Rydges North Sydney
Meriton Suites North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$95
  • Pool
Hotel Urban St Leonards(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$115
  • Room Service
Harbourside Apartments(McMahons Point)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$120
  • Pool
Vibe Hotel North Sydney(North Sydney)
US$102
  • Pool
North Sydney Harbourview Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$125
  • Room Service
The Greenwich Inn Motel(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Breakfast included
McLaren Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$123
Agoda.com
US$179
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree wifitaronga zoobit datedtwo bedroom suitecomfortable staybuffet breakfastbusiness districtbusiness hoteltrain stationluna parka harbour view roompublic transportharbour bridgesydneyovalroomycbd
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My mother and I stayed two nights here recently and were happy with the cleanliness, comfortable beds and great location. We went to twilight at Taronga nearby which was great. Our view from the 12th floor was lovely and the room was very quiet. Staff were also very pleasant.

We did however struggle to shower both nights, and even tried early morning and middle of the day. It took over 20 minutes to get hot water and even then it was intermittent.
No water pressure also made showering difficult and unpleasant. With all the positives of this place, we wouldn't go back because being able to shower is a basic need at a hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank APar31
Katie D, Front Office Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Hi Amie,

Thank you for taking the time to review.

It is such a shame that your stay was impacted by no hot water. This is an issue that has been addressed with maintenance and our General manager so we hope that we can keep an eye on it so it doesn't affect someone else - safe to say we haven't had another report of it so fingers crossed.

Glad that you enjoyed our taronga package though we really enjoy the vibe it brings to the hotel and hope you will come next year too.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a young baby. The hotel itself has been updated recently, but the lifts need a serious service as they are incredibly slow and rather bumpy. The walkway up to the hotel is also a shared driveway which was a little unnerving walking with the pram.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite (city view) which was very spacious, though a little dated. It had a very large lounge with plenty of seating and a small kitchen, as well as a balcony. Good views too. The bedroom was also of a good size and fitted the cot in it, with a second tv too. the bathroom had a bath but was fairly dated. we had requested and paid for a cot, and checked in at 1pm, but the cot 'wasn't available' at that time and we had to ask again at 7pm for one to be delivered - not ideal with a young baby who needed naps!!!

Room Tip: the suites are well worth the extra price for a lot more space especially if you are travelling with a partner/child, as I saw a colleague's standard room and it was fairly small
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nzamy

Thank you for your recent review on Rydges North Sydney .

The good news is that we have reviewed the lifts and are working on the best way possible to fix them. As the building is older the lifts are too so we do our best to maintain the service on them.

Great to hear you enjoyed the suite and I have followed up in relation to the cot from your stay, the day you checked in early we were able to get you into your room and when the houseman went to take the cot up a do not disturb sign was hung outside the door - as hotel policy we cannot knock or enter so our apologies for the delay with this.

We hope that all other aspects of your stay were comfortable and hope you will return again

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We booked a room at Rydges as it was one of the only under-$200 hotels remaining on Valentine's Day. Claiming to be a Four-Star Hotel, the room was cramped; the furnishings old; and to top it off, loud traffic noise could be heard from the highway below at all times. We paid a little extra for the 'Queen Harbour View Suite', which was an outrageous misnomer: the bed was a DOUBLE, not a queen; and the 'harbour view' consisted of a sliver of blue that was visible on the right-hand horizon above countless rows of buildings and roads.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.

It is unfortunate that we let you down and I apologise if you were misinformed by our water view but I would like to address that our Queen harbourview suite is located from the 7th Floor above overlooking lavender bay (back end of Sydney Harbour) and not the direct Sydney Harbour Bridge views.

All these rooms have a Rydges Dream bed - a queen bed which is a Rydges standard. We have reviewed all this rooms with housekeeping to double check this and all are queen configuration.

If you would like to book directly with me next time we can ensure your will be well looked after.

Regards

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Dated decor, noisy aircon, location not convenient, elevators noisy and shaky and in dire need of refurb/repairs, service average at best. TV has poor reception, and only FTA. Although the room is ok and wifi free (albeit slow!), the room service took over an hour to arrive and after I called to complain, it arrived a further 15 mins later. The quality of the food was appalling (greasy burger, re-fried chips and flat coke) so I rang to complain and advised them I wouldn't be paying for that meal and requested they bring me a salad instead, which arrived 20 mins later with no apology. To add insult to injury, the salad was inedible too. They sell bottles in the fridge but there is no bottle opener in the room...? They partially did up my room, deciding to leave the salad from the night before behind on the desk, and all cushions were left on the couch as if they hadn't finished making the bed. The bath has visible black holes which have been patched up, and the grout has mould...again, a refurb is much needed!!!!

No gym...you can pay to use Genesis which is a 7 min walk.

I never complain, so for me to write a review like this is rare. This is the first and last time I will be staying at Rydges. With competition being so fierce these days, unless Rydges shape up, they may not be in business very long. Bitterly disappointed...I would be kind to rate this establishment a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Lals_79
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We did this last year and it's so much fun. It's a package of an overnight stay including breakfast with a transfer to and from the Zoo for a concert (this year it was THE WHITLAMS).

We had a room with a lovely view (only slightly obstructed by another building) of the harbour on a beautiful day with the yachts out in force. The rooms are clean and very comfortable with a balcony. You can control the air-conditioner in the room. I went fully prepared with earplugs expecting noise. Although there is the dull roar of the city - it was mostly blocked and wasn't disturbing. I slept like a log, very unexpected.

I love a good hotel breakfast and this one was terrific, even including bread and butter pudding!! I didn't see it at first as it wasn't with the other pastries but was being kept warm with the savoury food. When I saw my husband with it I had to go back even though I was full.

Room Tip: It's possible that the rooms on the west side are quieter as the hotel does overlook the freeway but then you won't get the harbour view. As I stated, it didn't worry me and I am somewhat sensitive to noise and light. The room was nice and dark.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happyhoneymooner9

What a fabulous review!

Thank you for giving us such lovely feedback we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will be back for 2015 Twilight.