“Always first class food”

Allo's Restaurant, Bar & Bistro
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Listowel
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Have eaten here on a fairly regular basis and am rarely disappointed. Recently had the Hake which was superb and could not be surpassed. My partner had the Crab salad which she described as "a work of art".Food always of a very high standard with staff pleasant and efficient.
Fully recommended.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

After 1 week in Ireland and even coming from Kinsale, my husband and I thought we had the best salmon meal here.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I went to Allos only this week for a bite to eat. It took me a while to debate over the goats cheese in filo pastry (which I have had numerous times and it's amazing) or the crab salad special. After a lot of humming and hawing I went with the crab salad and boy was I glad I did. When it first landed at my table I must admit I was a little disappointed as the portion looked small for the price I was paying. I was wrong, it was an optical illusion obviously created by some master of presentation. There was loads on the plate and it was amazing. Literally a different flavour on each corner of the plate. And the salad including the crab was so so fresh. As a lover of salads I can honestly say it was the nicest salad I ever tasted in my life (and I've eaten a lot of them) they also supplied an extra portion of homemade brown and white bread free of charge.
There was only one thing I wasn't a fan of and that was the price. €10.50 (and that was one of the cheapest things on the menu) ... But regardless because of the high quality of the food it was a small complaint from somebody who doesn't have much cash. Seriously. Food is amazing, of that crab salad isn't on the menu, do try the goats cheese in filo pastry. Yummy!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Perhaps because it was Writers' Week, and they may have been busier than normal, Allo's wasn't the experience its prices make it out to be. The price for a main meal on the dinner menu was on average €30 and nothing on it sounded worth that sort of money. We decided to go for lunch instead as a treat. Other reviewers here have commented that it feels like the staff are doing you a favour and I can only concur with it aside from the manager who is friendly. The food was completely fine, nothing amazing. However, the price was what you'd expect from a 5 star restaurant. I actually think this restaurant would do better in reviews if they dropped their prices and realised they aren't a Michelin star restaurant. I hate to give bad reviews but if enough people are saying the same thing, it might help them for the future.

4  Thank s7796
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Average. Overpriced. Lunch is better option. Meant to be the place to eat in town but not much to choose from in the town. I got pasta dish which was fine. Service quick. Fine atmosphere......

1  Thank rlisalewis