“My sister wedding. 21 st of june”

and 1 more site!
Listowel Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Listowel
“My sister wedding. 21 st of june”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My sister got married in the arms the 21st of June . It a day we will never forget . My sister wanted a vintage theme and the arms hotel Listowel fulfilled her dream. They really went all out it was like going back to the vintage time. Patrica the manager was brilliant she really put a lot of work into making sure my sister got her wish . From the day my sister and husband booked the wedding Patrica and her staff were so helpful and helped her plan her wedding. The food was beautiful everyone spoke of it and how the staff were so helpful and friendly. As a lot of the guest travelled from scotland and Tyrone and they all said they felt at home once they arrived to Listowel arms . I differently be recommended Listowel arms for future wedding they really made my sister and her husband day a one we will never forget it was brilliant day they differently make a bride and groom dreams come through .

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Moyvane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

John. E Health & Safety Advisor
I've being staying at the Listowel Arms Hotel in Ireland for a month now and this is the most pleasurable experience I have encountered during my four years of travelling as part of my job. The staff are friendly, polite, efficient and nothing is too much for them, which demonstrates to me every member of the workforce genuinely enjoys working in the hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John E
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed for one night in mid-June as a way station between landing in Ireland and three days in Dingle. We found the hotel to be very charming and the staff to be very friendly. We had two connected rooms, each with two twin beds. The beds were comfortable, but the rooms and the bathrooms were in need of some updating. The rooms were clean, but the age of the rooms kind of made them feel a little dirty. I did have some peeves with the bathrooms. First, when taking a shower in the bath, the glass door that is supposed to stop water from getting on the floor was not very effective. It moved very easily and water did get all over the floor. Second, not to get too specific, but the toilet seat would not stay up on its own.

Other than those two peeves, the hotel was fine and a good value. It was in a great location on the river, right next to the Listowel Castle - which despite being basically one tower from the castle - had a great tour (free). It was also next to a trail that went along the river and led to the town park.

Room Tip: Not sure if all the rooms had views of the river, but the two we had did and I would recommend askin...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MEATH
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Wedding was on when we arrived in to eat. Setting at balcony was lovely. Service was terrible. Food was basic and cold. Over priced for what we got. Overcharged too. Am hoping for their sake that they were understaffed.....Will not be there again. A pity

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank MBQMeath
Barry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Here for 3 nights on business at the local power station,what a find, some one once told me that Ireland was the worlds best kept secret and this little jewel is a well kept secret alright. The hotel is in the main square in a busy market town. Plenty of parking at the rear of the hotel with a river flowing alongside and a racecourse on the opposite bank. The patio would be a grand place to be on race day. The place has a charm that is quintessential Irish nothing is too much trouble and the place just oozes old style. I sat having breakfast this morning watching 2 people fishing for salmon or trout and the house martins were putting on an ariel display on the other side of the window. I ate once in the restaurant and it was a set menu which for the price was good. A bottle of house red that was very good and the craic in the bar after was entertaining. It's hard to fault the place and if I was being picky I would say the view from the room (9) was non existent that said I was here on business not pleasure. The room was big and spacious with a large double bed and a 1st rate shower the room had more plug sockets than you can shake a stick at (there is never normally enough)
This is the best review I have written in all of my reviews, a cracking hotel. Well done to the manager and all the staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mick E
Reviewed 15 May 2014

But don't be put off by that 'Olde Worlde' tag! This is not a modern, steel and glass hotel, far from it, but the service levels, quality of the room that I was in (24) and the food is excellent.

This is a friendly and welcoming place, perpetually busy it seems and for very good reason! Food in the bar is very good, service is friendly but not overbearing, the bar staff make time to engage with the customers all adding to the homely feel.

My room was freshly decorated and apart from a couple of very minor quibbles with the bathroom (poor quality loo seat and poorly installed shower head - both of which I firmly believe will have been dealt with by the time I write this 24 hours after checking out) in was very comfortable indeed.

Breakfast is good and rather than the typical 'hot (usually lukewarm) buffet' it is cooked fresh to order.

Lovely, lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Room 24 is great. I believe that the rooms are being refurbished so ask for one that has been recent...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
luang prabang
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night. I love the look and feel of the place. It has a lovely traditional decor, and apart from a little upkeep, I wouldn't change a thing.
The room was grand; decent size, clean, nicely decorated. The TV only had a few channels, but that's ok as I don't stay in hotels to watch TV.
I docked 1 mark, as the full Irish breakfast was in my opinion just standard. Next time I'd like to try the porridge.
Overall, I have an enjoyable stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Listowel
Cliff House Hotel
#3 of 11 in Listowel
The 19th Lodge
The 19th Lodge
#2 of 21 in Ballybunion

Been to Listowel Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!