“Excellent b & b”
Review of Maesglas Uchaf B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ysbyty Ystwyth
Maesglas Uchaf B&B
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have just spent two days at Maesglas Uchaf and would highly recommend this accommondation.
My room was superb with everything you could possibly want and Angela and Peter made it feel like a home from home and made sure that I had everything I needed. It is in a beautiful location and I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Peter W, Owner at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Sandi, thank you very much for your kind remarks and recommendation. Home from home is what we hope to achieve for all our visitors and we are very happy that we did for you. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Excellent B&B. We had a lovely 2 night stay here for our daughters graduation at Aberystwyth Uni.
The room was very big and very comfortable. Tea/coffee choices in the room were the best we have ever had and the ensuite was excellent. Angela made an excellent breakfast, nothing was to much trouble, wonderful hosts. We would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to stay in the area

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Peter W, Owner at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Catherine, thank you very much for your positive comments, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud of the facilities that we are able to offer, and we try to ensure that all our visitors have an experience which is memorable for the right reasons. You may no longer have a daughter at the university, but there are many other reasons to come back and visit this area and we would be nappy to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Having worked for a large Tourist Board, I'm picky when it comes to accommodation - the attention to detail at Maesglas Uchaf was superb ! Angela and Peter could not have provided better hospitality, from the welcome to every aspect of the room, I could find nothing to fault. The peaceful location in a very comfortable bed ensured two nights of perfectly restful sleep and I was particularly impressed with the fruit salad breakfast made especially for me as I don't eat a cooked breakfast. A first in 40 years of b&b's ! Wish I could have stayed longer ! Must not forget to thank Peter for the excellent directions back to Bristol, had I followed my hit and miss Garmin I would probably still be in Wales ! Nothing is too much trouble for Angela and Peter, they deserve their success.

Room Tip: Both rooms are large with excellent en suite facilities.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Peter W, Owner at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Well, what a review, We couldn't have written it better ourselves! Saying "thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback" doesn't seem enough gratitude really, but we are really grateful for your kind comments. I should have given you directions which sent you round in a circle, then you could have stayed another few nights. Thank you Elli, we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

After a day cycling through the local mid Wales mountains we were very pleased to find our destination. A beautifully kept B&B with a lovely room with en-suite overlooking green mountains, which you can also look at while you are having a large full English breakfast, (or if you are my cycling partner a large bowl of creamy porridge). I would recommend this BB to anybody looking for a quality experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Peter W, Owner at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Chris, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are fortunate in having a home which is in such a scenic location and built in a way which ensures that the rooms benefit from the views. Our breakfasts are intended to set you up for your days activities, whatever they may be. Full English and porridge are two of several options that we can provide, we hope that we "fuelled" you both for your days cycling. Thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I could just write about the peaceful, beautiful location, the attentive warm hospitality and the amazing facilities that made my stay at Maesglas so great, but the fact I have slept so soundly and woken so relaxed says it all for me! Thank you Peter and Angela

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Peter W, Manager at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Lyn, thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found it relaxing. Many of our guests comment on how well they sleep when staying here. A combination of no traffic or background noise and minimal light pollution help. Add a comfortable bed and a hearty breakfast and you should be set up for the day ahead. Come again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This B & B has beautiful views of the welsh countryside and is set in a quiet location. We had a warm welcome from the owners who were very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. Our room was a spacious family room decorated nicely, spotlessly clean with every accessory available to ensure our stay was perfect. We slept well in comfortable beds and enjoyed a hearty breakfast in the morning.

This trip was for business, next time I would like to return and stay for pleasure and spend more time enjoying the walks around the area. The pub down the road made the best chicken curry I have had for a long time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Peter W, Owner at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We believe that the views and location complement the facilities and hospitality that we offer to our guests. We are fortunate in having a local pub, which many of our guests have eaten at and returned from impressed.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We enjoyed 4 nights hospitality with Peter and Angela. They provided far more than just a room and breakfast. They were warm and welcoming, had prepared our room with the extra accessories that made us comfortable and went out of their way to help us enjoy their part of the world. Breakfasts were made to suit us with the freshest of food. My wife was a little unwell but Peter and Angela directed us to the pharmacy we needed for supplies.
We enjoyed the food and welcome at the The Miner's Arms and the day on the train from Devil's Bridge to Aberystwyth - suggestions from Peter and Angela.

Room Tip: Either of the rooms would be excellent. We were grateful we had chosen the one with the en-suite.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter W, Owner at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our aim is to make all our guests feel welcome and provide them with an experience that they will remember for the right reasons.
We are fortunate to live in an area which features "magnificent countryside", and there are a numerous places close to us where good food and a warm welcome is available.
Simularly, there are varied attractions within a short distance to occupy you during the day.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return at some time in the future.

Been to Maesglas Uchaf B&B? Share your experiences!