This was our first trip to the Maldives, and we chose Baros quite out of the blue. After we found that some friends had been there three times. We had a water villa and had no idea what to expect. I was afraid that there would be a lot of mosquitos and other horrid things, but none.at all. My husband sufferes terribly with humid conditions, but this place was right up his street. He could just go into the water at any time to cool off, or go into the A/C'd room. The room was delightful and such a different experience being over the water, not that you would know at night, as there is no noise. We don't dive, but love snorkelling and found the reef kept our interest without having to venture too far. Prices were probably a little steeper than we imagined but hey!, we were on holiday and certainly did not stint ourselves. We were there for 6 nights (should have been 7 but missed the plane from Dubai). Definatly would go back, and I would be worried about going to another island, as Baros was so perfect. Very peaceful, and a great place to recharge batteries. Only downside is the timing of flights, had to wait a long time at Male for our flight back to UK via Dubai, which was a pain. However Emirates were excellant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male