“Customer relations of Brian stinks”

Bush Village Budget Cabins
Reviewed 22 January 2014

After reading the website describing the cabins and reading the reviews, I decided to start with an open mind and give the place the benefit of the doubt - after all, some people can simply never be satisfied, I thought. So I phoned to make a reservation for a Delux Double, which clearly states on the website that room 1 contains a queen bed as well as room 2.
When I pointed out the error to Brian, he preferred to rather attack me by telling me that it is the way people interpret the website wrong and that I was basically stupid to think that 4 people could sleep for that price.
So, thank you, but NO THANKS, NOT FOR ME!!! If this is what your treatment is like when making inquiries, I can just imagine what it will be like once they have your money. I have booked at the trusted Big 4 instead. I do not need rude people in my life, and before long they will realise that you must be able to handle people in a courteous manner in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michiel G
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

My partner, Bryan goes out of his way to make sure potential guests acquire the right accommodation as we have many different types of cabins. At no time was it implied that you were stupid, Bryan was just simply explaining that there are different room types on the site(Double, Twin or a Triple). Upon explaining to you that we would not be able to accommodate a group of four for the price of two as you were requesting, your attitude became aggressive toward Bryan and called him rude and arrogant. He then tried to assure you he was not being rude, but as he would not give you the room at the price you requested, you have reached your own conclusions, with out ever meeting him. It is unfortunate that people who have never even been to Bush Village, feel it necessary to comment on our hospitality simply because they could not have their way with a pricing issue. WE STRIVE to give all our guests THE BEST VALUE BUDGET ACCOMMODATION we can and we have many guests who think we are on the right track.

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

After checking our options on The latest edition of The Lonely Planet, we noticed that Bush Village would be a good option for us: it s located a little bit away from the backpackers antics of Airlie Beach and they offer a curtesy shuttle into town. However, when we arrived the owner told us that he took over the business not long ago and that he didnt offer a free shuttle anymore, nor a breakfast option. The walk into town is a good 30mins walk and no shade. There is a bus stop nearby but only every 20mins and less on a Sunday. There is wifi but only on the patio surrounding a lounge that is being shut by the owner as soon as he decides it s time for bed leaving the guests on the patio fending for themselves against the bugs. Checkout time is at 10am and at at 10.05am we got a knock on the door reminding us that it was time to leave so they could clean our room. Bush Village was quite empty when we were there so not sure why such a rush to kick us out. Before i left i asked the owner whether he could help us book a greyhound bus and he replied that he didnt help with those kind of bookings and that we could do it ourselves either using the free wifi provided or go into town use a computer...the only good thing about the place were the cabins.They are of good size and clean enough if you dont mind small ants and a couple of hairs on the sheets. For a $103 per night, i thought it was way overpriced for the location and the lack of services on offer. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Aurore79
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for your comments, however we are confused with what you have written. It seems your issues are with a previous publication of a travel guide reference. Some things in the previous guides are incorrect and we have addressed the issues with them and they have been rectified in the latest publications. A wise traveller always checks the accommodation site to make sure their information is up to date. Lonely Planet recently gave us a thumbs up as a good place to stay. We simply can not offer a shuttle service if we don't have one and we do not advertise that we do. As for breakfast, we were advised when we purchased Bush Village by the previous owners that they stopped the service as nobody wanted it. We did trial putting breakfast on and in two months it was used just twice, yes we were amazed too. Our reception closes at 8.30pm and our lounge area at 9.30pm.If guests are in the lounge at closing time, they are shown how to close up and left to be, might I add that the difference between the lounge and the patio is about two meters and a roller door. All guests are welcome to use the FREE WiFi as long as they like. The best thing about Bush Village is the peacefulness, so while you had the perception we were empty, we were actually busy. Our check out time is PRIOR to 10am and it was well after 10 that we reminded you of the check out time as we try to give guests as much time as we can with out them taking advantage. We are unable to offer late check out as we are a small place and during peak seasons our cabins booked for that night. We also offer guests with a late departure the opportunity to use the lounge until they leave. We are not an agent for the Greyhound bus so again we can not offer a service we do not have, and that leads me to your initial remark that "the owner has poor customer service". We greet all our guests cheerfully and friendly, we explain any misconceptions guests may or may not have about us or the area, we show all our guests to their cabins on arrival, we have clean affordable accommodation, we provide a map if needed with shopping, walkways,drives and sailing check-in offices all explained and we also offer tours and sailing trips for the Whitsundays, offer free bicycle hire to guests, and are on hand from 7.30am until 9.30pm for any information that may be needed or even just a chat. We believe we do offer excellent, personalised customer service and we apologise if we are not up to your standard for budget accommodation.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The receptionist was less than enthusiastic I was interrupting what he was doing to check me in. Barely said one word to me and there were problems with the lock on the front door and inner door. As I am travelling alone this was not very comforting. When I asked about the locks and for assistance locking my room with my valuables inside, the receptionist (who is also the manager) was rude, condescending and patronising.

