The title says it all really! My family (Dad, Mum & Brother) & I had an incredible 2 weeks stay on Baros which was perfection from the moment we stepped into the arrivals hall at Malé Airport. We were greeted by genuine warm smiles & many happy birthday wishes (for my mum & I) before a swift and chilled speedboat transfer. After being greeted by yet more incredibly friendly & helpful staff, we were shown to our beach front villas (111 & 112) which were amazing.
The best part of our beach front villas was the short walk into the crystal clear sea & being able to go snorkelling in the beautiful house reef, where we saw everything from the docile & friendly turtles to schools of amazingly colourful fish & of course my favourite the reef sharks (all types grey, white tip & black tip). My dad & I being keen & qualified divers, spent a lot of our time scuba diving with the fantastic dive team (a special thanks to Ronnie, Karin, Kiko & Regis there!) we met some other much more experienced divers on our trips who were very upfront about how amazing Baros was for diving & i whole heartedly agree with them! No matter if your an experienced diver or just want to give it a go whilst on holiday, I would say look no further than Baros!!
We also had a massive amount of fun on our night snorkelling trips (massive thanks to shuga for these as well as the amazing photos from our numerous snorkel safaris!) and i must say these excursions were another truly once in a lifetime experience, do not miss out on them!
The food is brilliant with some truly amazing dishes that I wish I could have everyday! & regardless of which restaurant you choose, the prices are very reasonable for the quality of food, gorgeous ocean sunsets & friendly service you experience.
My brother & I decided to purchase my mum a spa package for her birthday on Baros and I must say I was blown away by Ron's attentiveness to this by making up a special card for her on our behalf & even organising a flower delivery from my grandparents for my Mum to the island in time for our arrival. Thank you Ron!
However whilst their are a few individuals I can thank, all of the staff on Baros are simply brilliant, they are so kind, always smiling & never fail to greet you with a cheery good morning or simple hello. No ask is too much for them, they will always come through for you :D! (A special thanks goes out to Azeez for our aftershave!)
Another two special thank you's go out to Shuhan & Jimmy for all their smiles & help over the 2 weeks - also thanks for putting up with my dads incessant emails in the run up to our arrival!!
In summary then, as you can see, I do not have a bad word to say about Baros, neither do my family. No matter who your going with, how long your staying or when your going (don't worry about the weather forecasts seriously!!) you will not be disappointed during your time in paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male