“Good location for Sydney travel”

Rydges North Sydney
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in North Sydney
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Good location for Sydney travel”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My first visit to Australia (business) had me staying in the Rydges North Sydney next to my company's office. Location was nicely situated in a residential area with the North Sydney train station just 3 blocks away. Just 15 minute walk to the train into CBD for ony $5 round trip. Close walk to good restaurants or eat in the hotel restaurant or bar. Wifi worked well in my 12th floor room.

I had a wagu burger with chips at the bar ith good wine. Burger was tasty and there is a good wine selection. Bartender was knowledgable about wines and made well mixed cocktails. Whole hotel staff were friendly and made my stay enjoyable. Breakfast buffet was great with eggs, potatoe selection, breads, sausages, bacon, fruit, cereals, and juices just to name few items. Overall good hotel even for trips into Sydney.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Thomas V
Clive A, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thomas V

Thank you for your encouraging feedback. Our bar staff will be thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience in our bar area as will the kitchen staff when they read your review. We hope to welcome you back soon for a tasty burger and a mixed cocktail.

clive_armstrong@rydges.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Pakenham, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed at the Rydges in McLaren Street, have been here before, this time though they have added free Wi-Fi. The rooms are well appointed and I had the added advantage of having a Water View room, watching the sunrise on a glorious Sydney morning and having that view was spectacular

Room Tip: A North facing room is the best, elevator noise is not a problem.
1 Thank Keith A
Clive A, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Keith A

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are delighted you enjoyed our well appointed room and especially the view of the harbour. Please come visit us again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 August 2014

It's close to the office which is why I stay. Was beginning to look better but is looking tired again. Room service menu very limited. Restaurant dinner very limited. Breakfast is great. Room smelled of cooking even though it was on 11th floor. Lifts wouldn't come to a "down" call only up. I had forgotten my razor but they didn't stock any...... This trip really made my mind up to stop staying there and suffer the taxi ride to work instead

Room Tip: Go high 11 or 12
Dear Filby260157

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast during your stay. The Food and beverage department is always looking to vary and add new items to the Room Service and Dinner menus. We apologise for the cooking smell in your room. A few of our apartments do have kitchens and a guest could have been cooking in their room on your level. We have ordered razor sets to be kept at the front desk after your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly via the e-mail below to discuss. We would dearly like to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Adelaide Hills, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay with what I feel is a very nice hotel, a delightful bar, and a very friendly staff. While the entire hotel could use a refresh (carpets, etc.), the look and feel is nonetheless clean and inviting. The staff are quite accommodating (pardon the pun) and very friendly. I especially liked the option to save $10 a night by not having my room cleaned. This added up quickly and allowed me to spend just a tad bit more at the bar. The water pressure is weak but I solved that on my own (heh!) and the bathroom somewhat trying (drainage is an issue). The beds are wonderful to sleep on and the neighborhood is quiet. The free WiFi was quite fast and there is the option to connect via CAT5. Nice.

Room Tip: The higher up the better.
2 Thank Joseph R
Clive A, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear AdelaidianJoe

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your positive feedback. The staff will be delighted to hear you enjoyed their friendliness and the hotel facilities. Yes the $10 Food and Beverage voucher you receive every day you request your room not to be cleaned lets you indulge a bit more and it’s good for the environment. Our maintenance manager has been made aware of the drainage issue in that specific room. We hope to welcome you back again soon to Rydges North Sydney to enjoy our comfy bed’s and free WiFI.

Guest Service Manger
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We needed accommodation close to North Bridge Rydges North Sydney was perfect. Only 10 minutes in a taxi and even better still only 20 minutes from the Airport. Our room was excellent much bigger than I expected which was a pleasant surprise with a great view over North Sydney Oval, also quiet. The only gripe we had was that when you pay $28 per head for breakfast we did not expect to pay $4 extra for an espresso machine coffee.
Having said that we would happily stay there again and eat out for breakfast!

Room Tip: We stayed on a high floor which I would recommend as our experience was excellent. the room was spac...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan V
Clive A, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Susan V

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the spacious room with the view over the Oval. If you do join up to our Rydges Priority Guest program then breakfast is only $20 and you receive 20% off food and beverage in the restaurant and bar. It’s free to join. We do hope to welcome you back with us for your next visit to North Sydney

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Three significant issues with this stay:

1. The room was set up with 2 single beds. Not a massive issue, but you expect a minimum of a queen size bed when paying $300+.
2. The airconditioning didn't work. The room was cold, and I turned on the heating to 27 degrees. All it did was pump out cold air.
3. The worst - there was no hot water in the morning, so I had to have a cold shower. I didn't have time to call and wait for maintenance and wait while they try and fix it.

So, all in all a very bad experience. When I told them on check out about the heating and the cold water, they said "why didn't you call us". I explained I didn't have time to wait for maintenance as I had to get to work. I did get a "sorry", but no offer to discount the expensive room price.

2 Thank DarrenMilne
Pat L, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear DarrenMilne

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I was sad to read your review and see that you had such an unsatisfactory stay with us. Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise for the issues you encountered during your overnight visit. We would really like the opportunity to explain the fault from our side and to make amends for the inconvenience you experienced. If you could please contact me via the e-mail below so we can discuss further.

Travellers are raving about these North Sydney hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Fan in shower is useless so have to wipe down constantly to keep getting ready.
Hardly any water comes from shower.
Bar fridge wasn't turned on.
Room service was the most oily burger ever.
Car park unsafe for entrance and exit.

The rest was ok and breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cassie J
Pat L, Guest Relations Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Cassie J

Thank you for your feedback. Our apologies for the maintenance issues you experienced in your room. Our maintenance department have been in after your stay to mend the fan and shower pressure. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast. Not sure what you meant regarding the unsafe car park. If you could please contact me directly regarding this.

clive_armstrong@rydes.com
Harbourside Apartments
Harbourside Apartments
#1 of 1 in McMahons Point
Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection

Been to Rydges North Sydney? Share your experiences!