“Baros Sensational” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Baros Island
Perth, Australia
“Baros Sensational”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Expectations were high and pleased to say that from the airport welcome, island hospitality Baros Maldives exceeded these. The island is peaceful and in an amazing location, staff that are so helpful that this adds to your experience and the fact that the way the island is configured means that the tranquility exists everywhere.

Highly recommend the snorkelling experiences in and around the house reef, some excellent reef structures and fish life, friendly black tip reef sharks, turtles etc. Food at the Lighthouse first class and relaxing at the Lighthouse Bar with a good jazz band playing overlooking the ocean was sensational.

The whole experience was fantastic, a credit to the way the staff are there to help with anything and just a stunning location.Very memorable.

Room Tip: our room was 117 villa. Very private and in brilliant locations.
3 Thank LalaGav
Shuhan A, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear LalaGav,

We appreciate the time you took for a very nice review of your holiday with us.

The whole team is happy to hear that you had a fantastic experience and enjoyed their service.

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

My recent stay at this idyllic exclusive enclave in the North Male Atoll was perfect. Baros Maldives embraces an authentic local elegance that exudes tranquility and bliss- offering dramatic vistas of the Indian Ocean. From the moment I was met at the airport, I knew I had made the right choice. On arrival at Baros, the welcome from the staff waiting at the pier made me feel totally at home. Everyone addressed me by name and offered a very warm welcome. After a bubbly welcome drink, my delightful and enthusiastic villa host Shafa took me to my deluxe, sumptuously appointed villa- my home and showed me around. I must say, the professional pictures are replicas of the rooms--no photoshopping. My one bedroom villa had a fabulous outdoor shower, providing for an amazing, totally liberating experience; direct access to the beach through a private passage from the terrace; and posh in-room amenities.

With many resorts offering such luxury settings, what sets Baros aside is the exceptional service. The staff are outstanding. I traveled solo and never felt out of place. Shuhan, Shijah, Farshaan and their dynamic team made my visit very special. I enjoyed breathtaking views at the Lighthouse Lounge accompanied by excellent service and delicious cocktails. At breakfast, it was simply a delight to be referred to by name and after the first day, the staff remembered how I liked my eggs cooked and my preferred choice of tea. The charming team at the spa did not disappoint; I had the most wonderful yoga experience and learned new things about the mind, body and soul connection.

I will definitely come back to the Maldives and will stay no where else but the amazing Baros, Maldives. This was a remarkable vacation. Thanks to the incredible staff I encountered and those working behind the scenes who made my vacation flawless.

Room Tip: All the rooms have breathtaking views so decide how much space you need and choose from one of seven...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank globetrottingdiva
Dear globetrottingdiva,

Thank you very much for your lovely and detailed review about your stay.

It was very nice having you here and it makes us extremely proud that you enjoyed your holiday to the fullest.

We are looking forward to see you again in the not so distant future.

All the best and warm wishes,

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was so fortunate to visit the Maldives, which was a truly a stunning and breath-taking experience.

I have just rounded “100 visited cities” at Tripadvisor and have stayed at many resorts and hotels around the world.
What strikes me the most by residing at Baros, is it’s genuinely service-minded and friendly staff, their guest experience approach is exceptional.
I felt that the staff was one step ahead of me all the time, I did not need to think of anything, which enables you to relax from the moment you step on the island.
The Baros hotel managed to deliver an overall world-class experience, since the resort is beautiful well-maintained and offers high quality of the food and beverage.
Besides I had the chance to try out the SPA, which you don’t want to miss out, again it’s clear that it is proficient staff, you are dealing with.
I can only recommend this resort to anyone, who wants to enjoy their holiday in the most spectacular settings and who share the value of an approachable staff and high quality scene.

Anja Lee

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anjardos
Dear Anja,

Thank you very much for such a lovely review about our staff and the resort.

It was a pleasure having you on the island and making sure you felt relaxed and at home.

Please let us know when you plan your next trip and we would be very happy to welcome you again.

Warm wishes,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The quality of service and dedication to the client these guys have is rare. Each and every employee is courteous, well mannered, and happy to assist you in whatever you need.
Hotel is clean, new, well kept.
If I HAD to say something bad, I would say that the food is very good, but has some room to improve. Still, would go back many times. One of the best hotels I have visited.

3 Thank Najdi
Dear Najdi,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

We appreciate that you comment about each and every staff and their care for service.

All of us will be very happy to welcome you soon to Baros again.

Best regards,

bucharest, romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

What I appreciated the most was not the sea or the weather but the unique attitude of the staff. I had a short stay, but enjoyed every second. They are not just friendly, they know exactly how to make you stay comfortable, without bothering you or calling in excess.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank danBucharest_Romania
Shuhan A, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear danBucharest_R,

Thank you for your short but simple and caring review.

If you stay one night or one week, the team is happy to look after you and make your stay memorable.

We wish you all the best and wish to see you back here again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I went to Baros with my new partner and having seen the weather forecasts were fearing the worst. I had been to three other resorts in the Maldives and this was my partner's first trip and I wanted it to be perfect. Wow... I could not have wished for more.
Whilst the island is stunning, it is the staff who make the experience simply magical. They could not do enough for you and everyone from builder, spa therapist, villa host, gardener were so polite and welcoming.
The choreographed goodbye from the jetty could not fail to bring tears to anyone's eyes and was a marketing "come back to Baros soon" master stroke!!
My partner and I agree that this was without doubt the best holiday of our lives - and even the weather was brilliant and nothing like the UK forecasts

Room Tip: Difficult choice between beach and water villas. We chose beach as we like the sand but the water vi...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank paul m
Dear paul m,

Thank you very much for your kind words and your nice review.

It is always nice to read about our guests’ appreciation to what we do every day here and to see when they leave with a smile or a happy tear.

We all would be happy to welcome you back here one day.
Best regards,

Melton Mowbray, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

As part of our big birthday celebrations we had to visit the one place we keep returning to!
We first visited Baros twelve years ago for our Silver Wedding...and have been back every year since with friends and family. For all of us it is paradise! We have travelled all around the world but return to Baros for rest and recreation. Every time we visit we discover new ideas and experiences.
There are so many lovely things about this island...the flora and fauna, the house reef and night snorkelling, the food...especially breakfast and The Lighthouse experience. Swimming with a huge variety of creatures...rays, sharks, turtles. The bats and geckos are entertaining.
The accommodation is continually being upgraded.this time we received a complimentary upgrade to a Beach Pool Villa. Together with a wonderfully comfortable and huge bed and an outside bathroom stocked with lovely bath products you cannot fail to feel special!
Finally a very important part of the success of Baros is the staff and their warm friendliness. Nothing is too much trouble..Azim is a wonderful room boy, Nitin makes a great cocktail in the Lighthouse, Shugah has to be joined for a night snorkel. Unlike a previous comment about difficulties borrowing a camera we have come back with wonderful pictures of our night snorkel taken by Shugah. Moulin and the breakfast boys...thank you. A first for us this year was the Teppenyaki..don't miss it...better than Benihanas in LA! My final thanks go to the Management team who listened to all our requests and gave us another wonderful holiday. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the lagoon are our favourites...check the online map.Room 209 was wonderful!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Hilary L
Dear Hilary L,

It was as always a great pleasure having you back here to celebrate your birthday with us.
We appreciate your love for Baros and your detailed review.

All of us are looking forward to seeing you soon again and wish you all the best, especially Azim, Nitin, Shuga and Mulan.

See you soon again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baros Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Bandos Maldives
Bandos Maldives
#1 of 2 in Bandos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,921 reviews

Been to Baros Maldives? Share your experiences!