Rydges North Sydney
Meriton Suites North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$95
  • Pool
Hotel Urban St Leonards(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$115
  • Room Service
Harbourside Apartments(McMahons Point)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$120
  • Pool
Vibe Hotel North Sydney(North Sydney)
US$102
  • Pool
North Sydney Harbourview Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$125
  • Room Service
The Greenwich Inn Motel(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$90
  • Breakfast included
McLaren Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$123
Agoda.com
US$179
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree wifitaronga zoobit datedtwo bedroom suitecomfortable staybuffet breakfastbusiness districtbusiness hoteltrain stationluna parka harbour view roompublic transportharbour bridgesydneyovalroomycbd
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I had stayed before, with my parents, & I slept in a 'rollaway', so was looking forward to experiencing the Dream Bed and returning to Rydges.
Unfortunately the airconditioner was very loud even on the lowest fan speed, so the good nights sleep did not happen, and with it turned off was too stuffy. We had to turn it off also to hear the movie we were watching also.
I would love to give the hotel 5 stars on everying - location, service (ALL staff fantastic), good breakfast. Unfortunately a good sleep is something pretty important, though. The bathroom is a little dated, but clean, so no problem there.
I am looking forward to staying again once renovations are done, hopefully that will include a new aircon system. In the meantime I would probably stay at quiet place with opening windows,

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
RydgesNS, Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2010

Thank you for your positive feedback on Rydges North Sydney. Your personal five stars rating for location, service, and staff is greatly appreciated. It is unfortunate that your sleep was interrupted with the noise of the air conditioning; we don’t however experience this problem in all our rooms. Please be assured that your comments in regards to this issue have been passed onto maintenance to rectify this problem. Rydges North Sydney is looking forward to improving guest rooms early next year. Thank you again for your valued feedback and we look forward to welcoming you after the refurbishment.

Reviewed 22 October 2010

Stayed in a 'Harbourview' doublebed room(12th floor) -which had a queen size bed. View was great. Despite my back problems and gastro- upset, for the 2 nights we stayed here, we slept well. The Rydges 'Dream bed' was simply fantastic. General room comfort was very good. Ensuite was a bit dated & has shower over the bath. Apparently they are starting to renovate the rooms. Bit dusty around the skirting boards and sill's(base) of the furniture -so housekeeping needs a rev up. Good big screen TV but DVD's cost an outrageous $15. VERY nice breakfast which covered all the bases -even had soy milk. Family had 2 more rooms on same floor and no complaints from them. Their park views were very nice too. Would definitely stay in the Rydges chain again. Good value for money compared to other hotels of similar type on North Shore. About 800m walk down Millar St to North Sydney Train station (swap at Central for the train to the Airport).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Dear abc123Victoria,
Thank you for your extremely positive feedback on Rydges North Sydney. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I do have to agree the ‘Dream Beds’ are extremely comfortable and add to that much needed sleep that travellers require. Breakfast does offer an extensive range of different food types ensuring there is something for even the pickiest breakfast eater. Rydges North Sydney looks forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2010

I have looked at the below reviews and i dont understand how it is possible to say such 'negative' things about this hotel as i could not fault them. I stayed there recently with my husband and two kids in a parkview suite. We were welcomed by a vibrant extremly helpful and friendly receptionist who checked us in and offered great advise on what to do in Sydney. The room was clean, well maintained and quiet. I do have to add i had the best sleep i have had in awhile on the 'Dream Beds'. Not to mention it was so quiet and peaceful with no traffic or train noice. This hotel is a four star hotel for a reason and i will definetly be staying at Rydges North Sydney again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
RydgesNS, Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2010

Dear Kells11111
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Rydges North Sydney. Yes I do have to agree that the Dream Beds are extremely comfortable which is an important factor when selecting accommodation. Thank you again for your positive feedback. Rydges North Sydney looks forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2010

For a hotel that is firmly oriented at the business traveler we surprisingly enjoyed our family stay. I can attribute that to several factors:
1. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.
2. The room was modern and well equipped. It is, however, equipped with the business traveler in mind.
3. The bed was one of the best hotel beds I ever experienced. Usually I suffer on hotel beds, but this time I slept like a brick.

On the other hand, there were lots of negatives with the hotel, too:
1. The hotel charges an exaggerated 1.5% surcharge on any credit card payment. Even the hotel restaurant charges this stupid surcharge! They didn't mention that surcharge when I made the booking...
2. While the main room is modern, the toilet/bath are anything but.
3. The rooms are rather smallish. Again, this won't trouble the solo business traveler, but for us things were rather too crowded.
4. On our second night the toilet stank of cigarette smoke coming in through the ventilation. It was horrible! They should do something about it, like installing smoke alarms in rooms' toilets.

As for facilities:
1. Parking: The hotel has its own parking lot underneath, charging $15 per day.
2. Internet: There is free wi-fi at the lobby, which tends to make for rather social evenings. None in the rooms, though.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
RydgesNS, Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2010

Dear Metal_Detect0r
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Rydges North Sydney. At Rydges we do strive ourselves in providing optimal customer service ensuring your stay is as enjoyable as possible. The ‘Dream Beds’ are extremely comfortable I do have to agree.
In regards to the 1.5% surcharge Rydges North Sydney does not profit from this. The surcharge is directly related to the banks. Also I am sorry to hear about the smell of smoke on the second night. The first floor does accommodate for smokers. However Rydges is undertaking a refurbishment early next year so hopefully this problem will be overcome.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback. On behalf of Rydges North Sydney thank you for staying and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back some time in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2010

This was the dirtiest hotel that I have ever stayed in! There were piles of dust EVERYWHERE. Carpet, needless to say was filthy!
No vaccuum was done for the entirety of our 3 day stay. Mould in the shower, mould in the fridge. Dirty cupboards and cutlery. Food in the room service tray that was well past it's USE-BY DATE..... Beds were not made. Blood stains on the covers, urine stains on the mattress protectors, and skid marks from our previous guests in the toilet........
I will take further action with this hotel, because it is THE MOST UNDESERVING 4 STAR ACCREDITATED HOTEL AROUND! There is absolutely no way I would ever recommend this hotel, and I will never again stay in a RYDGES chain hotel. DISGRACE.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank RAIDER81_10
RydgesNS, Manager at Rydges North Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

Dear Raider81,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.
I was disappointed to read of the poor Housekeeping and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the inadequate service. However, may I note that after discussing your review with the Front Office Manager she advises me that she met with you at the time of your stay and while “yes the room was not properly cleaned” your review is an exaggerated account of the problem. Further the Hotel offered to immediately rectify what was wrong and a complimentary return stay to make amends. This is not to excuse acknowledged shortcomings which have been discussed with the Housekeeper & staff concerned, we understand they were not acceptable.
I have today personally inspected the room in question and assure you that none of the issues you raise are evident today, although of course I plan to conduct daily inspections of selected of rooms to ensure standards are maintained.
Thank you for your interest, I hope that despite your experience we have an opportunity to welcome you back to Rydges North Sydney and demonstrate that we are capable of much better.

Yours Sincerely