“Won't be visiting again!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Raddle Inn

The Raddle Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Tean
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Staffordshire
“Won't be visiting again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Really disappointed. The Raddle was recommended to us by very good friends of ours as we both have young children I was told the outside was brilliant to keep the Children entertained (which yes it is good) however our 1st visit was the 13/07 and our friends were mortified they had recommended this to us. All the tables were cluttered with used plates and glasses and no staff outside to be seen. We ended up clearing our own table to sit down and eventually someone came out to take our order. However as you walked past the kitchen you could see all the waitresses stood gossiping in the kitchen area. The food came out which in fairness was a good standard.
The second time we gave them the benefit of the doubt and I took my husband along on the 25/7. The same thing was apparent dirty tables and staff gossiping in the kitchen whilst who we understood to be the owners were stood drinking with friends/regulars at the bar. However this time I had to send my lasagne back after finding a black hair in the lasagne. A waitress came back out and offered me a free drink??? No apology which is disgusting not even the manager could come out to apologise. My husband said it wasn't acceptable and not good enough to travel from Trentham to visit. Very disappointing!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Poorqual

“Nice food but that's it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Went to the raddle one weekday lunchtime took ages to get served as it was just full of rude pensioners thinking they should get served first because of their age - the pensioners specials meals were half the price of the menu we were given but the portions were the same as ours - the food was delicious - it was a very warm day and the bar person came and lit the log burning fire right next to us - we asked why with it being 20c+ outside and was told that the manager wanted it on - it became unbearable so we decided to leave without ordering desserts - it is a lovely place great setting and brilliant food - I just wouldn't return on a weekday lunchtime unless your over 65

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Dismal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We chose "The Raddle" as we had been before and had an ok meal. We knew there was a play area for the kids and we needed a break from cooking our own Sunday lunch. We came away nearly £120 poorer and extremely disappointed. We had 8 in our party and were expected to order our food at the bar. Who can remember 8 orders? The waitress did come to the table when I asked to borrow a pen to write our order down myself! I had to ask for menus and we cleared the main course plates away ourselves after sitting for 20 minutes with them in front of us. If it hadn't been rude to others in the party we would not have ordered desserts. At no point did anyone ask if we were enjoying or had enjoyed our meals. The meals were too big for the plates, which to us is not a positive. Why places such as this seem to think that quantity is king and every meal needs to be served with half a boiled cabbage, tinned peas and carrots and 2lbs of soggy, anaemic chips, is beyond me. We left more food on our plates than most places serve as a meal to start with. The food was below average. We will not be visiting again.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank kphil61
Wigan
“Pretty poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The raddle inn seems to be signposted everywhere around the area so we assumed it must be a lovely place. The food wasn't terrible but the prawns were rubbery like they had just been defrosted, the chips were REALLY greasy,and overall was pretty poor, the place itself is quite grubby and dirty, especially the carpets. Wouldn't recommend,there are much nicer places around

2 Thank Wiganergaz
Stoke-on-Trent
“Great pub, excellent meals and value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I love this place. The meals are always good. It's a great place to go with the family in the summer as they usually have a bouncy castle out and a little play area for the kids. The meals are excellent value for money and you really get a plateful! Service is good and the staff are pleasant and friendly. I would definitely recommend this place. My mum and her husband go every week on a Thursday for the pensioners meals - they love it.

Visited April 2014