

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for your highly praised review. I am very happy to read that you party have all enjoyed their stay. I have cascaded your comments onto my teams.

On behalf of myself and my staff, its been our pleasure to have you stay with us, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

First plus point was the location - a lovely little village, just a few miles from Carlisle and next to a beautiful river complete with centuries-old buildings, NT woodland and scenic viaduct leading to the next village. A walks guide in the bedroom was very welcome, and used by us.
Second plus point was when we checked in & were told we'd been upgraded to ensure we weren't bothered by noise from a function. The upgraded room was spacious and very nice - a fridge and fresh milk were bonuses. The restaurant was full but the bar served the same tasty food and had a great atmosphere - despite being busy service was pretty quick.
We didn't use the leisure facilities but they looked very good.
Sadly breakfast didn't quite live up to dinner - some items seemed re-heated which was a disappointment, but (in view of all the positives) maybe it was a one-off...

Stayed: May 2018
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your accommodation and dinner in the restaurant. Please accept my apologies that your breakfast was not to our desired standard, be assured I have discussed this with my head chef to look into and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

On behalf of myself and my teams, its been our pleasure to have you stay with us, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent menu choice and daily specials in bar. Good staff and service. Very nice hotel and amenities. Outside seating also available. Best to book. Great setting in wetheral village. Best to book as usually busy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raydale

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent meal in Walton's Bar. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the meal and service. I have cascaded your positive comments onto my teams.

On behalf of myself and my staff, I would like to thank you for choosing to dine with us, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We stopped here for lunch on the way to our holiday in the Lakes with our American visitors. We enjoyed a lovely lunch in Waltons bar with good service, homely atmosphere. We found the Crown by good luck a number of years ago and have stayed there for a mini break, as well as droping in on our way past. We are never disappointed!

Stayed: June 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent lunch in Walton's Bar. We are delighted to read that once again you have enjoyed visiting us .I have passed your positive comments onto my food and beverage team .

On behalf of myself and my staff, I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty over the past years, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a fathers day weekend trip, can i just say a great big thanks to lovely lea who checked us in, always welcoming and friendly asking how we are? Beppe, sue, gabby credit to the hotel, gabby saying we must have been visiting for about five years which is true as our girls are close in ages, only had one snag second night we ordered some food we are not keen on the cheese that comes on the room service menu, it wasnt the hospitable beppe on the phone, think it was blonde lad rang just after 9 room says dont want burgers thats on room service and could have bar ones ? Got a blunt thats all we do, Well not in five years we have been visiting often asked for waltons bar food as oppose to room service, because we both not keen on blue cheese so bit pettty of whoever is answering the phone also no ketchup sent up which would be a norm with burgers, rang same voice, says there is no ketchup and got a curt so you want ketchup??? Next time we visit i will ring lovely lea on reception if beppe not in, both have much better people skills on the phone and we dont end up with ingredients not that keen on. Thanks again mr hicks and all the above named staff who go out of their way to make your stay a pleasure lisa, stephen and steffi foster x. Newcastle

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I have passed your positive comments onto the above mentioned staff. Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls received with your room service order. Be assured I have discussed this with my Managers to look into and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

On behalf of myself and my teams,we would like to thank you for your continued loyalty over the past years, its always a delight to welcome you back, and we do look forward to seeing you all again soon.