We have just returned from a fantastic 10-day vacation on Baros. It has been one of our best holidays ever, and having travelled far and wide to places such as Tahiti, Fiji, and Kawaui, Baros had something to live up to. Our expectations were completely fulfilled and from the moment we checked in we knew our holiday was going to be special.
The staff were always so very helpful, and the smiles on their faces were sincere. For the first 6 nights we stayed in Baros Villa - no. 214, which in our opinion has one of the best locations on the island with the lagoon only just feet away from our sun-deck. The accommodation was luxurious and had an enchanting garden shower - a joy to use in the very hot climate. For the remainder of our holiday we stayed in Overwater Villa no. 311 which had a wonderful view of the setting sun. The Baros Villa and the Overwater Villa were both very private and were serviced twice a day to a very high standard.
The island has all the characteristics of a paradise island - coconut palms, turquoise blue sea, white coral sand and beautiful flowers, and at night the fragrance from frangipani filled the air. The diving centre has excellent facilities and although we do not dive, we chatted to other guests who had and they were most impressed with their diving experiences. But you don't have to dive to see the fish; within feet of the shore in the lagoon there are many species of small fish swimming in and around the coral.
The food was fantastic, although quite expensive, but the quality of the food gave you value for money. We had a private BBQ on the beach one evening which is to be recommended, having our own private chef and waiter. We ate at the Lime Restaurant and were served mainly by Azeez and Niyaz who were both very attentive, courteous, and good humoured.
We would recommend Baros to those wanting a quiet private island paradise with all the luxuries one would expect from a 5 star plus resort. We would sincerely recommend Baros - it's Barodise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male