“best yet”

Allo's Restaurant, Bar & Bistro
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Listowel
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“best yet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

After 1 week in Ireland and even coming from Kinsale, my husband and I thought we had the best salmon meal here.

• Visited June 2014

Dublin
“Flavour explosion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I went to Allos only this week for a bite to eat. It took me a while to debate over the goats cheese in filo pastry (which I have had numerous times and it's amazing) or the crab salad special. After a lot of humming and hawing I went with the crab salad and boy was I glad I did. When it first landed at my table I must admit I was a little disappointed as the portion looked small for the price I was paying. I was wrong, it was an optical illusion obviously created by some master of presentation. There was loads on the plate and it was amazing. Literally a different flavour on each corner of the plate. And the salad including the crab was so so fresh. As a lover of salads I can honestly say it was the nicest salad I ever tasted in my life (and I've eaten a lot of them) they also supplied an extra portion of homemade brown and white bread free of charge.
There was only one thing I wasn't a fan of and that was the price. €10.50 (and that was one of the cheapest things on the menu) ... But regardless because of the high quality of the food it was a small complaint from somebody who doesn't have much cash. Seriously. Food is amazing, of that crab salad isn't on the menu, do try the goats cheese in filo pastry. Yummy!

• Visited June 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Perhaps because it was Writers' Week, and they may have been busier than normal, Allo's wasn't the experience its prices make it out to be. The price for a main meal on the dinner menu was on average €30 and nothing on it sounded worth that sort of money. We decided to go for lunch instead as a treat. Other reviewers here have commented that it feels like the staff are doing you a favour and I can only concur with it aside from the manager who is friendly. The food was completely fine, nothing amazing. However, the price was what you'd expect from a 5 star restaurant. I actually think this restaurant would do better in reviews if they dropped their prices and realised they aren't a Michelin star restaurant. I hate to give bad reviews but if enough people are saying the same thing, it might help them for the future.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank s7796
“Average. Overpriced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Average. Overpriced. Lunch is better option. Meant to be the place to eat in town but not much to choose from in the town. I got pasta dish which was fine. Service quick. Fine atmosphere......

Visited July 2013
1 Thank rlisalewis
Tralee, Ireland
“Food quality gone down,prices haven't ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Food isn't really that great here anymore
Good location
Nice layout inside
Friendly stAff
A bit pricey for quality
Needs to improve