When trying to check out, the same member of staff, watched me drag my big suitcase along the path and up some stairs into the reception to then almost shout at me for having my bags in the way and I had to lug them back down the stairs.

They need to review their customer service as it is a big shame because the accommodation was clean and decent. Although had to pay $1 for 2 hours air conditioning.

The staff let this place down and I am leaving feeling disappointed and upset at the way I was spoken to and treated.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

We are a small Budget Accommodation Village and sometimes we are doing other things when guests come to check-in, but we apologise and serve you as fast as possible and cheerfully. As for your door lock, I asked you if you were trying to lock the door with the key, which you replied no and when I went to the cabin to look at the lock, it seemed you were trying to lock the door with the key and not the button on the door as needed. Therefore there was no problem with the lock. I can assure you I was not rude or condescending. As for your bag, we do not allow luggage in our lounge area(there are signs saying so)as they can be a hazard and no body shouted at you. I am bemused that you can travel across the world with your bag, but expect us to carry it for you when you arrive at Bush Village. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, but I suspect you would be happier choosing a luxury hotel rather than budget accommodation

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This place lives up to its name and description. It's a great value for your money at around $80-100 per night. The cabins cool quickly, are clean, comfortable and quiet. Laundry facilities on site work well and the common area has free wifi. I saw some negative reviews below I didn't agree with. If you think you're going to get budget with Hilton quality lower your expectations. This does the trick for a quick stop over. I've stayed here twice and each time was consistent

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for your review. Your words are what we try to convey to all our guests. We are only budget accommodation with basic facilities and as you said if you want all the luxuries of the Hilton please pay the Hilton prices. We pride ourselves on our clean & quiet cabins. We are slowly upgrading facilities but we have all the basics needed for the budget conscious traveler.
A wonderful happy year to you & happy travelling

Reviewed 14 December 2013

We loved our stay at Bush Village! Bryan was very welcoming when we arrived. He even helped us with choosing and booking at day trip to the Whitsunday's. The room was very spacious and well decorated and clean with free tea etc. Bryan and Judy made our stay very comfortable and relaxing, We especially enjoyed the kitchen/living room area where you can relax and watch a film make something to eat in the evening if you like. We also enjoyed the company of their 3 little doggies and chicken who made our stay even more enjoyable (especially Rocky!). It is also close to town you can take a lovely walk along the shore which takes around 20 mins, or the supermarket is 5 mins walk up the road. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here who wants a relaxing stay in a quiet setting. We loved it so much we ended up extending our s.
Thanks Bryan and Jude, hope you got the note we left for Rocky!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

We did find your note & it made Bryans day. We are so happy The Rocky Horror made you happy. He is a lovable, very friendly puppy & Poo ( the chicken ) is trying very hard to fit in at the Bush Village. She misses her other home. We are also happy you had a relaxing stay as holidays can sometimes be very hectic. We endeavour to keep the Bush Village quiet, relaxing & stress free for our guests.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My husband and I booked a room here intending to stay for 1 night and ended up staying for 3! Bryan and Jude were helpful and friendly and we fell in love with their dogs and chicken! Rooms are spotless and a great size, the gardens are absolutely lovely (very nice to have hammocks outside the cabins!) and the site has a lovely, tranquil feel to it. The communal area has a great kitchen with free tea and coffee which is a great touch, and free WiFi too! The location is also perfect - walk to the end of the drive and you can see the sea! There is a shopping centre roughly 5 mins walk away, and a park (which is also a great walk to the beach) just across the road. Tour operators also offer transfers from the site so there is nothing to worry about!

We would not hesitate to come back here - and very much hope we do!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

We think you have said it all. Thank you. We will welcome you back anytime. Our aim is to keep the Bush Village laid back and to keep on improving our facilities. The location is great as it is very relaxing & not too far from all Airlie Beach has to offer. Happy Travelling & Happy Holiday Season

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The places looks great, the cabins are really cute, in amongst palm trees and hammocks. The rooms are spacious and everything was spotless. The owners are really friendly and helpful. The communal area is really nice with comfy chairs and free wifi.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
owners-BushVillage, Owner at Bush Village Budget Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your review. It is good to know we are on the right track. Sometimes when you are a long way from home it is good to find a relaxing place away from the hustle & bustle.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannonvale
Island Gateway Holiday Park
Kipara Tropical Rainforest Retreat
Whitsundays Rainforest Retreat
Whitsundays Rainforest Retreat
#4 of 12 in Airlie Beach

Been to Bush Village Budget Cabins? Share your experiences!