“Extremely rude manager”

Bush Village Budget Cabins
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Went to the site, looking for potential accommodation. Me and my friend were given one of the rudest responses ever! I have traveled all over the world and not had such bad treatment.
The guy working there( middle aged,morning shift) barely looked at us while feeding some parrots. He did not say hello. His first comment was ''did you not see the sign'' it says no vacancy's. He then went on to say ''you will not get anywhere in town today'' before walking off away.
Is it necessary to be this rude?? awful customer service for potential business. I really hope the owner reads this and takes note.
5 minutes later we had found a place to stay, so his rude advice was incorrect on top of his extremely rude manner.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

I am very sad to hear this as you have only told half the story. Yes I was short as it was just after 6am (we don't open until 7.30) and I walk out to find people in a car in our drive when we had No Vacancy signs out and it appeared that you guys had been parked there for a while. I explained that at that time of the day in my opinion there would be no accommodation available. We treat all our guests with respect and a friendly service and their safety and wellbeing is paramount so if I seem a little rude to people parked in our driveway in the early hours of the day with the sign clearly saying we have No Vacancy, I apologise but have to still wonder why you were there.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Firstly, the Whitsunday Islands are a fantastic part of Australia to visit. The 'Bush Village Budget Cabins' were the first place in Australia that I stayed in and proved to be amongst the best.
The cabins are clean, quiet, affordable and it's only a short scenic walk along the boardwalk into town. I was a bit apprehensive visiting Australia for the first time being by myself for 6 weeks but Bryan and Jude made me feel very welcome which I was most grateful for.
Bryan in particular helped me arrange several trips, all of which were fantastic.
There are local amenities just down the road and Bush Village Cabins proved to be an ideal location for seeing the Whitsundays. Thanks for everything guys! Highly recommended place to stay at in my opinion, just got to save up now for the return trip!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Thank you for your review. Australia is a fantastic country & the Whitsundays are high on the list of amazing areas to stay a while. Bryan is pretty good on selecting the right trips for our guests depending on the level or type of activity. If you save hard & return to the Whitsundays, even if you are passing through, please call in & have a chat.
Jude & Bryan

Reviewed 10 August 2013

My partner and I stayed one night at the Bush Village and it was great - the gardens were lovely and I got to enjoy some time in the hammock outside our room. Cars are parked at the front of the property so it's quite peaceful with no vehicles around. There are lovely views of the hills behind Airlie Beach (especially from the hammock) and bird life to watch. The room, linen and ensuite were very clean and spacious. The bed was a bit hard and uncomfortable - two singles together - I should have asked when I was told it was a king size bed... I will next time! Bush village is walking distance to a supermarket and other food outlets including Banjo's which served nice quality pub food. Would we stay again? Yes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for your honest review. As you said king beds are two singles together. Try a queen bed if you come back. It is amazing the amount of bird life we have in Airlie Beach and i hope our council work with developers to retain this and the other beautiful wildlife we have in the area. Happy days.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in the budget double which shared a small (fully equipped) kitchen and Bathroom. The lounge area is very nice, and good Internet too. It's about 20 minute walk along the board walk to Airlie Beach central and close to supermarkets making it a good quiet place to rest in Airlie, the owner is also very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Thank you. We are striving to provide a clean quiet enviroment for the budget concious traveler and reviews like yours help us stay on track. Hope the Melbourne weather is being kind.
Cheer Jude & Bryan

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Bush Village for 6 nights in total whilst we visited the whitsundays. We really felt at home here, it has a chilled out vibe which was perfect for us and was so quiet... A contrast to the busy and noisy main strip of Airlie. This isn't a party hostel but that's not intended and its perfect for anyone wanting a more relaxed accommodation.

Bush village is a 20 minute walk from Airlie central and the lagoon but its along a really pretty boardwalk and we saw lots of sunsets walking home. It's ideally located minutes from a Coles/butcher/bottle shop.

Bryan and Jude were perfect hosts. Bryan kindly sorted our boat trip (with isail... Was perfect) for us as well as recommending other great activities for us. Jude also leant us some BBQ tools for our outdoor BBQ along the boardwalk. They really couldn't have been more accommodating.

Bush village really is one of the loveliest places we've stayed!

Thanks Bryan and Jude for creating such a homely atmosphere.

Katherine and Jason

• Stayed: June 2013
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Hey thanks guys,your too kind.It is a great spot we have here and I think being away from the centre of town is a good thing and yes the boardwalk into Airlie is fantastic.Both Jude and myself appreciate you enjoying your stay and we do like to make you feel welcomed and homely as opposed to just another number.
Thanks again and happy travelling
Cheers

Reviewed 22 May 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here a couple of nights while visiting the Whitsundays. I loved this hostel! The rooms were clean and had everything we needed! The surrounding outdoor areas were lovely and the place was quiet and comfortable. The owners were very friendly and were kind enough to keep some of our groceries while we went camping. I loved staying here and would pick it over one of the expensive resorts any day. It is a bit of a walk into the "town" if you are looking for a night out, but it is along the water and is lovely, I enjoyed the walks. There is a also a grocery store right next to the hostel for all of your food needs. We saved lots of money by not going out and making out meals at the hostel!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Wow, thank you. You are right, it is a fantastic walk to town, not too far especially if you over -indulged in some way. The sunset walking back along the boardwalk from town in the afternoon, is just awesome. We are handy to the important shops in Airlie, like Coles, bottle shops, banks & Post Office.
We really love our place for the same reason, the peace & quiet, the birds & everything is close enough to town for a night out. The parks across the road with the ocean & the boardwalk are beautiful, a credit to Whitsunday Council.
Happy Days

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Travelling up the East coast this was definitely our favourite place. The atmosphere was chilled out and peaceful and the cabins nestled between the palm trees were lovely. Our room (kingsize) was spacious, clean and welcoming. We had one or two tiny problems (eg door lock sticking) but the haste and humorous manner in which Bryan helped us was fantastic. He could not have been more helpful. The location is a bit further away from the main part of Airlie Beach but we had a car so this wasn't a problem. We wished we could have stayed longer than our two nights there, I got quite attached to our cabin! Already recommended to friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate W
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Bryan is such a gem. Thank you for your review, we love the place too because it is quiet but close to everything. The birdlife is absolutely amazing and sometimes things happen like doors that stick and the army of ants that come out to clean up after us humans but we still love it here. Thank you again & happy traveling.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannonvale
Island Gateway Holiday Park
#1 of 1 in Cannonvale
Nomads Airlie Beach Backpackers
Nomads Airlie Beach Backpackers
#29 of 56 in Airlie Beach

Been to Bush Village Budget Cabins? Share your experiences!