Just finished our honeymoon in Chaaya frm july 21-26 and can't sing enough praises abt this quaint little resort !
My husband wanted to honeymoon in a laid-back resort with a private pool. He left the planning part to me and i thought why not gift him , with a small piece of the ocean instead !! Thats how I decided on the Maldives and after reading through pages of reviews in tripadvisor.com finally came across this resort. We booked through antilog vacations.
This is our first time in Maldives , so the first glimpse from the aeroplane window of the beautiful little islands scattered across turquoise waters is a spellbounding sight , that will be imprinted in our minds forever !!
Antilog vacations' representative picked us up at the airport and guided us to our transfer. Really appreciate it ! After a speed boAt transfer like in action movies (absolutely thrilling) , we arrived at Chaaya Island dhonveli ! We were welcomed with cold drinks and quickly shown to our beach bungalow where we spent 2 nights.
Its a beautiful room jus 1 min away from the beach but with ample privacy. Rooms were cleaned twice daily.
We upgraded to over-water bungalow for the last 3 days. I have no words to explain the amazing experience of just having to lean out of the windows to see the entire ocean with its crystal clear water and colourful fishes ; going to sleep listening to the sound of waves and watching the sun rise and set from your own sun-deck. Its a must-have experience for every couple ! We waded out in the shallow sea around our villa every morning at low tides.
The rooms are comfortable , well-equipped , clean and ample spaced. Wifi is charged according to usage which is very reasonably priced.
The resort offers some activities like dolphin safari (45$) , sunset fishing , bbq tour to kuda bandos , night fishing , photo flight , Male submarine ( highly recommend the dolphin safari and submarine tour ) in case you're tired of water-activities like snorkelling , surfing and diving. We tried snorkelling for the first time and it was fun. But we saw lots of types of fishes including a reef shark on the way to Maakana resturant. If u want to watch manta ray , try taking a walk near the water suites. We even spotted a white sting-ray there.
Food is exceptionally good. Highly recommend everyone to take the all-inclusive plan. We were assigned to Koimala and Maakana resturant. The chefs in the live counters were very friendly and funny. Being a big foodie , I enjoyed being able to taste new dishes in every meal. Be ready to gain a few extra kilos ! After a heavy meal in Maakana , we dozed off in the beach chairs placed outside while watching surfers ride out the big waves.
The staff are polite and always willing to help you.
One drawback is you are provided with only two 500ml water bottles per day. Everything else is chargeable even in all-inclusive basis. Also there is no special effort for honeymoon couples like decorating the bed or jacuzzi. That would have been great. The resort is not too crowded. The pool looked great though we didnt use it.
Check- out was smooth , none of the usual hurry and arguments.
Overall it is the ultimate romantic getaway that every couple desires. Chaaya island is very amenable for the price you pay. Have already recommended this to a couple of friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives is Kaafu Atoll's best-kept secret for its world famous surf point known as Pasta Point. Located in the heart of the best surf areas, the island is a paradise for water sports lovers. Surfing, Diving, Snorkeling, Canoeing, Pedalo are hot favorites while Outdoor sports such as Tennis, Beach Volley Ball and Badminton are also available. This exqusite island resort offers lavish living spaces with 148 stylish rooms and six restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Travelbag and TravelUp so you can book your Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Island Dhonveli Hotel North Male Atoll
- Chaaya Island Dhonveli Resort
- Dhonveli Beach Spa