From the moment we were met at the airport to be speedily transfered to the speed boat that whisked us to the arrivals jetty were we were greeted by the general manager personally to the moment he personally waved us Good Bye the experience was fantastic. As we left the marina the guy managing our transfer spotted a large pod of Dolphins and charmingly said they have come to wave you Good Bye. He then asked if we would like to linger to watch them. We happily said yes, the boat captain circled the pod and created bow waves for them to play in, MAGIC! This was absolutely typical of the care and thought that all the staff gave to giving us a wonderful time.
The diving was great, with the usual Baros service and care. Don't miss the trips to the Manta areas. If you don't dive you can snorkel with wonderful Mantas at a cleaning station.
The Baros villa had the wow factor for us and we have stayed at five star hotels around the world. Beautiful natural woods and lovely fabrics. Massive bed surrounded by charming drapes made it beyond four poster and if you really felt the need a cinema surround sound entertainment system can be made to pop up at the end of the bed complete with i pod dock.
The restaurants and bars are lovely, the Lighthouse bar with it's swiveling sofas to allow you to watch the sun set are heavenly. The twinkling coloured lights of Male on the horizon we thought added to the experience. I said like a jeweled necklace on paradise, yes Baros does bring out the romance in even me .
Should mention the executive chef, always had a word when you passed him on the island ,a number of times visited our table to check we were happy.
Wether it be the dive centre management, the general manager, theexecutive chef the excellent caring service ethos comes from the top and it shows.
Thanks Baros for a wonderful holiday we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male