“A Hidden Gem”
Review of Maesglas Uchaf B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ysbyty Ystwyth
Maesglas Uchaf B&B
Chesterfield
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My friend and I stayed at Maesglas B & B for 3 nights while on an art course and words just can't describe the excellent service and hospitality of Angela & Peter the owners. They looked after us so well. The rooms were spacious and well presented and they had the best selection of tea & coffee facilities in the room that I have ever had in a hotel. The shower was brilliant - no messing about trying to regulate it - and there was just everything you could want or need throughout, down to a 2 pin plug! The food was home made and very tasty and they even prepared special meals for my friend who has food allergies. I could go on and on with compliments but instead I will just say - DON'T MISS THIS B & B - IT IS FABULOUS!

Room Tip: It won't matter what room you are in - they are great.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Peter W, Owner at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Elle, we are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the trouble to write such a positive review. We look forward to welcoming you both back here when you attend your next art course or why not come for a visit and spend some time enjoying the scenery? Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed at this B&B twice last year - the first in March and then in September before starting at my university. Both visits were absolutely wonderful. Angela and Peter are very welcoming hosts and willing to help you out with anything. The rooms are extremely spacious and impeccable, and so pretty! There are armchairs and a television, a suite for making tea and coffee with chocolates, and fabulously comfortable beds with pretty duvets and feathery pillows. The en-suite bathroom is beautifully clean, equipped with shampoo, shower gel and conditioner, and are provided with all the essentials which you can easily forget when travelling - soaps, new toothbrush and toothpaste, even shower caps! Angela and Peter are happy to tailor your breakfast to however you want it - there is a choice of a full cooked breakfast, cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt and more. And to top it off, the location is stunning. There is nothing better than superb accommodation situated in a picturesque setting - and this B&B has both, stunning mountainous views while eating your breakfast! :)
I am returning to this B&B in September and cannot wait!!!! :)

Room Tip: My mum and I stayed in the red-coloured room, while my aunt stayed in the green, as we had both room...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sophie H
Peter W, Owner at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Sophie, thank you so much for your comprehensive review, you seem to have covered just about everything! We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your previous visits and we look forward to welcoming you all here again in September.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have just spent two days at Maesglas Uchaf and would highly recommend this accommondation.
My room was superb with everything you could possibly want and Angela and Peter made it feel like a home from home and made sure that I had everything I needed. It is in a beautiful location and I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Peter W, Owner at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Sandi, thank you very much for your kind remarks and recommendation. Home from home is what we hope to achieve for all our visitors and we are very happy that we did for you. We look forward to your return visit.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Excellent B&B. We had a lovely 2 night stay here for our daughters graduation at Aberystwyth Uni.
The room was very big and very comfortable. Tea/coffee choices in the room were the best we have ever had and the ensuite was excellent. Angela made an excellent breakfast, nothing was to much trouble, wonderful hosts. We would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to stay in the area

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Peter W, Owner at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Catherine, thank you very much for your positive comments, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud of the facilities that we are able to offer, and we try to ensure that all our visitors have an experience which is memorable for the right reasons. You may no longer have a daughter at the university, but there are many other reasons to come back and visit this area and we would be nappy to welcome you back.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Having worked for a large Tourist Board, I'm picky when it comes to accommodation - the attention to detail at Maesglas Uchaf was superb ! Angela and Peter could not have provided better hospitality, from the welcome to every aspect of the room, I could find nothing to fault. The peaceful location in a very comfortable bed ensured two nights of perfectly restful sleep and I was particularly impressed with the fruit salad breakfast made especially for me as I don't eat a cooked breakfast. A first in 40 years of b&b's ! Wish I could have stayed longer ! Must not forget to thank Peter for the excellent directions back to Bristol, had I followed my hit and miss Garmin I would probably still be in Wales ! Nothing is too much trouble for Angela and Peter, they deserve their success.

Room Tip: Both rooms are large with excellent en suite facilities.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Peter W, Owner at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Well, what a review, We couldn't have written it better ourselves! Saying "thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback" doesn't seem enough gratitude really, but we are really grateful for your kind comments. I should have given you directions which sent you round in a circle, then you could have stayed another few nights. Thank you Elli, we look forward to your return.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

After a day cycling through the local mid Wales mountains we were very pleased to find our destination. A beautifully kept B&B with a lovely room with en-suite overlooking green mountains, which you can also look at while you are having a large full English breakfast, (or if you are my cycling partner a large bowl of creamy porridge). I would recommend this BB to anybody looking for a quality experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Peter W, Owner at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Chris, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are fortunate in having a home which is in such a scenic location and built in a way which ensures that the rooms benefit from the views. Our breakfasts are intended to set you up for your days activities, whatever they may be. Full English and porridge are two of several options that we can provide, we hope that we "fuelled" you both for your days cycling. Thank you for your recommendation.
Marlborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I could just write about the peaceful, beautiful location, the attentive warm hospitality and the amazing facilities that made my stay at Maesglas so great, but the fact I have slept so soundly and woken so relaxed says it all for me! Thank you Peter and Angela

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Peter W, Manager at Maesglas Uchaf B&B, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Lyn, thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found it relaxing. Many of our guests comment on how well they sleep when staying here. A combination of no traffic or background noise and minimal light pollution help. Add a comfortable bed and a hearty breakfast and you should be set up for the day ahead. Come again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ysbyty Ystwyth
Black Lion Hotel
#1 of 2 in Pontrhydfendigaid
The Hafod Hotel
The Hafod Hotel
#2 of 2 in Devil's Bridge (Pontarfynach)

Been to Maesglas Uchaf B&B? Share your experiences!