My husband and I were at Baros during the week of Christmas (20-26 to be specific) and we must admit that we had a very pleasurable time. It was also our first time at the Maldives, and it was a very good start. We shall be going to the islands -hopefully- again. Nonetheless, as we have not yet seen any other resort in the area, we cannot make a truthful comparison.
- Water villas. Very private, silent, with a good and vast sea view, if you choose or get the right villa at the right angle. That said, rooms from 310 to 317 should be satisfactory in that regard. These ones directly face the ocean and few other islands.
- Personalized experiences such as the sandback dinner (quite expensive, but worth every penny -especially if you are on the honeymoon)
- Spa services. Bali massage was exceptionally good.
- Night snorkeling. If you are comfortable with the Sea and its creatures, you have to try this. The underwater life during the day and then during the night are so very different. It is worth to see it with your own eyes.
Quick note here, I was freaking about the sharks before our travel. Everyone keeps saying that Maldives sharks are shy and "friendly" animals :) I chose to believe them, and am not regretting that I dived in for this night snorkeling thing...
- No children aged below 8. And, even then at the beginning of our stay there were none. After Christmas we started to see a few young adolescents with parents. This might be of courisity to the newly wed honeymooners.
To sum up the likes, the Resort is very beautiful indeed. It is quite small (you can walk around it perhaps in 10 to 15 minutes max. If you run, that would be 5 minutes :) ) But, even then you do not feel crowded by other guests.
- We could not locate any wine expert; and overall, we had the impression that the staff was not knowledgeable about wine culture. Thus, during our stay we asked only once about a certain wine and when we discovered that no one was really capable of giving advice, we did not ask again for advices on wine selection from the staff . But, at the Lighthouse, we did have the wine-food pairing menu and it was amazing.
- We also found the service quality to be inconsistent (and not only across different restaurants and experience, but also in the same restaurant as well). During our first few nights when the Resort was not yet that full, the attentiveness of the staff was amazing. However, following days we felt that the service quality went down immensely.
Service at the Lime Restaurant was exceptionally bad. By the way, by service quality here we are only referring to the restaurants. The general service across other facilities is always exceptional.
- Food at the Light House was very good value for money. Sandback the same. But we cannot say the same thing about the food at Lime and Cayenne.
- Finally, we took the beginner's scuba-diving course. It was not one of our high points during our stay. Our instructor did not seem to interested; and I did not feel encouraged to ask questions before we actually started diving.
All in all, we would recommend the hotel for its exceptional honey moon ambiance, friendly staff and natural beauty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male